Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:40:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I do wrong or right ?  (Read 4804 times)
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:24:33 PM

I sold almost all my coins today for about 200 USD (that's what I had in my electrum wallet) and have very few coins sitting on my hardware wallet. I want to build a medium-high end gaming PC and this money is need for me to buy it. Did I do wrong that I sold a high amount of bitcoins about 0.35 to achieve my goal ? I am also happy that I am near fulfilling my goal but also sad as maybe the price of bitcoin skyrockets soon after I did this.

What ever I am the person who wants to achieve my goals no matter the cost so f it whatever the case with the price of bitcoin.

Only time will tell if you did wrong, but if you ask me it is a good idea because if you need something the current price seem to be a good price to sell. Sure you may miss out 20/30 dollar if the prices goes back to 650 but perhaps you find a deal where you save 50 dollar on your purchase.

Either way don't feel bad about it, and enjoy your gaming pc.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:28:26 PM

I think you have exactly the wrong timing at the moment.. Bitcoin is still in a longterm uptrend and hasn't broken through the lower resistance consistently to break the uptrend. I expect the price to start going towards 700-800 again in the coming months.

It won't be as bad as some of the examples here where stuff was bought with bitcoin at 200usd, bit it may still hurt you in the end.

On the other hand, if you need the cash, you need the cash and you should stand behind your decision.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:29:32 PM

Personally, I don't think you made a mistake at all.
If you want to build this PC, and needed the money, go ahead and do it!
You only live once in this life. Build your computer, and enjoy the time you have with it!
Even if bitcoin doubled, how much would you lose? A couple hundred dollars?
Your time and enjoyment are worth more than that IMO.  Grin
If you are worried about Bitcoin going up, save some money, and buy some more coin.

pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:52:47 PM

I sold almost all my coins today for about 200 USD (that's what I had in my electrum wallet) and have very few coins sitting on my hardware wallet. I want to build a medium-high end gaming PC and this money is need for me to buy it. Did I do wrong that I sold a high amount of bitcoins about 0.35 to achieve my goal ? I am also happy that I am near fulfilling my goal but also sad as maybe the price of bitcoin skyrockets soon after I did this.

What ever I am the person who wants to achieve my goals no matter the cost so f it whatever the case with the price of bitcoin.
The bitcoin market price wasn't $200 on September 12th. Did you get $200 per coin or $200 for everything?

I think what you did is right as long as you can buy back before the bitcoin market price goes up.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 03:31:04 PM

The bitcoin market price wasn't $200 on September 12th. Did you get $200 per coin or $200 for everything?

I think what you did is right as long as you can buy back before the bitcoin market price goes up.

I think that it is clearly stated that he sold all his bitcoin worth $200 or 0.35 BTC.  And as long as you sold your coin with  purpose then it is not wasted.  i believe that the  best time to sell an item is the time where you needed the money most.  No one can say that you made a bad choice because one thing for sure, they will never lend you the money you needed in  building your PC.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:39:04 PM

if you need money to buy something ASAP then it is fine to sell your BTC at any price IMO.
Don't beat yourself up over it with thought that if you waited then maybe price would be 2x higher or something.
Believe me, it is not worth it. I experienced that too, when my SDD broke and I needed a replacement.

At least you should consider what you are buying when you use your coins. If you are just spending your coins on silly items, then you should reconsider. But if you are spending it on important items like food or parts for your projects that could earn more money, then spending your bitcoins is worth it.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:13:37 PM

As you spent your bitcoins in some needed goods, there is no reason to regret it actually. The price will increase surely in the next few months , but you can collect again bitcoins and hold it for this goal
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:43:32 PM

I think you re right, because you used Bitcoin as real currency and bought the pc when you need it with bitcoins, and thats why we need money and bitcoins in fact
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1024

Bitcointalk Username: Ayers Bsc Wallet Address: 0x

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:22:37 PM

yes you did because selling now is a very bad idea, never sell when after a dump there is a long stagnation phase, i think it indicate a pump that is incoming, sell only after a pump is almost done, and it's hard to know yes but you can usually tell if after the dump that will happen

DashCoinDark

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:41:09 PM

I think that you did a bit wrong because I know for sure that if you waited a bit a longer that you would be able to make more money.
But it does not really matter because if you were able to make a profit that is good enough.
BitAurum

Activity: 318

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:06:06 PM

IMO, You did the right thing by following your goals.

Following your goals and dreams is worth much more than money.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:14:14 PM

I think you are wrong. if it is your last bitcoin, but you have a desire to buy something. I think you need a little patience to wait for prices to rise, or better to take the risk by growing it. because when you can grow it more is better, so you will not regret it, has sold everything and did not have any more.

If anything why not do both lol.

Split the .5 btc and let the other rise for when it does make a bit of profit - and still be back in the game its what I would be doing.. but we cant really dictate price obviously.

if it can do both good. but you can see the case of the OP, he had bitcoin is not too much, while he wants to build gaming PC which of course it requires greater funding. so the best option is to wait to grow it or wait for prices to rise. so he has a lot of money. if not patient, maybe it will be something less to build a gaming pc.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:43:35 PM

yes you did because selling now is a very bad idea, never sell when after a dump there is a long stagnation phase, i think it indicate a pump that is incoming, sell only after a pump is almost done, and it's hard to know yes but you can usually tell if after the dump that will happen

Yup op should not sell the bitcoins now because as per many speculations You have need to hold some bitcoins every month and put it into your wallet and you sell that after 5 or 10 years.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:23:49 PM

But the problem is you can never tell when the dump and when the pump of bitcoin will happen.  This is one of the problem of investors, looking for the great timing to sell their coins. As of now there is not much movement of bitcoin in terms of dump and pump.  Would he wait for another year to build his rig just to ride and sell at the near  peak pump?  And  how can you tell  that next year there will be a pump?  As long as the person is satisfied to what he bought with his bitcoin, it never a bad decision.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:32:32 PM

Well I wouldn't worry to much because you have hold these bitcoins to spend one day which has come in your life in something useful.

If you have sold yesterday then today the price has changed (-$30) so I think you were pretty lucky selling at a higher rate, money is to be spared to spend later, but if you are bitcoin addicted then you soon will buy bitcoin for sure.

Correct, we should  not only worry on the negative side that bitcoin might  increase its price tomorrow  there still had the chance that you sold them at a exact time since bitcoins price is unpredictable it might rise or go low. As long you bought something useful with your bitcoin its always a good thing after all.

It is good until we see that the bitcoin price is not the same anymore, what if the price doubles after a month

And you say if I had the bitcoins now I could buy 2x what I bought before. We haven't heard from smho_16 yet so lets see what decision he made.
BitAurum

Activity: 318

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:44:40 PM

Yup op should not sell the bitcoins now because as per many speculations You have need to hold some bitcoins every month and put it into your wallet and you sell that after 5 or 10 years.
IMO, I would not consider that to be a wise idea.

Waiting 5 or 10 years to be able to follow your dreams/goals kills motivation.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:03:42 PM

It's probably never a good idea to sell all your bitcoin.

The price could skyrocket at any time when adoption gets higher, and you might regret that you ever spend them.

groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:40:02 AM

The reason or purpose why we are working with bitcoins is to buy things that we want.  Plus I see that your main purpose is to buy a pc and you fulfilled your goal.  Though you are right that maybe you should keep it and wait for its price to go up but still it have serve its purpose.  And since your reason for upgrading or buying pc is to build a high end gaming PC which your real purpose then you have succeeded.  And I do not see any reason to worry besides you have achieved your goal.
rektDude

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:09:07 AM

No I don't think so. You've used it for your fun and happiness and remember it's a digital currency not a real one If you think about bitcoins price will go high in future and keep holding it it's worthless because money you've in your hand today worth more than in you'll have it in future.
I dont thinkt you where very right but not also wrong because there are allot of wrong persons on the world and i dont thjink they like to change because it is who they are!
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 815

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:14:18 AM

No I don't think so. You've used it for your fun and happiness and remember it's a digital currency not a real one If you think about bitcoins price will go high in future and keep holding it it's worthless because money you've in your hand today worth more than in you'll have it in future.
I dont thinkt you where very right but not also wrong because there are allot of wrong persons on the world and i dont thjink they like to change because it is who they are!

And for that situation i don't care really about selling and buying at the right times since i believe upon every selling time of bitcoin is the right times is goof since your decision to sell it is good so you can have money to be used for good, and flactuation of coins are normal and if price will really go up well let it be, it is our decision to sell our coin and there's no wrong for that doing since we are here usinh bitcoin just intend to earn not to make it as display cosmetics.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: