Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 16968 times)
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:20:46 AM

I hardly think so. I'm not gambling at all. Back then, I used to spend a lot of time in front of my computer just gambling and then I realized that I'm giving my time less value by spending it on nonsense. Gambling is nonsense to me. It's not giving me money and at the same time it's just giving me momentarily happiness. After winning, you're glad for only a couple of seconds and then you're constantly upset once again about losing.
What you did is an excessive gambling, of course that is not good but in general gambling is not really a waste of time, it always depend on how a certain user are managing himself. If you are responsible there will be no problem with gambling and I assure you that you will have fun with what you are doing.
I agree with you dude. I also spent excessive time wih poker back then and more than the winnings, the relief from stress and enjoyment it gave me made it really worth my time. Though there will come a point especially when you're growing old when you'll realize that there really are more things worthy of your time than gambling. So in general, i can say i was previously fond of gambling but not the addicted type

Yes, when one became matured, you learned to control your emotions and think other priority before playing. But when you are younger, you just play as if their is no tomorrow. I myself experience this, but again as we grow older, we realized that is no longer worth to play or be addictive to it, because their are other things in life worth spending for.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:00:42 PM

I hardly think so. I'm not gambling at all. Back then, I used to spend a lot of time in front of my computer just gambling and then I realized that I'm giving my time less value by spending it on nonsense. Gambling is nonsense to me. It's not giving me money and at the same time it's just giving me momentarily happiness. After winning, you're glad for only a couple of seconds and then you're constantly upset once again about losing.
What you did is an excessive gambling, of course that is not good but in general gambling is not really a waste of time, it always depend on how a certain user are managing himself. If you are responsible there will be no problem with gambling and I assure you that you will have fun with what you are doing.
I agree with you dude. I also spent excessive time wih poker back then and more than the winnings, the relief from stress and enjoyment it gave me made it really worth my time. Though there will come a point especially when you're growing old when you'll realize that there really are more things worthy of your time than gambling. So in general, i can say i was previously fond of gambling but not the addicted type

Yes, when one became matured, you learned to control your emotions and think other priority before playing. But when you are younger, you just play as if their is no tomorrow. I myself experience this, but again as we grow older, we realized that is no longer worth to play or be addictive to it, because their are other things in life worth spending for.

Yeah, you do have a point but even though we do have control on our emotions, still it is not enough or can't assure ourselves that we can't lose too much on gambling. But as we grow and as we experience too much in gambling we do realized that gambling is not worth to be a business or a way where we could earn money. Because instead we earn money we are losing and that is very annoying.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:08:59 PM

I think people who are addicted to gambling would not admit that he was addicted to gambling. people can only judge, because everyone feels that they can control themselves in that regard. for myself I am not addicted to gambling, but I do not know what people think about me

Nah, i'm admited that i'm addicted in gambling and i keep gambling even i already so much money and bitcoins on it. It's really hard to quit on gambling if you already lose so much money on it, you will keep coming back on gambling because your target is want to get back your loses.

It is difficult once the gambling has got into ones system and it is tough to get over it. If one does not want to stop their own self - then no one can force them to do it. It is possible and not difficult for them - the only difficulty is the fact that addicts dont want to accept the fact that they are addicted - its hits their ego and they feel angry. One must get over it if they wish to improve conditions of life.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:32:29 PM

I don't addicted to gambling because i know hot to manage my self in gamble i have a strategy on gambling. But i think many people get addicted on gambling they don't know to their self that they are already addicted. Many become addicted because don't know to manage their feelings they think that they will happy because it only a fun. In gambling there are many disadvantages have face like for example suffer from depression, stress, anxiety and also changing the moods and behavior its difficult to move when your addicted already.

It is true, mostly gambler are addicted and they have a problems like as you mentions, but surprisingly in this thread mostly gamblers have deny to say that they are addicted in gambling. If it is true than it is good but in reality i always met with addicted gamblers also my brother he is a lot of addiction of gambling, even he has destroy his career and it is very painful and lesson-able thing for me.         
i think addiction is not a problem, because some time we become addicted to Coffee, cigarette and even to drinking but i think in most of the cases we are leading normal life, in fact the real problem is your behavior along with you addiction,  for example you are addicted to gambling and you have a fixed amount of money for which you play gambling and when you lose such amount of money then you stop gambling in such cases there s nothing wrong to become addicted but if you are losing everything in gambling then it is wrong and more risky.

And you know a addicted gambler have no sense to use fixed amount in gambling, that's why he is playing every bet without thinking and because of addiction than how can we say that it is not a problem. And as you said mostly people have addiction of Coffee, Cigarette and drinking in these things belong to eat not to earn money and gain money. Only in gambling, we are always greedy to do bet and earn money.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:01:08 PM

I admit Ive been addicted into gambling way back last year. I cant stop playing into it that I always wanted to play and aiming to win the game. I already experience of winning but sadly suffered loses. So, I just realized I had to stop because of  addiction and depressed of loses.
aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:56:49 PM

I think not yet. Sometimes i gamble and that too briefly, i gamble online dice. Because if i gamble too long it will lead to lose. Because concentration begins to diminish with increasing of greedy lust.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:11:20 PM

I think not yet. Sometimes i gamble and that too briefly, i gamble online dice. Because if i gamble too long it will lead to lose. Because concentration begins to diminish with increasing of greedy lust.

That is a good thing that you are not yet addicted to gambling.  Please make sure the you keep yourself on check and always keep on control.  Do not let greed  overcome you or pleasure to take the drives seat or else you will end up just like anyone else who lose their control and become addicted to gambling.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:20:51 PM

Mate don't mind me calling it but gambling is actually a waste of time only and nothing else, calling gambling a way of having fun is nothing but fooling your own self. No one in this world is rich enough to loose his money for fun, not even a single damn person.

Basically if a guy is loosing money and calling it fun, he is either mad or addicted.
raymond541

Activity: 821
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:13:32 PM

addicted word will be used for when a player will play continuous on gambling and he can not left until lose all of his money and wealth.I saw few people play gambling for fun.they lose how much they can effort and they are happy to play gambling.I play sometimes gambling I invest on gambling how much I can effort.have play and fun Grin
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:18:21 PM

Control is what you are talking here and I agree that control is the basic need for a gambler if they want to avoid addiction. Control over your emotions, control over your actions and control over your greed is what you need and yes as you said, with age all these factors gets matured and we are able to manage all of them much better.

That's why gambling sites don't allow people under 18 to gamble cause they are too sensitive and might be addicted.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

That is a good thing that you are not yet addicted to gambling.  Please make sure the you keep yourself on check and always keep on control.  Do not let greed  overcome you or pleasure to take the drives seat or else you will end up just like anyone else who lose their control and become addicted to gambling.

I hope that you wont be addicted as well, I have suffered from my addiction and I dont want to see someone else suffer from this. I have lose alot and from my experience people can learn that gambling is not for everyone to win. It is only for fun and when we can have fun than that would be very great
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:05:02 PM

We cannot question him about how frequent he did an excessive gambling, and all we have to do is to advice him to be within control the next time he do gambling, and not like those situations happened. All those excuses that had been said was only the resuls of what he did which I think being managed at a certain level. Gambling can only be a waste of time if you have been lossing a lot on your bets but if you only invested small amount of money, just like playing games at the arcade; I think it's only a good type of recreational activity.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:47:02 PM

I hope that you wont be addicted as well, I have suffered from my addiction and I dont want to see someone else suffer from this. I have lose alot and from my experience people can learn that gambling is not for everyone to win. It is only for fun and when we can have fun than that would be very great

If you can control your greed and think responsibly before betting you can easily control your gambling addiction and make sure not to waste money on gambling. It is important to stop playing once a while in order to bank some profits. Dont get into the false sense of being the biggest winner with the luckiest bets. You will end up losing more than you can afford.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:30:02 PM

I admit Ive been addicted into gambling way back last year. I cant stop playing into it that I always wanted to play and aiming to win the game. I already experience of winning but sadly suffered loses. So, I just realized I had to stop because of  addiction and depressed of loses.
What did you do to make you realized to quit gambling or to stop playing gambling for good? But when playing gambling you always get happy nor nervous of playing it however if you won most of the time you will excite your self more to play another round till lose every thing also maybe you push your self too much to play gambling that is why you already lose your confident to play gambling anymiore.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:49:26 PM

What did you do to make you realized to quit gambling or to stop playing gambling for good? But when playing gambling you always get happy nor nervous of playing it however if you won most of the time you will excite your self more to play another round till lose every thing also maybe you push your self too much to play gambling that is why you already lose your confident to play gambling anymiore.
That's why you should limit yourself while gambling. Set a threshold, after reaching the threshold for that day, stop, just stop gambling. Doesn't matter if you lost or won. Just don't gamble for that day. This way you can stop playing for another round. When you feel like playing more, focus on something else.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:23:06 PM

That's why you should limit yourself while gambling. Set a threshold, after reaching the threshold for that day, stop, just stop gambling. Doesn't matter if you lost or won. Just don't gamble for that day. This way you can stop playing for another round. When you feel like playing more, focus on something else.
Yes. This is also what I do. Regardless if I win or lose I always set an amount of money when I gamble. Then I stop. Controlling yourself will help you stop being addictive in gambling. It will still be your choice in the end.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:29:18 PM

Yes. This is also what I do. Regardless if I win or lose I always set an amount of money when I gamble. Then I stop. Controlling yourself will help you stop being addictive in gambling. It will still be your choice in the end.

That is a good way to control greed and that would help you have some way to compute your losses and wins. This can prevent us also from getting addicted and losing all our money. If you don't do this, expect that you'll lose money by the end of the day. The primary consideration here though is that you have to follow your own rules.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:16:36 PM

Yes that the one thing that is good to avoid too much addiction. Set a set point or a limit, follow that limit, if you are getting tempted always remember that it is better to do that than to lose all of your money. Just stay focus on the game. Addiction mah leads you to bankrupt. Always remember that thing buddy.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:44:44 PM

to me i myself addicted to gambling, because it has now become very difficult for me to stop gambling, even i cannot miss a single day of playing gambling, but i think it is not such a big issue. i am not really suffering from it. in fact i play gambling with planning and in a limit which really prevent me from a big lost. so if you also make a good strategy for your gambling the you can also enjoy gambling and will never feel it as burden.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:29:21 PM

Yes that the one thing that is good to avoid too much addiction. Set a set point or a limit, follow that limit, if you are getting tempted always remember that it is better to do that than to lose all of your money. Just stay focus on the game. Addiction mah leads you to bankrupt. Always remember that thing buddy.
but in gambling most of the time our planing and strategy do not work, and that is all because of addiction, we want to make money from gambling and for every time we have more expectation from gambling even if we are losing money, still we try to convince ourselves that we can still make money from gambling if we invest more and continue and therefore for most of the time we ignore our limit and continue playing gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: