Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTN: BTCjam Users & Other Crowd Funding User  (Read 2074 times)
SynOps (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:25:39 AM

As many know, a lot of people lately have started to miss payments, and began defaulting on loans from BTCjam. (Including myself).

After speaking with a few Users, I have decided, to start #Bitcoin-CrowdFunding on Freenode IRC

Here you can meet up with your users of BTCjam or any other Crowd Funding site. It will mainly be BTCjam users I suspect, though.

I have decided to do this so we can speak with everyone with how users can get paid and investors can catch up....ALSO, because the site owner of BTCjam does not reply to emails and does not do anything about giving up information about defaulters....BTCjam needs to be shutdown or sold to someone that can actually run it the right way...or damn..hire some of us to help! Thank of course..most of these loans were when BTC was $8-$13 each...price spiked and obviously hurt a lot of people that did not expect it!

(IE. 10 BTC Loan in November was $130...NOW that 10 BTC is worth $800-900ish.)

(BTCjam makes $ on our loans...so shouldn't we get answers whenever we want?!)

Anyways, I hope to see some of you there and work to get payments right!

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 06:03:20 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2013, 10:58:25 PM by logicbomb666

Good idea. I have been using BTCJam for the last month or so, and am quite surprised by the website's lack of documentation.  The only way to figure out their rules and processes is to go in blind and figure it out after you have money out there on the line.  There is a complete lack of communication in this regard, so it would be good to have an area where I can talk to people about this stuff.

Btw- I have received a response to one of my emails to support@btcjam, it just took several days.

Edit - I actually got an email response from BTCJam support within a couple of hours today. 

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
SynOps (OP)

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 01:07:37 PM

I have emailed them 9 times this week, no response. I email every email address that is on their website , and any email address that is reply-able that they send to me.

SynOps (OP)

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:04:09 PM

Would really appreciate members to come join!

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:57:38 PM

LMAO I like how people are trying get out of there loans cause bitcoin went from $13-$120, that is called you didn't assume the risk correctly, you should get a scammer tag. Also if your making money don't you have profits which you could be buying with bitcoins? I mean this is a joke, if everyone else in the bitcoin world can pay back loans and you can't that is called being a defaulter. And I like how your trying to blame a website for you not paying back LMAO no you messed up and now you don't want to think that you never planned on this happening lets blame a website to make it look like I did nothing wrong. Well that may work for others, but for me I saw from the beginning a scammer and now your sitting here as a scammer.
Blindfolded

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:24:18 PM

LMAO I like how people are trying get out of there loans cause bitcoin went from $13-$120, that is called you didn't assume the risk correctly, you should get a scammer tag. Also if your making money don't you have profits which you could be buying with bitcoins? I mean this is a joke, if everyone else in the bitcoin world can pay back loans and you can't that is called being a defaulter. And I like how your trying to blame a website for you not paying back LMAO no you messed up and now you don't want to think that you never planned on this happening lets blame a website to make it look like I did nothing wrong. Well that may work for others, but for me I saw from the beginning a scammer and now your sitting here as a scammer.

Thats exactly right: Some of the loaners loaned BECAUSE of this very reason.
BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:00:13 AM

BTCjam - a loan system:

1. Of a single-shot currency/medium without return mechanisms.
2. Without any sort of legal or enforceable policies.
3. Of a currency/medium for which the price is highly volatile in frequency and range.
4. Of a currency/medium that is deflationary in nature.
5. Run by people you don't know, aren't communicative and probably aren't qualified (not even in terms of appropriate expertise).

Anyone who participates in the above is clearly a fucking moron.
This is just another unnecessary birth pain of enthusiasm colliding with ignorance.

BB.
BitBuster

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:25:00 AM

For the reasons I listed. If someone decides not to pay you back, there is nothing you can do to actually retrieve your funds. Therefore such a system is an obvious, perhaps irresistible target for fraudsters. I congratulate you on not yet suffering this fate, but am sure the odds mean you eventually will.

BB.
BitBuster

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:32:00 AM

For the record there is no need for you to be sorry I didn't do research on individuals, as I have no vested interest in the system. Which I thought would have been obvious, considering my last two contributions.  Wink

BB.
TheDarKnight

Activity: 137

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:02:45 AM

As many know, a lot of people lately have started to miss payments, and began defaulting on loans from BTCjam. (Including myself).

After speaking with a few Users, I have decided, to start #Bitcoin-CrowdFunding on Freenode IRC

Here you can meet up with your users of BTCjam or any other Crowd Funding site. It will mainly be BTCjam users I suspect, though.

I have decided to do this so we can speak with everyone with how users can get paid and investors can catch up....ALSO, because the site owner of BTCjam does not reply to emails and does not do anything about giving up information about defaulters....BTCjam needs to be shut down or sold to someone that can actually run it the right way...or damn..hire some of us to help! Thank of course..most of these loans were when BTC was $8-$13 each...price spiked and obviously hurt a lot of people that did not expect it!

I got ripped off there as well.... but yeah, fat chance of getting your Bitcoins now that the price is much higher. Maybe that was always the flaw with the idea of a site like BTCJAM - will people pay anything back if the value of what the owe has risen? It has to be a no-brainer to be honest. And the owner fo that site is a scam artist. He knows what he is doing.

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
Tulkas

Activity: 352

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:39:39 PM

BTCjam - a loan system:

1. Of a single-shot currency/medium without return mechanisms.
2. Without any sort of legal or enforceable policies.
3. Of a currency/medium for which the price is highly volatile in frequency and range.
4. Of a currency/medium that is deflationary in nature.
5. Run by people you don't know, aren't communicative and probably aren't qualified (not even in terms of appropriate expertise).

Anyone who participates in the above is clearly a fucking moron.
This is just another unnecessary birth pain of enthusiasm colliding with ignorance.

BB.

1. that's why our service exists, the loans are intermediated by our service the "shot" is directed to our wallet
2. Please take a look here https://btcjam.com/partners and here https://btcjam.com/legal/rules_for_borrowers
3. we have loans denominated in other currencies, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145158.0
4. see 3
5. can you be more specific? 'probably' not qualified?

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
Tulkas

Activity: 352

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:50:25 PM

I have decided to do this so we can speak with everyone with how users can get paid and investors can catch up....ALSO, because the site owner of BTCjam does not reply to emails and does not do anything about giving up information about defaulters....BTCjam needs to be shutdown or sold to someone that can actually run it the right way...or damn..hire some of us to help! Thank of course..most of these loans were when BTC was $8-$13 each...price spiked and obviously hurt a lot of people that did not expect it!

The only issue you reported to us was answered in 10 minutes, you even thanked us for the promptness is solving your issue!

What do you have to tell about the 50+ late payments you have now?

You also should probably take a look at our new terms of service.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: Website not working?? Im have errors paying my loans
To: Celso Pitta <celso@btcjam.com>

Thank you for your promptness

---
WWW.BitFiServices.COM/Home
Bitfi Services
Fredericksburg, VA
GVoice: 804-404-3248

On 2013-03-04 12:13, Celso Pitta wrote:
Hello, will check your payments.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM, SynOps <synops@bitfiservices.com> wrote:

I paid my loans DAYS ago, and they are just saying processing, some show up as paid within a few seconds, but there are a bit that have not went through as being paid, but the coins are not in my wallet and the customers got their coins....so whats up with that?

Also, was wondering if you were ever going to allow ads...if so I would be interested
--
WWW.BitFiServices.COM/ [1]
Fredericksburg, VA
GVoice: 804-404-3248 [2]

--
Celso Pitta
Founder, BTCJAM - P2P Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com [3]

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
Pages: [1]
  Print