Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:40:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Polish bank accounts?  (Read 5274 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:28:39 PM

Slightly OT

It's the Slovenia bit that bothers me, I am a fan of Bitstamp, I use them, very useable site but Slovenian banks are not in the healthiest of condition.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article-2301214/Slovenian-bailout-inevitable-Second-tiny-EU-state-caught-fallout-Cyprus-banks-crisis.html

okay but, which banks are healthier in this times?  Roll Eyes

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:34:11 PM

That bailout has been looming for over 2 years.
But although this is hard id atm go with an US bank(ofc not for btc).
NABiT

Activity: 331
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:38:56 PM

Slightly OT

It's the Slovenia bit that bothers me, I am a fan of Bitstamp, I use them, very useable site but Slovenian banks are not in the healthiest of condition.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article-2301214/Slovenian-bailout-inevitable-Second-tiny-EU-state-caught-fallout-Cyprus-banks-crisis.html

okay but, which banks are healthier in this times?  Roll Eyes

That was 8 months ago and things didn’t look too healthy in Slovenia after the Cyprus crisis.

With other banks getting cranky about bitcoin since then, Barclays pingit>Blockchain, Transferwise’s bank stopping SEPAs to the exchanges, I’m beginning to think that their bank being in Slovenia might be a plus.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:52:46 PM

Although the sheer amount of banks, neither will accept bank account opening for foreigners online.
And concerning the fees: Polish banks or rather the regulators are pretty resistant to EU regulations, but by February they will have to comply and SEPAs will be free according to the regulation from 2009.

Though the EU-Area includes a number of countries. If might be hard to open an account for a US-Citizen but a EU-Citizen shouldnt have a problem.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

No experience with that, sorry.
But a US citizen can still open a business in Poland and be governed by their laws.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 03:11:02 PM

No experience with that, sorry.
But a US citizen can still open a business in Poland and be governed by their laws.

Right... though i would think most users here would see opening a business as overkill. Or is it that bad with banks in other areas of the world?

bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

You can always go offshore, but as far traveling costs and availability is a concern id rather stay in the EU.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:04:14 AM

With other banks getting cranky about bitcoin since then, Barclays pingit>Blockchain, Transferwise’s bank stopping SEPAs to the exchanges, I’m beginning to think that their bank being in Slovenia might be a plus.
Has Transferwise made an announcement concerning this or is this based on experience?
Not that i would trust them any more than PP, since they are based in the UK and although dealing through an Estonian bank your data goes straight to the US.
NABiT

Activity: 331
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:28:59 AM

Has Transferwise made an announcement concerning this or is this based on experience?
Not that i would trust them any more than PP, since they are based in the UK and although dealing through an Estonian bank your data goes straight to the US.

Both, a real shame, their fees for SEPA are very low.

https://transferwise.com/blog/2013-04/notice-to-bitcoin-users-april-2013
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:26:39 AM

They all use the bank zachodni because german banks close bank accounts if you trade with the wrong bitcoin user.

Maybe dumb question but when A bank close your bank account it means it eats your money or let you transfer your funds to your account held with bank B?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 08:38:48 PM

They all use the bank zachodni because german banks close bank accounts if you trade with the wrong bitcoin user.

Maybe dumb question but when A bank close your bank account it means it eats your money or let you transfer your funds to your account held with bank B?

I believe the funds are locked until the problems are solved. Thats what happened to the bank accounts of bitcoin-24.com too.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: