Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:05:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] Monero = Silk Road Coin NOW !  (Read 2187 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:22:32 PM

Who wants to be a part of or associated with DarkMarket activity ?
Involved with Monero ?
Then you are NOW...

Things took a turn and have changed with the recent news they accept XMR now.

Me ? I would distancing myself from some coin used by meth dealers, terrorists & pedophiles etc.

Consider your actions carefully people..
i am sure the US 3 letter agencies have taken an interest in XMR now.
Does this sound appealing to you ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:53:49 AM

That's what crypto is for, in the end, no ?  To bring down state and law. Otherwise, I don't see its purpose.  So I can only applaud this...

Freedom of trade.  Like freedom of speech.  The two pillars of real freedom, taken away by state and law, taking it back to people.  The real aim of crypto: a new French Revolution in the making, that started with Galileo and Newton (the first distributed organisation, science, that brought down the pillar of the Ancien Regime: religion and King by the grace of God).
It took centuries.  But it got there.

The Silk Roads of today, with "forbidden trade" are like the books of Galileo 4 centuries ago, with "forbidden thinking".  And yes, both got condemned severely by law and justice.   
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 10:11:40 AM

That's what crypto is for, in the end, no ?  To bring down state and law. Otherwise, I don't see its purpose.  So I can only applaud this...

Freedom of trade.  Like freedom of speech.  The two pillars of real freedom, taken away by state and law, taking it back to people.  The real aim of crypto: a new French Revolution in the making, that started with Galileo and Newton (the first distributed organisation, science, that brought down the pillar of the Ancien Regime: religion and King by the grace of God).
It took centuries.  But it got there.

The Silk Roads of today, with "forbidden trade" are like the books of Galileo 4 centuries ago, with "forbidden thinking".  And yes, both got condemned severely by law and justice.   

Well said I agree with this. I thought it was Bitcoin that was gonna save us.. Looks like it's monero and maybe aeon.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 10:32:11 AM

WOW Dino it takes a lot for me to be shocked but..

You said..

That's what crypto is for, in the end, no ?  To bring down state and law.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.. holy shit i am stunned !  Shocked

I just don't even know what to say LOL
Seriously i am utterly fucking flabbergasted.

dinofelis

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:05:52 PM

WOW Dino it takes a lot for me to be shocked but..

You said..

That's what crypto is for, in the end, no ?  To bring down state and law.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.. holy shit i am stunned !  Shocked

I just don't even know what to say LOL
Seriously i am utterly fucking flabbergasted.

That must have been the same reaction a normal person must have had in the middle ages when he asked "what is all that philosophy and science for ?" and someone answered "to bring down state religion and kings and freedom of inquiry to people".
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:10:26 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 12:54:17 PM by BitcoinHodler

I don't think traders care much about any of these. As long as the volume is high and Monero is being pumped they will join in and enjoy the profit to the max. And i don't know if you realize this but you are (un)intentionally  advertising Monero because we all know what happened when bitcoin entered silk road and dark market (moon).

Not saying the same will happen here too but it was surely effective enough to help the rise to 170% or some crazy percent like that.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
dinofelis

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:10:44 PM

Well said I agree with this. I thought it was Bitcoin that was gonna save us.. Looks like it's monero and maybe aeon.

It will be a long road from burning of Giordano Bruno to the chopping off the head of Louis XVI.  It might take centuries.  
It will not be bitcoin, and probably not monero.  These are just steps.  But clearly, monero is a further step than bitcoin.
There will be contra-reforms, there will be harsh measures against crypto.  But in the end, freedom will prevail.  Like always.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:17:40 PM

In past darkweb sites only accepted bitcoin and now they added monero, so basically if using monero will be crime than it will be same with bitcoin. I don't think US agency even care much about the people who use bitcoin or monero. They will only have an eye when someone related to those marketplace will be exposed, so basically only using monero or bitcoin may not harm ourselves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:25:55 PM

this was considered a selling point for bitcoin for a long time. it's kinda undignified that the same argument used by mainstream assholes is now being used by people in the bitcoin space against xmr.
dinofelis

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:35:34 PM

this was considered a selling point for bitcoin for a long time. it's kinda undignified that the same argument used by mainstream assholes is now being used by people in the bitcoin space against xmr.

Indeed.  Bitcoin has changed.  It went corporate.  
It is the Apple of open source now
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:58:16 PM

well put indeed... seems lots of bitcoiners have become the mainstream-assholes now... wtf...

best regards
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:37:57 PM

10 XMR = 1 BTC

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:39:26 PM

Involved with Monero ?
Then you are NOW...

Me ? I would distancing myself from some coin used by meth dealers, terrorists & pedophiles etc.

yup not sure why ppl think this garbage will last.
sure trade it on exch's but the fact ppl wanna touch it is fucked.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:36:14 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2016, 12:48:20 AM by Spoetnik

@Piston Honda
I would not even put "Silk Road" into a Google search.
What ? I want to be on a watch list ? NO THANKS !

i don't think traders care much about any of these. as long as the volume is high and Monero is being pumped they will join in and enjoy the profit to the max. and i don't know if you realize this but you are (un)intentionally  advertising Monero because we all know what happened when bitcoin entered silk road and dark market (moon).
not saying the same will happen here too but it was surely effective enough to help the rise to 170% or some crazy percent like that.

That is pure 100% bullshit .

and..

this was considered a selling point for bitcoin for a long time.

Read what i said above LOL

ALL people i have talked to about Bitcoin on the street said it was a drugs & guns coin.
A guy i met last year looked at me with disgust when i said i was into Bitcoin.
I had to re-explain to him all about it and he admitted to me he was relieved because..
he thought i was some type of online criminal.. because of admitting my involvement with BTC etc.

I tell ya i have gotten some seriously dirty looks and attitude over it.

Selling point ?

Uhhhh NO morons LOL

You people are stupid blind & delusional beyond fucking comprehension !

Seriously pull your little scammy profiteers heads out of your ass's and see reality already.
Go out on the street and ask people and stop spewing retarded bullshit here.

I posted the SEC Crypto-Currency Investor Fraud Alert warning in the Bitcoin section late last year and you all had the fucking nerve to call it "good news"

No.. dumb fucks those words are not "Congratulations Scammy fucking ponzi-heads"
Even though 100% of you replied to the topic chanting it was "good news"

Ignorant morons.. who you think you're foolin' ?

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:46:35 AM

Involved with Monero ?
Then you are NOW...

yup not sure why ppl think this garbage will last.
sure trade it on exch's but the fact ppl wanna touch it is fucked.

So the US government will sooner of later shut down some dark market and seize a whole bunch of moneroj. Then auction those moneroj via the US Marshals Service. Now when did this happen before with Crypto currency? Ah yes with Bitcoin about 3 years ago. Yours truly took advantage of the US Government seizure of the Silk Road Bitcoins, three years ago to rescue his last remaining funds, CAD, out of MtGox in the form of Bitcoin. Furthermore the US Government saw a significant appreciation in terms of USD of their Bitcoins between seizure and auction sale.

Now here is the interesting question: Will the US Government do better or worse in terms of the capital gain or loss between seizure and auction sale, should a similar situation in the future occur with Monero?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:48:33 AM

My only involvement with Monero was that I opened a web wallet over a year ago and decided against buying any. I have no use for contraband, and definitely wouldn't do anything over the internet if I was. I think I will stay away from Monero. Don't want my computer confiscated.  
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:52:34 AM

My only involvement with Monero was that I opened a web wallet over a year ago and decided against buying any. I have no use for contraband, and definitely wouldn't do anything over the internet if I was. I think I will stay away from Monero. Don't want my computer confiscated.  

I have never had any myself or traded any on an exchange etc.
Better safe than sorry.  Cheesy

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 01:14:38 AM

I have never had any myself or traded any on an exchange etc.
Better safe than sorry.  Cheesy

I would think Polo and Bittrex would try to distance themselves, but I guess they like the profits to be made short term. Couldn't they be held responsible for providing a market for criminals to cash in? Or does the fact that they gather people's information absolve them of any responsibility as long as they turn over the info to the government on demand?
dinofelis

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:51:17 AM

Then what are you doing in crypto in general ?  Or are you just interested in gambling on tokens with other gamblers ?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:20:25 AM

Then what are you doing in crypto in general ?  Or are you just interested in gambling on tokens with other gamblers ?

I really don't care about the supposed anonymity offered by cryptocurrency. I do like the idea that I can transfer value to someone across the globe for a relatively low fee. I also like the idea that I can create coins/tokens by simply running a program on a computing device. Why should the banks and government be the only ones that create money out of thin air?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: