Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:24:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying/selling  (Read 508 times)
bobblahblah (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

A few questions:

o How do you generally see sellers who are selling goods/services react to the value fluctuations of Bitcoins? That is, are sellers regularly adjusting their Bitcoin prices to reflect the (recently) rapidly fluctuating price?

o Do people typically negotiate prices in US$ and then determine how much the transaction will be in BTC?

MegatonWarrior

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:27:35 PM

Alot of vendors use the weighted avg on Mt Gox.  Bitmit uses this I believe.  If buying and selling on this forum for example, the amount of bitcoins is negotiated; sometimes based on a timestamp to lock in an exchange rate.

Not sure how BitPay handles exchange rate risk for vendors who want to transact in btc but do not want the FX risk.  I would assume they use the same FX rate if the vendor takes this option.
bobblahblah (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:26:48 PM

Thanks for your answer.

It seems to me like the current lack of bitcoins as "stable money" would freak out some folks who would otherwise be more curious to experiment with accepting bitcoin as a form of payment, no?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: