Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power from organic waste?  (Read 303 times)
laurynasc111 (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:14:26 AM

Just saw a DIY biogas generator that uses organic waste, do you think this would work for a small Bitcoin ASIC? How much power would it produce? I would be building four of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:40:01 AM

better irl-achievable fictional idea:
activite a construction about heating tank.
after it was avaliable, setup a gas receiving stand.
before heating the garbage, make sure to add slightly polluted water.
enclose the tank after filling with the compressed garbage and such, heat that(as coal was produced that way).
collect swamp gas produced inside with  that stand.
you got swamp gases to burn to provide more electricity.

btw, that generator (including what you are talking about)  requires a certain amount of fats, dead leaves, wood and/or wastes with bad smell (as they are more lilely to have more swamp gas) so it produces more energy, and must be with a large waste capacity, so it produces gases faster. as far as i know, abandoned landfill gives you more swamp gas that is flammable enough to power up your ASICs.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
markisanon2434

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Dapps will be the game changer

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:49:20 AM

Power from organic waste? Is this feasible? Can we actually do one or is there anyone who has made it work in real life rather than just putting it on a paper...I mean at least a working model. More information on this topic would be nice. It would be awesome if we can power up ASIC miners and we can also avoid the bad smell  Wink

Wouldn't it?  Cool

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:55:30 AM

Power from organic waste? Is this feasible? Can we actually do one or is there anyone who has made it work in real life rather than just putting it on a paper...I mean at least a working model. More information on this topic would be nice. It would be awesome if we can power up ASIC miners and we can also avoid the bad smell  Wink

Wouldn't it?  Cool
bad smell is often flammable IIRC, so beware of the garbage. like the tank for processing the sewage, it produces the flammable gas because someone had exploded one of them once by triggering a firecracker. now you know how powerful that gases from the wastes is. Smiley

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:49:14 AM

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_gasification:
Plasma gasification is a process which converts organic matter into synthetic gas, electricity, and slag using plasma. A plasma torch powered by an electric arc, is used to ionize gas and catalyze organic matter into synthetic gas and solid waste (slag). It is used commercially as a form of waste treatment and has been tested for the gasification of biomass and solid hydrocarbons, such as coal, oil sands, and oil shale.

From https://www.wired.com/2012/01/ff_trashblaster/:
There is, in fact, value in trash—if you can unlock it. That’s what this facility in northern Oregon is designed to do. Run by a startup called S4 Energy Solutions, it’s the first commercial plant in the US to use plasma gasification to convert municipal household garbage into gas products like hydrogen and carbon monoxide, which can in turn be burned as fuel or sold to industry for other applications. (Hydrogen, for example, is used to make ammonia and fertilizers.)

From http://www.explainthatstuff.com/plasma-arc-recycling.html:
The plasma arc in a waste plant heats the waste to temperatures anywhere from about 1000–15,000°C (1800–27,000°F), but typically in the middle of that range, melting the waste and then turning it into vapor. Simple organic (carbon-based) materials cool back down into relatively clean gases; metals and other inorganic wastes fuse together and cool back into solids. In theory, you end up with two products: syngas (an energy-rich mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen) and a kind of rocky solid waste not unlike chunks of broken glass. The syngas can be piped away and burned to make energy (some of which can be used to fuel the plasma arc equipment), while the "vitrified" (glass-like) rocky solid can be used as aggregate (for roadbuilding and other construction). In practice, the syngas may be contaminated with toxic gases such as dioxins that have to be scrubbed out and disposed of somehow, while the rocky solid may also contain some contaminated material.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: