Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANNA] Manna: Universal Basic Income + Blockchain  (Read 26775 times)
TechnoComanche

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:26:24 PM

https://twitter.com/KingofAtroPix/status/964837920111722496

https://sola.ai/posts/YTE1OGR

#URIn

Wink <3

https://twitter.com/KingofAtroPix/status/964838763221389312

TechnoCoManCHE.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DriveChain

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:40:08 PM

Sign with this link: https://www.mannabase.com/?ref=26e5223741

WE both get bonus  Cool
ThinkerSteve

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:31:07 AM

Manna relaunch is going to take GRT to the moon. I decided to sell 1/3 of my investment (against my better judgement) just to create a little liquidity in my portfolio....I know after Manna I am likely going to kick myself in the ass for doing so. The team over at Grantcoin / MannaCurrency is amazing, with a true vision for future success. I have been fortunate enough to personally speak to Brandon Venetta, a team member of Grantcoin, and can honestly say that there is a lot of passion for the future of this coin to be successful. I will hold my remaining 2/3 for quite some time just as most of the users of Grantcoin are doing.

Keep up the great work guys....you are creating positive change in the world...Very glad that I supported this coin, and look forward to continuing to support this team.

Thank you! We're working hard to make this project a success! We've been a couple weeks delayed in the rollout of the new website (now in debugging phase), but we're getting ready to release some things this week such as wallets and whitepaper.

Keep up the great work guys, glad to have been an early supporter and long term Hodler of GrantCoin, can't wait to see what the future holds for us as we merge to Manna

While I'm fairly new to UBI - GrantCoin, now Manna, seems to be head and shoulders above the other UBI efforts. Distribution started today and I'm optimistic that this project will be the future of UBI. Best of luck to the team and all supporters/holders!
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:34:06 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 04:03:16 AM by danspasiva

Hi there, I'm enthusiastic about the idea, but after digging in a little more, I have some concerns about security / development of this project...

• The wallets page does not seem to mention Open Source, GitHub, compiling yourself, etc.  I found the source code on GitHub, but it hasn't been touched for almost a year.
  • The website does not use https, so literally everything users see / download there could be replaced by a MITM effortlessly.
  • The Android wallet is not on Google Play.  Instead it is just an APK file to download from the website (see item above).
  • Did not find GPG keys or digests for the files, so installing any of these is really dangerous (especially for anyone who might have another cryptocurrency on the same system like people here).
  • The Linux binary on the website has no file extension.  Not a big deal, but makes me wonder if anyone has ever downloaded and used it.

I have some questions about the economics / distribution, but need to read & think more.  :-)

I have looked into this coin myself and had these concerns as well as the business model of the coin itself.  The idea is nice and all but i'm not exactly sure how the execution is going to work, perhaps i'm not fully understanding how it all will work.  That being said, I do actually want to see this one succeed because well, the cause seems noble and can actually help some very poor people in their lives.
ThinkerSteve

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:15:30 AM

Hi there, I'm enthusiastic about the idea, but after digging in a little more, I have some concerns about security / development of this project...

• The wallets page does not seem to mention Open Source, GitHub, compiling yourself, etc.  I found the source code on GitHub, but it hasn't been touched for almost a year.
  • The website does not use https, so literally everything users see / download there could be replaced by a MITM effortlessly.
  • The Android wallet is not on Google Play.  Instead it is just an APK file to download from the website (see item above).
  • Did not find GPG keys or digests for the files, so installing any of these is really dangerous (especially for anyone who might have another cryptocurrency on the same system like people here).
  • The Linux binary on the website has no file extension.  Not a big deal, but makes me wonder if anyone has ever downloaded and used it.

I have some questions about the economics / distribution, but need to read & think more.  :-)

I have looked into this coin myself and had these concerns as well as the business model of the coin itself.  The idea is nice and all but i'm not exactly sure how the execution is going to work, perhaps i'm not fully understanding how it all will work.  That being said, I do actually want to see this one succeed because well, the cause seems noble and can actually help some very poor people in their lives.

The economics and distribution of UBI are very important considerations. A review of articles on UBI challenges and proposed solutions has led me to believe that the technical and practical aspects of UBI can and will be overcome within the next 6 to 12 months. Searching "Universal Basic Income think-tanks" led me articles and sites where many very smart people are working through many of the challenges. Fortunately cryptocurrency provides a viable solution for both distribution and decentralized control.

One of the largest remaining impediments, IMHO, is pushback from national governments, central banks and the rich/powerful everywhere who have greatly benefited from the current systems and practices. A new income system that reduces the power/control of those who have it is likely to face significant resistance from those same people and institutions. A second and equally formidable challenge will be changing the mindset of the masses in some countries. In the USA for example, the concept of income is very tightly bound to "earnings" or "holdings" - many people would argue that UBI equates to money for nothing and would promote laziness and/or idleness. Changing deeply ingrained mindsets can take a very long time.

However, there is a storm on the horizon that may force societal change and almost everyone to rethink UBI. The advancements in AI and automation will displace millions of workers globally and ballooning debt levels/fiscal crises will devastate many fiat currencies in the years ahead. This trifecta of upheaval may spark widespread discussion and ultimate acceptance of UBI (hopefully) or civil unrest/state collapse/failure of national governance (bad times for all involved). Let us all hope that viable UBI such as Manna comes to fruition in the near-term to prevent widespread catastrophe in the long-term.
danspasiva

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:21:26 PM

The economics and distribution of UBI are very important considerations. A review of articles on UBI challenges and proposed solutions has led me to believe that the technical and practical aspects of UBI can and will be overcome within the next 6 to 12 months. Searching "Universal Basic Income think-tanks" led me articles and sites where many very smart people are working through many of the challenges. Fortunately cryptocurrency provides a viable solution for both distribution and decentralized control.

One of the largest remaining impediments, IMHO, is pushback from national governments, central banks and the rich/powerful everywhere who have greatly benefited from the current systems and practices. A new income system that reduces the power/control of those who have it is likely to face significant resistance from those same people and institutions. A second and equally formidable challenge will be changing the mindset of the masses in some countries. In the USA for example, the concept of income is very tightly bound to "earnings" or "holdings" - many people would argue that UBI equates to money for nothing and would promote laziness and/or idleness. Changing deeply ingrained mindsets can take a very long time.

However, there is a storm on the horizon that may force societal change and almost everyone to rethink UBI. The advancements in AI and automation will displace millions of workers globally and ballooning debt levels/fiscal crises will devastate many fiat currencies in the years ahead. This trifecta of upheaval may spark widespread discussion and ultimate acceptance of UBI (hopefully) or civil unrest/state collapse/failure of national governance (bad times for all involved). Let us all hope that viable UBI such as Manna comes to fruition in the near-term to prevent widespread catastrophe in the long-term.

This is an  interesting take on things.  What makes you so sure that UBI in particular is the solution to the issues you pointed out?  What good is UBI if it is easy to manipulate the value of that income as well?  I don't think the richest people in the world would allow such a thing to rise to power ahead of the old ways though, do you have a perspective on how that's possible?
legion_miracle

Activity: 331
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:27:01 AM

people and institutions. A second and equally formidable challenge will be changing the mindset of the masses in some countries. In the USA for example, the concept of income is very tightly bound to "earnings" or "holdings" - many people would argue that UBI equates to money for nothing and would promote laziness and/or idleness. Changing deeply ingrained mindsets can take a very long time.

This is an  interesting take on things.  What makes you so sure that UBI in particular is the solution to the issues you pointed out?  What good is UBI if it is easy to manipulate the value of that income as well?  I don't think the richest people in the world would allow such a thing to rise to power ahead of the old ways though, do you have a perspective on how that's possible?

With people like Mark Zuckerberg and Richard Branson talking about UBI I think the trend is already headed in that direction. Some of the stuff being said is along the lines of: UBI is the patch for the economic problems of everyday people.

Some of the wealthier crowd are already huge proponents of UBI such as Pierre Omidyar the founder of Ebay, Andrew Ng cofounder of Coursera and chief scientist at Baidu, Sam Altman president of YCombinator, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX Elon Musk, Bill Gross co-founder of pacific investment management, Ray Kurzweil co-founder of Singularity University, partner at Union Square Ventures Albert Wenger, CEO of O'Reilly Media Tim O'Reilly, Facebook Co-Founder Rick Hughes.

1ST EVER CAR TITLE LOAN PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
SHIFT.CASH     █ █ ██████████████████████████████████████ █ █     [ JOIN NOW ]
Website       Whitepaper       Telegram       Facebook       Twitter
ThinkerSteve

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:02:10 PM

As legion_miracle mentioned, many extraordinarily wealthy and/or well-known individuals are openly supporting UBI. While the early-adopters are forward-thinking and altruistic, other extremely wealthy individuals will eventually realize that an ever increasing wealth disparity between the ultra-rich and everyone else is not indefinitely sustainable. History has proven time and time again, that large numbers of people who are hungry, oppressed, exploited, and feel that they have nothing left to lose will eventually rebel. The rich are often targeted and their families attacked and forced to flee or are killed, and their homes looted and ransacked when those rebellions occur. From a practical standpoint, even those who currently despise the thought of “handouts” (UBI) - it is much easier to placate the masses with basic income than face future rebellions that may end in violent overthrow. In short, UBI helps keep people relatively happy, fed, clothed and housed, which in-turn allows the very rich to remain in power and enjoy their lifestyle without the threat of civil unrest.

Additionally, there are already small UBI experiments either underway or planned. The Finnish government randomly selected 2,000 unemployed Finns from across the country for a trial testing universal basic income. It started in January of 2017 and will run through the end of 2018. Many news outlets are tracking the successes and failures. I am confident that many other governments are closely watching as well.

If it can be shown that people can attain higher education, or start new businesses, or simply become less stressed or less prone to violence while receiving UBI then that will provide another big boost.  Challenges and growing pains will certainly arise out of the UBI movement, and adoption will come much sooner in some countries than in others, but when implemented correctly it seems the best solution for many of the people-related challenges we face globally.
danspasiva

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:15:10 PM

As legion_miracle mentioned, many extraordinarily wealthy and/or well-known individuals are openly supporting UBI. While the early-adopters are forward-thinking and altruistic, other extremely wealthy individuals will eventually realize that an ever increasing wealth disparity between the ultra-rich and everyone else is not indefinitely sustainable. History has proven time and time again, that large numbers of people who are hungry, oppressed, exploited, and feel that they have nothing left to lose will eventually rebel. The rich are often targeted and their families attacked and forced to flee or are killed, and their homes looted and ransacked when those rebellions occur. From a practical standpoint, even those who currently despise the thought of “handouts” (UBI) - it is much easier to placate the masses with basic income than face future rebellions that may end in violent overthrow. In short, UBI helps keep people relatively happy, fed, clothed and housed, which in-turn allows the very rich to remain in power and enjoy their lifestyle without the threat of civil unrest.

Additionally, there are already small UBI experiments either underway or planned. The Finnish government randomly selected 2,000 unemployed Finns from across the country for a trial testing universal basic income. It started in January of 2017 and will run through the end of 2018. Many news outlets are tracking the successes and failures. I am confident that many other governments are closely watching as well.

If it can be shown that people can attain higher education, or start new businesses, or simply become less stressed or less prone to violence while receiving UBI then that will provide another big boost.  Challenges and growing pains will certainly arise out of the UBI movement, and adoption will come much sooner in some countries than in others, but when implemented correctly it seems the best solution for many of the people-related challenges we face globally.

Thanks, both of you guys brought up some interesting points and i actually had no idea how many powerful people actually support the UBI model.  Blockchain is in fact a perfect technology for this, on that I most certainly agree.  I suppose my next question would have to be, why MANNA? and why not some other project with bigger backing?  What's to stop Zuckerberg creating his own blockchain based UBI?  Manna may be the first mover on this, but realistically if anyone that powerful moves in, Manna would be almost automatically 2nd to it.

Also is there a place where I can speak to the people behind MANNA anywhere?
legion_miracle

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:48:49 AM

Thanks, both of you guys brought up some interesting points and i actually had no idea how many powerful people actually support the UBI model.  Blockchain is in fact a perfect technology for this, on that I most certainly agree.  I suppose my next question would have to be, why MANNA? and why not some other project with bigger backing?  What's to stop Zuckerberg creating his own blockchain based UBI?  Manna may be the first mover on this, but realistically if anyone that powerful moves in, Manna would be almost automatically 2nd to it.

Why Manna? Well the obvious first answer would be that they are a first mover as you have mentioned, but I don't think this is by any stretch the best answer. The rebranding from Grantcoin to Manna was a big move that in my opinion was very well done, and looks amazing. However i think the biggest factor that puts Manna as a frontrunner is the continual growth. If you look at the Grantcoin / Manna history you will see a steady growth in use, value and registrations. The last couple cycles for Manna distribution have seen over 20,000 participants. This I believe places Manna as one of, if not the largest UBI platform to date. On top of that, Manna is not restricted to a small region as other UBI social experiments have been, giving them a heads up advantage of data on a more global scale.

I'm not saying that Manna will be the frontrunner, but they are certainly positioned well to achieve it. I strongly believe in the platform, and the development team. I have personally had the opportunity to speak with Brandon Venetta, and I could tell there was some true passion for success from the Manna team.

Lareina

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:40:20 AM

Why Manna? Well the obvious first answer would be that they are a first mover as you have mentioned, but I don't think this is by any stretch the best answer. The rebranding from Grantcoin to Manna was a big move that in my opinion was very well done, and looks amazing. However i think the biggest factor that puts Manna as a frontrunner is the continual growth. If you look at the Grantcoin / Manna history you will see a steady growth in use, value and registrations. The last couple cycles for Manna distribution have seen over 20,000 participants. This I believe places Manna as one of, if not the largest UBI platform to date. On top of that, Manna is not restricted to a small region as other UBI social experiments have been, giving them a heads up advantage of data on a more global scale.

I'm not saying that Manna will be the frontrunner, but they are certainly positioned well to achieve it. I strongly believe in the platform, and the development team. I have personally had the opportunity to speak with Brandon Venetta, and I could tell there was some true passion for success from the Manna team.
From Grantcoin to Manna, it can be seen that the project team is a group of very enthusiastic and dedicated people, striving to improve the lives of ordinary people.This is very rare in many block chain projects now, and wish all the best.
danspasiva

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:16:22 PM

Well I wanna thank you for posting your reply.  I can understand the logic you have for why MANNA.  I didn't make the connection about it being the largest UBI platform to date.  I do know of all the little trials taking place in some countries around the world, but a you said this one is global.  Thanks for the insight a well about the growth and the team itself.
aqzu

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:14:32 AM

Dear Sir,

I just know that i have a lot of Grantcoin in bittrex. And tomorrow bittrex will delete grantcoin wallet. i want to withdraw it to southexchange, however as i know grantcoin already change to manna. What should i do?? I just sent my balance from bittrex to southxchange. but it seems not working. PLEASE HELP ME!!
legion_miracle

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:35:40 AM

Dear Sir,

I just know that i have a lot of Grantcoin in bittrex. And tomorrow bittrex will delete grantcoin wallet. i want to withdraw it to southexchange, however as i know grantcoin already change to manna. What should i do?? I just sent my balance from bittrex to southxchange. but it seems not working. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Guaranteed workaround would be to download the grantcoin wallet prior to manna launch and send coins to grantcoin desktop wallet. From there download the manna wallet and transfer the wallet.dat from grantcoin to manna, and your wallet should update automatically. I'm not sure if sending directly to manna wallet would work from the exchange.

aqzu

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

Dear Sir,

Guaranteed workaround would be to download the grantcoin wallet prior to manna launch and send coins to grantcoin desktop wallet. From there download the manna wallet and transfer the wallet.dat from grantcoin to manna, and your wallet should update automatically. I'm not sure if sending directly to manna wallet would work from the exchange.

Actually i just did sent it from grantcoin wallet to southxchange wallet. And you know what? I just get MANNA coin. Thanks god. Actually it is not much. About 1000$. But i think it is enough for me to live this month. Cheesy
Vinxent

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:09:48 PM

There is nothing sure about who will block anonymous coins, yet we will see
legion_miracle

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:30:54 PM

The best advertising, this is a working product and favorable conditions. I hope developers will please us with this wish you good luck Devs.

Based on what I have seen from grantcoin and the merge to Manna, and the dev team including Brandon Venetta, this coin has a very bright future with an astounding amount of potential, slow stable, and steady growth, an expanding community, and consistent forward progress. I have watched the members grow over 4x since I got in on this project.

Manna Currency

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:42:56 PM

Hi Devs, tried to find button to change language on the site, but didnt find, it is a pity, say me - will you add languages to the site?

Hi,
  We are working on implementing multiple language translations for our website and whitepaper and hope to make this available soon.
koanado

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:51:53 PM

For everyone new to the scene!
50,000 users already get a free share of Manna. A cryptocurrency Universal Basic Income.

This works and the more people use it the more value it gets.

Sign up with your email and then sign up and verify for Universal Basic Income with weekly distribution automatically transfered into your web wallet. You can then transfer the coins to wherever you want.

Use my ref link - the universe and I say thank you.
https://www.mannabase.com/?ref=xghxc9jm9d

HEX.com
lanndrysmith

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:39:55 PM

What an interesting project. I will be looking out for more information, let's see another opinion giving to this project & how this project will turn out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: