Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watching Mr Robot?  (Read 1791 times)
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:51:47 PM

Just wondering who here is watching Mr Robot? Bitcoin is all over it, especially in the 2nd season! Surprised there isn't a shitty alt called E coin yet.
i saw a bunch of episodes in the first season and didnt really enjoy the show. the story was nice but the episodes were just moving way too slow for me. Half the episodes was him getting high and sleeping. Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:26:56 PM

Just wondering who here is watching Mr Robot? Bitcoin is all over it, especially in the 2nd season! Surprised there isn't a shitty alt called E coin yet.

I don`t watch "Mr.Robot".I don`t watch TV.

It`s good that bitcoin is mentioned there.Every promotion is good for btc.

Maybe some other TV shows will mention bitcoin soon.

Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:09:55 PM

yes many people have already mentioned it since last year..

however this years big TV gossip point is the TV show "Startup" which is not about hacking or darknet stuff, but the financial industry dealing with cryptocurrency
Mr. Robot is quite cool but Startup is full of bullshit. Worst about Startup is that it won't help building confidence in cryptos with average people: everything revolving around it is obscure and hard to understand (specifically because it's full of Hollywood bullshit and actually very far from the truth), not mentioning it looks like anything but safe (with that Asian guy hacking Gencoin's developer's wallet "because he is a better hacker than she is omg yeah it makes sense").
Mr. Robot is much more down to earth when it comes to cryptocurrency (it's completely paranoid regarding the system but at least it's not bullshitting about crypto).

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:16:42 PM

I just watched few episodes of season 1, but i heard season 2 is horrible compared to season 1.
Also, i doubt many people watch it because it's a bit too realistic compared to hollywood movies.

What I heard is the opposite, it gets increasingly better, specially for a bitcoin fan like us, since in the season 2, the crypto talk gets really intense and its the main role of the series.
Blind Legs Parker

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:27:41 PM

I got the same feeling too: Mr Robot's second season is better than the first. It actually gets increasingly better, as you said. Not only for a cryptofan but from the point of view of the story, too.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
coindancer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 01:31:05 PM

I got the same feeling too: Mr Robot's second season is better than the first. It actually gets increasingly better, as you said. Not only for a cryptofan but from the point of view of the story, too.
is it worth it? i watched a bit of an episode and didn't like it much. what is so special about it?
i do not want to watch a show just because it is somehow btc related. it is the same with the other on, what was it called again? the one with martin freeman.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:04:15 PM

no i don't watched but when i read someone post if in mr robot there is a part that tells bitcoin,then I watched only that's part.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:16:48 PM

No I do not watch it before but I already saw a clip about a group talking about bitcoins.  It is no surprise since the theme of that tv series is about high technology.  Though we should be thankful that Mr Robot gives a free advertisement and publicity of what bitcoin is.  Viewers of that show who do not have any knowledge ehat bitcoin is will be curious about it fo sure.
Blind Legs Parker

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 02:29:38 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 07:47:21 AM by Blind Legs Parker

is it worth it? i watched a bit of an episode and didn't like it much. what is so special about it?
i do not want to watch a show just because it is somehow btc related. it is the same with the other on, what was it called again? the one with martin freeman.
The most interesting part about Mr Robot is that you see life through the eyes of a half-crazy hacker with paranoia, asperger, etc. I mean what you see onscreen is the reality as this guy sees is, it's not the reality as sane people see it. Quite frequently it gives way to very interesting situations, as you were certain that things happened in a certain way but actually, some stuff was made up by this guy's brains, and you only notice when he does. It's quite disturbing, really. [troll] At the end of the last season you notice that actually nothing had happened and the whole story was made up by him. [/troll] No seriously, go watch it.
Also, for once, and as I've already said it, the technical stuff related to computers is not full of hollywood bullshit. That's a plus.

The one with Martin Freeman is Startup and it's not as good (not shitty either, it's still not that bad but very hollywoodish and not convincing all in all). Watch Sherlock instead.

coindancer

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:13:28 PM

The most interesting part about Mr Robot is that you see life through the eyes of a half-crazy hacker with paranoia, asperger, etc. I mean what you see onscreen is the reality as this guy sees is, it's not the reality as sane people see it. Quite frequently it gives way to very interesting situations, as you were certain that things happened in a certain way but actually, some stuff was made up by this guy's brains, and you only notice when he does. It's quite disturbing, really. [troll] At the end of the last season you notice that actually nothing had happened and the whole story was made up by him. [/troll] No seriously, go watch it.
Also, for once, and as I've already said it, the technical stuff related to computers is not full of hollywood bullshit. That's a plus.

The one with Martin Freeman is Startup and it's as not good (not shitty either, it's still not that bad but very hollywoodish and not convincing all in all). Watch Sherlock instead.
well, i'm almost convinced. i'll give it at least another try.  Wink
computer related hollywood bs is sometimes more then annoying. hope they don't mix some strange myths with bitcoin, so that people will believe bitcoin is something different.   
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:20:42 PM

I want to like it but... I watched the first episode recently and it was a little sophomoric. More like the writing of a person who knows a little about hacking, but not much.  For example one of the characters, a top network security person, did not know what a DDoS attack was or TOR or something. I forget what it was, but something 101 in hacking. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:00:48 PM

Mr. Robot is very weird and obviously you need to be into computers and technology to fully enjoy it and honestly even I find it kinda peculiar sometimes and too much for my taste. By the way Almost Human was the first series to showcase Bitcoin tech on television and personally I liked that show a lot more but sadly it got cancelled prematurely.
Blind Legs Parker

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:46:56 AM

For example one of the characters, a top network security person, did not know what a DDoS attack was or TOR or something. I forget what it was, but something 101 in hacking.  
I think this paradox is due to the fact that people watching the series don't necessarily have that much knowledge, so they have to find a way to explain it. I remember that in one of the first episodes, Eliott explains a very simple plan to hack Steel Mountain and the other members of the group don't understand at first, which gives the series' director a good excuse to explain in a more detailed fashion what's going to happen to Steel Mountain through an example.
Thing is you didn't even need to be a hacker to understand, just to pay attention. But yeah. they don't want to lose too many people because of too much jargon.
What I mean when I say that it's not bullshit is that what the hacking-related stuff is actually genuine. It's not like in other series/movies, where hacking is magic. That's what I mean.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:54:29 AM

Mr. Robot is very weird and obviously you need to be into computers and technology to fully enjoy it and honestly even I find it kinda peculiar sometimes and too much for my taste. By the way Almost Human was the first series to showcase Bitcoin tech on television and personally I liked that show a lot more but sadly it got cancelled prematurely.
The first season of Mr. Robot was far, far better than the current one, or at least of the first few episodes I've seen of the current season. I don't know why they chose to do some of the things they did and why they're straying from the original sort of aspect of the show (to an extent), but I hope it turned around or turns around.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:00:50 AM

Though that TV series is more about big companies like google and facebook.
I think bitcoin still an infant comparing to paper money, it needs at least +$500 Billion capital to be considered large scale topic to talk about globally.

And that makes us lucky to be involved so early to benefit but yet we complain a lot.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:03:13 AM

I started watching that TV show, and it's kind of interesting but I haven't really been focused on watching it and I've mainly focused on watching some other things while I try to watch more of it. I just can't really connect with the main character and his acting of a (presumably) mentally ill or extremely stressed individual just kind of turn me off.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:18:37 AM

Yes I've been watching Mr. Robot and have completed Season 1. I've also watched episode 1 of Season 2. I'm a real fan of their plots in every episode and have noticed references of Bitcoin and E-Coin (Evil corp's digital currency) in the show. I'm sure someone here would by now have come up with that alternate coin xD.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:50:27 PM

For example one of the characters, a top network security person, did not know what a DDoS attack was or TOR or something. I forget what it was, but something 101 in hacking.  
I think this paradox is due to the fact that people watching the series don't necessarily have that much knowledge, so they have to find a way to explain it. I remember that in one of the first episodes, Eliott explains a very simple plan to hack Steel Mountain and the other members of the group don't understand at first, which gives the series' director a good excuse to explain in a more detailed fashion what's going to happen to Steel Mountain through an example.
Thing is you didn't even need to be a hacker to understand, just to pay attention. But yeah. they don't want to lose too many people because of too much jargon.
What I mean when I say that it's not bullshit is that what the hacking-related stuff is actually genuine. It's not like in other series/movies, where hacking is magic. That's what I mean.

img]http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/293739maxresdefault.jpg [/img

Good points. It is far more realistic than most shows.
I want to like it. Maybe it's just the guy. He seems like he would be depressing to be around, lol.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
coindancer

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:31:10 PM

The first season of Mr. Robot was far, far better than the current one, or at least of the first few episodes I've seen of the current season. I don't know why they chose to do some of the things they did and why they're straying from the original sort of aspect of the show (to an extent), but I hope it turned around or turns around.
yeah i finally watched them both and i have to say, that season 2 is totally different. i liked the first season more. the second one was to much about eliotts problems. the way they made you feel what he is going thru was cool in the first place, but then they overdid it. 
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:14:21 PM

Have watched MR.robot first few episodes but i am not getting enough time to watch other episodes however this series look really intresting one for tech lovers like me. One of my friend have recommended me to watch it as he knows my taste about science fiction and cyber intellegence.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: