Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:27:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-29 Alex Jones "One of the inventors of Bitcoin wants to come on"  (Read 5133 times)
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:58:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-P2I5tjDiI&t=14m30s

Bitcoins explode.  One of the inventors of Bitcoin wants to come on the show.  We probably need to get him on.

So, which one of you is it?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:03:57 PM

Bla bla, nah!
I left them a constructive comment about there being 0 inventors of Bitcoin available for interviews.
Though I told them they could invite Gavin Andresen to the show, but I also linked to Jason Calacanis show interviewing Gavin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNfBgwbqng
"- Startups : Gavin Andresen and Amir Taaki, Bitcoin"

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:17:12 PM

Bla bla, nah!
I left them a constructive comment about there being 0 inventors of Bitcoin available for interviews.
Though I told them they could invite Gavin Andresen to the show, but I also linked to Jason Calacanis show interviewing Gavin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNfBgwbqng

And if Gavin has an ounce of sense, he'll pass.
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:01:38 PM

Bla bla, nah!

Why is that exactly? Because, you think he (Alex) is a raging lunatic? He has a huge following of people who hate the current fiat system as much as any of us. It would be a very nice promo for the Bitcoin as Gavin is very articulate and it definitely would bring more interest. 
Rothgar

Activity: 374

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 05:06:59 PM

Bla bla, nah!

Yes, don't do it Gavin!!

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:12:07 PM

100% going to be Amir Taaki again.

Not even joking.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:01:27 PM

he's already said he thinks Max is Satoshi.
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:04:50 PM

Of the guys in our little community who often speak to the press:

Gavin... I can't see doing a great job here, unfortunately. I think Gavin is great for normal and more technical discussions about Bitcoin, don't get me wrong, but I'm not positive he could handle Alex Jones' antics (not that anyone would want to, anyway).

Just off the top of my head, Roger Ver is also very good, but sometimes a little heavy on the enthusiastic side, just a little. Thus his phrasings may come off as a little biased and excited at times, rather than neutral and informative. He's great, nonetheless; always enjoy his interviews.

Amir... Taaki, is the guy I want talking about Bitcoin to my friends at a bar. Honestly, I don't think he would be the best choice to speak in a room full of older folks like my parents and their friends from the country club. Though, I'd like to meet Taaki at a bar one day and buy him a beer, just for seeming like a cool guy.

That said, I hope he invites Matonis.

I think Jon has an impressive ability to form exactly the right sentences, and believe he would respond calmly against any of Alex Jones' melodramatic arguments; being in a similar field, he would know what to expect and wouldn't be caught off guard, either. Honestly, I think he should do every freakin interview ever.

That's my bias.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:05:12 PM

(Alex) is a raging lunatic?

Yes. And he never offers solutions. His only commodities are fear and advertising.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:35:23 PM

Alex is an insane talking head, just like any other talking head on Fox News and NBC, except the audience are libertarians.

Remember, beware talking head that is always sure that they're right and never actually put their mouth where the money are.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:39:11 PM

Of the guys in our little community who often speak to the press:

Gavin... I can't see doing a great job here, unfortunately. I think Gavin is great for normal and more technical discussions about Bitcoin, don't get me wrong, but I'm not positive he could handle Alex Jones' antics (not that anyone would want to, anyway).

Just off the top of my head, Roger Ver is also very good, but sometimes a little heavy on the enthusiastic side, just a little. Thus his phrasings may come off as a little biased and excited at times, rather than neutral and informative. He's great, nonetheless; always enjoy his interviews.

Amir... Taaki, is the guy I want talking about Bitcoin to my friends at a bar. Honestly, I don't think he would be the best choice to speak in a room full of older folks like my parents and their friends from the country club. Though, I'd like to meet Taaki at a bar one day and buy him a beer, just for seeming like a cool guy.

That said, I hope he invites Matonis.

I think Jon has an impressive ability to form exactly the right sentences, and believe he would respond calmly against any of Alex Jones' melodramatic arguments; being in a similar field, he would know what to expect and wouldn't be caught off guard, either. Honestly, I think he should do every freakin interview ever.

That's my bias.

I agree. Jon would be good. Erik would also... Maybe even more so with someone like "1776 will commence again!" Jones.
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:21:01 AM

Let's not forget yoyoceramic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKGVDmJWa0

The man is a machine.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:21:32 AM

I love his answer to the question about recourse for Merchants not providing their service/product after receiving payment @ 19:20.
lettucebee

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:58:53 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2013, 01:44:22 PM by lettucebee

Alex Jones' job is to attract those who describe themselves as "patriots"--particularly the white and uneducated segment--and keep them in a state of fear (and sell shit to them).  This is a dangerous and unpredictable crowd for the Establishment to manage and it is important that their opinions be created for them as much as possible so that they all be thinking alike.  Leaders will be given to them to deflect and redirect any of their dangerous impulses toward thoughts and actions that will be ineffective.

Google this: alex jones interrupts rally

There you will see Jones approach a peaceful gun rally in Austin and single-handedly destroy it.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 01:11:52 PM

I agree with an earlier posting - Jon Matonis or Erik would be my first choices to hit Alex Jones in the mouth with science.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:49:23 PM

Only Nixon could go to China. Only Keiser can go to Jones.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: