Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Hedge Funds  (Read 765 times)
datz (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

"to survive, we must live and fly"

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:37:47 AM

If I ever get involved in BTC heavily, I hope to create a BTC Hedge fund. With enough members and cumulative BTC, individual Hedge funds can easily manipulate the market using a number of techniques. I would not be surprised if such funds already exist here. In an emerging, relatively low-volume market, preying on fear and greed is easy. I saw a simple 17,000 cumulative block of sales drop the BTC ten points relative to the dollar. A simple sell, wait for fear reaction cascade, rebuy would net thousands. Easy pickings.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinaddict

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:50:48 AM

Welcome to the bitcoin community!  I'm sure you will be well respected with plans like those.

https://bitcoinmonkey.com/images/btcmonkey_ub.png
Join https://www.bitcoinmonkey.com mining pool!  0% Fees for life, LP, super low stales, API, SSL (with a real cert!), growing fast!
Alik

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:35:58 AM

Bernie Mahdoff is probably trading bitcoins in jail.
Tun84

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:39:07 PM

Perhaps.  I think many in the community though would see through this move.  They would buy heavily into the panic selling along with you and thereby decrease the profits of your scheme.  You could do this for a time but not forever.  You would be putting up the risk by initiating the panic with a large sell and you have to buy those back cheaper.  If too many see the opportunity and and ride your coat tails it may make such behavior ineffective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: