Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shorting XRP - Get 2%/week interest on your Ripples.  (Read 1227 times)
poly (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:34:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently shorting XRP / ripples. What this means is that when you send me XRP, I will sell it for bitcoins (short selling). I believe that due to the distribution model, and the 99 billion ripples that exists but not distributed yet, the price of XRPBTC will fall and I'm able to buy back ripples for cheaper than what I sold for.

Thus, I'm paying 2% / week interest borrowing XRP. I take on the risk that if XRP stays the same or gains value compared to BTC, in exchange for making a profit if XRP decreases in value more than 2% a week.

Send me a PM if you are interested! Smiley

poly | My Tip Jar
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:38:05 AM

which exchanges trade xrp, sorry for off-topic
poly (OP)

Activity: 84

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:25:07 AM

Bitstamp does.

poly | My Tip Jar
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:54:25 AM

What would you do with more and more worthless ripples? I'm interested.
webr3

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:20:12 PM

What a strange thing to say, you can buy or sell ripples instantly, and the 30k XRP given away can be traded quickly for $30 / 0.3BTC or more - that's certainly not "worthless" is it?
romerun
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:48:31 PM

a video on youtube has an idea to make distributed exchange over ripple
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:40:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently shorting XRP / ripples. What this means is that when you send me XRP, I will sell it for bitcoins (short selling). I believe that due to the distribution model, and the 99 billion ripples that exists but not distributed yet, the price of XRPBTC will fall and I'm able to buy back ripples for cheaper than what I sold for.

Thus, I'm paying 2% / week interest borrowing XRP. I take on the risk that if XRP stays the same or gains value compared to BTC, in exchange for making a profit if XRP decreases in value more than 2% a week.

Send me a PM if you are interested! Smiley

What collateral do you provide?
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:55:45 PM

I have a great idea to implement what you want.

How about you issue a currency? So people send you XRP, and then you give them and IOU for XRP derivative.  This would be your own currency and it can't be called XRP.

Now you can do two things.  You can either just say that you'll give 2% return to the accounts per week.  But, this isn't a good idea because people might trade your IOUs and letting people trade the IOUs gives liquidity to the market.

So, instead you could do it sort of like a stock.  So today people can buy a share for 1 XRP (or 10).  Then in one week each share will cost 1.02 XRP and people can sell a share for 1.02 XRP.  In 2 weeks each share will cost 1.0404 XRP.  This is a better option as you also don't need to be sending transactions to everyone for the interest payments.
romerun
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

does not look like bitstamp has XRP anymore ? or it's hidden somewhere, I just had a chance to register and disappointed.
Limie

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 03:25:54 PM

How is this project going?

XRP- rJZrZTkMYrqe94c1V6KS1gbYpcaJRQqcd8
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:16:29 PM

What a strange thing to say, you can buy or sell ripples instantly, and the 30k XRP given away can be traded quickly for $30 / 0.3BTC or more - that's certainly not "worthless" is it?
I think he was being waggish.
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:18:29 PM

What's your OTC rating OP?
ericwt

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 05:25:22 PM

You know this whole Ripple giveaway has been sad in a way.

Give the kiddies that post on Bitcoin talk tons of XPR that they do not need and are not interested in sharing, so they can sell the digits to people who have genuine interest in Ripple.

It is sad because I would almost consider paying $30 cash for 30k of XRP, just so I could have it to give to friends and business associates.

Down with newbie discrimination, give ripples to anyone that asks. It will eliminate the secondary markets.

To correct your error and clear your Karma send 30,000 XRPs to

rBY82V7hf9mkZ3vZGvB6LPzjsBE8zrvMTR

You will feel better, trust me. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: