Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD HD 5770  (Read 955 times)
xXTechmanXx (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:37:13 PM

Hi,

I have a spare HD 5770 from Sapphire and I wanted to do pool Mining with it
but somehow I don't have OpenCL but I installed AMD Stream SDK and all other drivers but
it still doesn't work is there a Workaround?

I wanted to Mine with GUI Miner if someone needs that info to help me Wink

I really hope someone can help me with my problem

Techman

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DigitalDoom

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:41:58 PM

You will have to download the Catalyst driver from AMD. At least I think that's where I got OpenCl (I'm not all that tech savvy). I have the same card and it's working fine.

I was actually just about to post a question about mining with this card when I saw this post.

Was going to go ahead and post my question here, but I won't hijack your thread  Wink
xXTechmanXx (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:46:07 PM

I already downloaded the newest driver for that card but it still doesn't work :S
DigitalDoom

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:00:02 PM

I already downloaded the newest driver for that card but it still doesn't work :S

Man...the AMD cards are a PITA! I've had so much trouble with mine when updating firmware and installing.

I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing you're going to need to uninstall the Catalyst (which isn't easy at all) and then reinstall.

The things are finicky and if you do something out of order, you will never get it working correctly.

Did you install the drivers before inserting the card? If so, I think you'll have to do an uninstall/re-install. The driver must be installed first (if I remember correctly)

There's tons of info around the interwebs that offer guidance in uninstalling. You may want to Google a few searches on proper installation of the card.

What ever you do...do not attempt to uninstall the Catalyst without following a good step-by-step guide! I did that once and it ended in a complete reformat of my HDD.

Sorry I can't offer more. Perhaps someone will give you some better info before you begin uninstall/reinstall....it really is a time consuming pain!
xXTechmanXx (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:40:30 PM

Ok, maybe it's not OpenCL what Iam missing the GUI Miner says that the configuration is wrong and it just doesn't start...

Maybe Mining with Windows XP 32Bits doesn't work?
fbassett

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:39:35 PM

It works fine on Windows XP, I use it, but I found you can only use catalyst 11.7 or earlier.  So uninstall your current driver and install this

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/11/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home&rev=11.7

Don't give up, the people on this forum are all very friendly and help whenever they can
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: