Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think this will be healthy for your community?  (Read 1079 times)
cointrepreneur (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:01:24 AM

How many posts are needed to no longer be a 'newbie'?  I had read this forum for quite a while and had recently made some posts in other areas. Are you concerned that alienating people might not be good for the long term health of your community?

It would be unfortunate if good people who could make significant contributions will be put off by this policy change.

Have the 'newbies' been rustled up and put into a pen where non-newbies will rarely ever reply to them, and so they are unlikely to be part of conversations that would give them an authentic chance to become full members?

Are you trying to create an incentive for people to make a lot of posts that have little content?

I apologize if my questions are out of place in this part of the forum, I would have been part of the discussion about this policy change had I seen one.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:05:49 AM

The sticky should ease your mind:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=15958.0

Slowpok3

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:52:53 AM

It really sucks for me because I've been around for a while, it's just that I never log in and rarely posted...
Alik

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:00:57 AM

Poor us Sad
darkgamer

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:54:12 AM

It kind of sucks if you have been around for a while and know how things work. However I can see the need for it, it reduces spam and trolling. I don't think it will alienate because it's a pretty low requirement. It should make people want to interact more and provide a place for the real beginners given time.
vegasbitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:11:02 AM

I run a forum, and I understand why they do this. It also pushes you to write good content. If you don't write good content then will why should you be here? Just a thought.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:53:38 AM

If you don't write good content then will why should you be here?

To read good content? Smiley

cointrepreneur (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:58:19 PM

I run a forum, and I understand why they do this. It also pushes you to write good content. If you don't write good content then will why should you be here? Just a thought.

Out of curiosity, how do you see it pushing you to write good content? (note: by answering my question it gives you another post, and one step closer to getting out of here. Smiley )

Bear

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:19:28 PM

I'm also in the "been here for awhile but still stuck in the newbie forum" boat.  Oh well--a five post minimum shouldn't be too difficult.
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:24:26 PM

5 posts seem like resonable limit. Still other limitations could have been more useful like 6h-24h age on account and lock from making new threads before certain post count reached...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
cointrepreneur (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:50:05 PM

Shortly after beginning this thread I was elevated to the level of a Jr. Member (a proud moment indeed).  But I will not forget my roots. You can be sure that I will check this board often so that others may get their posts. Though I may one day dream of posting with the Heroes on the boards of Valhalla, I know where I came from.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: