Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] Old accounts coming back !  (Read 288 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 05:27:58 PM

I didn't feel like making this thread until I've seen several threads saying that old members are connecting into their accounts which seem unrealistic for multiple accounts to connect into same period of time.

There is nothing to be worried about If you changed your password after 2015 (when the hack happened), according to Cointelegraph this username:password dump is being sold in the Darknet (contains more then 500,000) : https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcointalkorg-database-with-500k-accounts-is-being-sold-on-the-dark-web

Those old users who are connecting (after years of inactivity) will probably try to scam you (even high ranked members)  so my recommendations are to check the post history when you are going to trade (to see when the last time he posted) - this is valid for giving loans as well. I'm assuming that these users are trying to get what they spent  on the database dump + profit by scamming users.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████