Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-09-14] Mint: Wipro steps up blockchain focus  (Read 1524 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:08:23 AM

Wipro steps up blockchain focus

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/05UolSz1s9taRIdc5tDi5M/Wipro-steps-up-blockchain-focus.html

Wipro Ltd has set up a research facility to develop software applications using blockchain, the technology behind virtual currency Bitcoin.

India’s third largest software firm has partnered with a few start-ups to scale up the business and is in the midst of completing a few so-called pilot projects.

Wipro’s push into building applications using the blockchain technology makes it the third outsourcing firm, after Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), and Infosys Ltd, to embrace the database technology.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:05:50 PM

It is really great news that companies in india are taking interest in blockchain technology.Really an awesome news for bitcoin holders in india. As their future are in good way.Most of engineer go for wipro from various colleges as they dont have that high cuttoff.infact if wipro is taking a step towards digital inovation then soon many company in india will take part in it.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:26:24 AM

I was talking to a colleague of mine working at Intel(not the Indian office). Even they are working on blockchain technologies but only in the financial sector. Does anyone know what kind of projects is Wipro working on ?

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 11:36:12 PM

I was talking to a colleague of mine working at Intel(not the Indian office). Even they are working on blockchain technologies but only in the financial sector. Does anyone know what kind of projects is Wipro working on ?

I doubt if it would be anything other than the financial sector.
It is only in financial services that there is interest in blockchain implementation right now, to cut costs.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:21:11 AM

It is only in financial services that there is interest in blockchain implementation right now, to cut costs.
Thats true, but there are a lot of other uses for the blockchain as well. One example was the voting system that can be implemented using it.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:13:26 AM

Thats true, but there are a lot of other uses for the blockchain as well. One example was the voting system that can be implemented using it.

That might be true if the Company was involved in cutting edge technology.
Our IT companies depend on outsourced work.  Smiley
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 01:24:45 AM

it is a good sign that big software firms are taking the initiative and starts making use of the technology which will give good exposure to the indian market

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀