Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2018, 05:33:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stake from a VPS?  (Read 236 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1013

lllllllllllll

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 12:22:38 PM

So I have some AWS funds to blow. I want to stake on a AWS VPS, and I've got it fully set up with an Ubuntu server.

I need help with namely CryptoBullion.

Q1) I have compiled their daemon (I think, I've now created a file called CryptoBullion-qt_64), but I can't seem to execute it (using /home/decoded/CryptoBullion-qt_64). How do I get this working?

Q2) If I somehow get the daemon working, what RPC commands do I use? I've heard it's almost exactly like the bitcoin RPC calls, except bitcoin is PoW.

Q3) I have about 5k CBX in a wallet.dat. How do I move my wallet into my server? Through a FTP client (I'm to lazy to set this up, is there a way to import private keys through RPC?)

Thanks in advance for the help, guys!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:24:48 PM

you cannot run the qt in a vps like that.

you want to follow these instructions::

https://github.com/cryptogenicbonds/CryptoBullion-CBX/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

which will produce something along the lines of 'cryptobulliond' in the folder /src (sorry didnt look at the makefile to double check names)

to list available rpc calls with the daemon started

Code:
./cryptobulliond --help

should list all available calls

the easiest way would be to dump your private key then import to the new wallet install... this should be something like

Code:
./cryptobulliond importprivkey yourkey

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.