Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I’ve been working in Bitcoin industry for 3 years and here’s why you should NOT  (Read 1320 times)
18RATTT (OP)

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:12:58 AM

My first personal article, be gentle guys Wink

https://medium.com/@tiyo/ive-been-working-in-bitcoin-industry-for-3-years-and-here-s-why-you-should-not-own-bitcoin-56998fa1ab73

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:24:58 AM

Nice experience and article you have been explaining about risk on bitcoin, for me it is not becoming problem because i always make investment in bitcoin with low amount and i am ready for lost it.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:34:08 AM

Nice experience and article you have been explaining about risk on bitcoin, for me it is not becoming problem because i always make investment in bitcoin with low amount and i am ready for lost it.
Maybe it is not a problem for you, but it is a problem for a lot of people as they invest quite a lot of money into Bitcoin. I personally don't, but the price fluctuation is quite scary.
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 10:44:51 AM

Nice article. I like the tongue-in-cheek-ness of it, but I do have a question.

If you are going to die soon, you should definitely not own bitcoin. Because bitcoin is the currency of the future.
Why not? I mean, if one is going to doe soon, I think having bitcoin is the way to go so that their next of kin would be introduced to bitcoin (via last will & testament or something)
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:45:23 AM

Maybe it is not a problem for you, but it is a problem for a lot of people as they invest quite a lot of money into Bitcoin. I personally don't, but the price fluctuation is quite scary.
Well. That is part of risk on instrument of investments and i think it is not in bitcoin only, we just need managing the risk on investing. And fluctuation bitcoin or another cryptos coins, it is chance for buy low.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:50:37 AM

Nice article. I like the tongue-in-cheek-ness of it, but I do have a question.

If you are going to die soon, you should definitely not own bitcoin. Because bitcoin is the currency of the future.
Why not? I mean, if one is going to doe soon, I think having bitcoin is the way to go so that their next of kin would be introduced to bitcoin (via last will & testament or something)
That's is a wrong sentence because we are already having bitcoin in this time, maybe need for getting a correcting for that but I think at the first time of bitcoin is born the human as the creator is already having the bitcoin, but this sentence very need a correcting for becoming a good sentence and can't make the another people is having a wrong perception about that.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 11:03:11 AM

Well we know the fluctuate is not stable anytime the price can be crash but we know the potencial of bitcoin this article is one of the good motivation for those who are working from the past for bitcoin and until now they are holding. im just newbie about bitcoin but i am planning to start my own business with bitcoin and i hope bitcoin will stay and continues to increase the value in the future.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:04:29 AM

its a fantastic article, i was blown away by the sentence, its a fantastic way to ask people to join bitcoin community, as you say bitcoin is the future currency, more user and more popular is going to bring bitcoin price higher, and the user should know that using bitcoin to do negative thing is going to ruin bitcoin and people whose living is depend on it

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 11:15:01 AM

Good article m8. Kind a funny and has key aspects of bitcoin mentioned.
IMO you almost got carried away with gif's Smiley some people are on the budget with their bandwidth, ya now? Wink 
But the last paragraph is a bit poor in information, got me wonder...
Why do you think bitcoin is a bad idea in case of money laundering?
Is it the blockchain/see-through feature or something else that makes it a bad option
for this kind of activity?     

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:13:27 PM

Good article m8. Kind a funny and has key aspects of bitcoin mentioned.
IMO you almost got carried away with gif's Smiley some people are on the budget with their bandwidth, ya now? Wink 
But the last paragraph is a bit poor in information, got me wonder...
Why do you think bitcoin is a bad idea in case of money laundering?
Is it the blockchain/see-through feature or something else that makes it a bad option
for this kind of activity?     

If you send your bitcoins through a mixer they cannot do anything about it, so imagine when they had confidential transaction and mimblewimble and stuff like that, it will be impossible to track bitcoins, so this is not a problem for the people want to hide money. Is it ethically correct? No, but depends on the context.
septian44

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:50:54 PM

problem for a lot of people as they invest quite a lot of money into Bitcoin,the risk they are willing to invest bitcoin live in a world not everyone is happy,in investment gains and losses are already a pair in invest,if everyone would take advantage and do not want to take risks to invest,only selfish people who think like that.
Ybalevia

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:55:53 PM

HAHa this is something allot of people are telling me and i now why you dont want to be in the bitcoin industry anymore because bitcoins gives you allot of stress and that all just for a coin nha thanks.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:11:17 PM

Nice article since this is your first one. But here are a few things that can makes your bitcoin anonymous.

First use a wallet which can keep a lot of addresses and show them like they are not tied to each other.  Multibit and Ledger Wallet offer such opportunity (Electrum not or you need to tweak it in order to do this)
Second you can use a bitcoin mixer to mix your coins and make them anonymous.

I have learned from experience that if you do such operation than they can never know your real identity. Just don't send to much transactions between your wallets or else you will raise doubts and suspicions.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:38:38 PM

You're a genius ,you made the article looks kinda bad when it's actually talking about how good Bitcoin is. And you also add some jokes in it and also those memes, I think people won't easily get bored while reading it.
Keep up the good work, sir.

faucet used to be profitable
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:35:14 PM

i have been read whole of the article and i think that was interesting and i do like these word You can carry a billion dollars worth of Bitcoin on a memory stick in your pocket. Imagine doing that with cash or even gold and very agree with those statement because only bitcoin could do that
18RATTT (OP)

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:37:13 PM

You're a genius ,you made the article looks kinda bad when it's actually talking about how good Bitcoin is. And you also add some jokes in it and also those memes, I think people won't easily get bored while reading it.
Keep up the good work, sir.
cheers, appreciate the compliment

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 03:54:27 PM

The article is not really my thing, though I thought it was pretty funny and it wasn't what I expected when I read the title, but I didn't feel like I really got something out of it after I read it. 
Now, why I didn't really like it, the article reads like something you'd see on Buzzfeed, I personally prefer in depth articles that are more serious and really teach me something new or offer a different perspective on issues that I think I'm familiar with.

But don't let this discourage you, it's just my personal preference.
I've seen some honest responses in this thread and most people do like it, so I hope you don't feel too bad about my criticism.

I hope I was gentle enough Wink

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:17:58 PM

Very good, i enjoyed that read  Grin  some good videos in there also
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:41:22 PM

The article looks good.
I also like the picture of Bitcoin on the flag on the moon.   Smiley
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:51:20 PM

well honestly by reading the topic of this thread the op was trying to explain his hateness for bitcoin and so e will say why we should not use bitcoin but when i opened the link he has just showed all the advantages  Grin good work op changes my point of view

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: