Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:53:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Bitcoin Store: Free bitcoin online stores  (Read 17239 times)
fwho

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:31:19 PM

Im working on a openCart store or two, but I might try this out. Seems pretty cool.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aantonop (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 08:23:52 PM

Update: 68 stores completed and online. More every day.

Have an idea? Launch a store to sell it in under a minute. No cost, no credit cards, no technical skills needed.

Instructions: openbitcoinstore.com
Launch here: apply.openbtcshop.com

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:11:28 AM

We passed 100 free stores launched some time last week, in our first month of operation.

Some of the are succeeding and look amazing. Some have failed to get beyond the launch. That's ok, the whole point of openbitcoinstore is that you can try without cost or risk!

Do you have an idea that could allow you to earn bitcoin instead of buying bitcoin? Now you can try that idea.

Openbitcoinstore.com, it's free, it's easy, it take 30 seconds from idea to store.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 05:44:07 AM

Will try this out later this month for selling Klondike boards/kits. Thanks!

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 02:39:12 AM

Quick Update: 128 stores...

New features:

* Custom domain
* SSL certificates

Coming Soon:

* Electrum MPK addresses, for direct payment
* Auction support

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:25:58 AM

*Like*

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:49:55 AM

New features:

* Custom domain
* SSL certificates

Coming Soon:

* Electrum MPK addresses, for direct payment
* Auction support

Excellent. You are still on my radar as #1 choice for the Klondike store when I have a working design to sell.

That Electrum MPK support will be awesome. I have some code for that I already started on in my github (below) as I wanted something like this for my own use. You may want to take a look. It's unfinished as I got distracted by other things...

Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 08:08:13 PM

The directory only shows six stores.

aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 08:11:05 PM

Most of them are not listed (as of today 138 stores), it takes time to add stock and make pretty.

We're about to finish work on OpenBitcoinStore 2.0, which will have an improved directory and more automatic listing.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 09:54:56 PM

i lost the password and login to my wordpress site.. looking to get going on my store Smiley and i dont seem to be receving my emails to gmail for a recovery.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:17:15 PM

Axilla,

Please send a message to the support desk (support@rooteleven.zendesk.com)

I have passed on the information but we will need some additional info from you.

I can find or reset the password for you, once I confirm the site info, unfortunately we do not enable email sending by default on the stores, you have to use your own email server - this is because we would otherwise be used by spammers as an email generator.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:08:04 AM

This is a great project.  I've heard a lot of good things about MediaTemple if you're looking for a place to host these - no, it's definitely not free, but it scales and at $20/month it's relatively inexpensive, so it could be a good option.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
cescan

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:43:05 AM

READY FOR MORE BETA TESTERS!

Things are going well and we have two stores in pre-launch testing.

Who wants a FREE STORE?

The tests indicate that Woo Commerce is the favorite. I have FIVE stores ready to go for beta testers.

I want a FREE STORE.

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 10:31:24 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 11:07:53 AM by BkkCoins

Has there been any progress on Electrum MPK support? I want to setup now and use this for Klondike sales, but I don't want to bother with a third party merchant account. To me that kind of defeats one of the main features of Bitcoin, that you control your own money.

If there is technical info about how I can integrate this myself please PM me. I'm comfortable with Electrum code and programming in Python or C. I just don't have a lot of time right now.

Thx.

BTW your launch page won't accept a store sub title. It keeps rejecting a perfectly good subtitle.

"For digital picks and shovels."

Oh, it seems you cannot have a period in your subtitle... ? Hmm.

ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:32:39 PM

It looks like this is a Wordpress-based store. Your Python knowledge won't help you much there. I have quite a bit of experience with PHP, but not much with Wordpress.

I noticed you want to take payment directly. How do you plan on managing exchange rate fluctuations? I imagine your costs are denominated in fiat, not BTC.
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:37:56 PM

It looks like this is a Wordpress-based store. Your Python knowledge won't help you much there. I have quite a bit of experience with PHP, but not much with Wordpress.

I noticed you want to take payment directly. How do you plan on managing exchange rate fluctuations? I imagine your costs are denominated in fiat, not BTC.
I've done quite a bit of PHP as well, so no problem. Just my own Electrum MPK pmt code is in Python so rather than rewrite I may integrate it.

I always hold some bitcoin anyway so I'm not too worried about exchange rate. It occurred to me that I don't have a very good process for selling coins now that FC4B isn't around, and it often involves losing a few percent anyway, so I may as well use BitPay since they can put it direct in my bank.

To OP: I sent an email requesting activating my own domain but haven't heard anything. Is this something you can still do?

uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:14:01 PM

If you create a store with aantonop feel free to post a link in Bitcoin Innovators merchant section too. I want to support new Bitcoin businesses and merchants. Smiley
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 04:46:32 PM

I'm trying this out but having a few problems:

Emails aren't getting sent for New Order or any other notifications.

How do I add an SSL cert for the cart? I see up above that it's supported now, and in the cart there's an option to enable it. But it says a cert is needed. Where do I put that? I know how to get one, and on my own server I'd know how to set it up, but don't know how it works here.

Finally - if I want to run this on my own server so I have full control, can I grab it all in one easy step or do I have to install WordPress and then install WooCommerce, and then the plugins. Is there more as well?

Thx.

Huc

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:47:58 AM

Just tried out the platform. Works great! Thanks for redirecting my URL www.cryptodecals.com.

I've accepted some payments using paypal and currently setting up bitpay to work with the store.
cryptocash

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:01:14 PM

are there to tutorials on how to get a store running?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: