Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does Coinbase do right? What do they do wrong?  (Read 1168 times)
jp (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 07:04:53 PM

I'm a current Coinbase customer and up until this Month, I loved their service. But their lack of transparency really bothers me. As an entrepreneur myself, I can't stand when companies are opaque and don't provide top-notch customer service.

So fellow Bitcoin enthusiasts, what do you think that Coinbase does right and what do you think that they do wrong? Anything that you would like to see added or removed from their service?

Thanks,

JP

Helping the world exit the traditional financial system.
fwho

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:11:37 PM

Despite the wait time, I think they have something good with buying and selling Bitcoins from your bank account. You still lock in the price when you purchase, you just cant do anything with them for a week. Kinda lame, but tolerable. They also got the 1% fees right, that is awesome.

Problems. They seem to have way too many bugs and issues. They should probably create plugins for popular carts, e.g., openCart, Magento, wooCommerce. They should also setup a system like Bitpay where a percentage of your payments can be saved as Bitcoins and the rest sent to your bank account, rather than a hold minimum amount. And the reason I will not use them anymore, they ignore customers. Personally, I could care less how much you have going on and how busy you are, if you are dealing with my money, or more importantly my customers, I expect a quick reply to whatever stupidity I might ask. Using their messed up system makes the retailer look bad, and then even worse when you cant figure out what is going on.
Tonko

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:19:25 AM

They have more than enough complaints that their customers sent them in the last month.

If they can read, then don't need anything more.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 07:12:06 AM

I'm a current Coinbase customer and up until this Month, I loved their service. But their lack of transparency really bothers me. As an entrepreneur myself, I can't stand when companies are opaque and don't provide top-notch customer service.

So fellow Bitcoin enthusiasts, what do you think that Coinbase does right and what do you think that they do wrong? Anything that you would like to see added or removed from their service?

Thanks,

JP

I signed up with Coinbase a while ago and have a fully verified account. I can buy up to 100BTC a day but there's the rub. You can't buy bitcoin with Coinbase! I've tried to buy coin many times the last month and all times their site just says they have went over their limit. Whatever. They are a bitcoin selling service that can't sell bitcoin. That statement right there should set alarms off.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
boscorocks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:15:52 AM

It is a shame than Coinbase has dropped the ball so many times recently. They could have been so successful but whatever technical problems they have are ruining them. It is so easy to use and is an easy way to get BTC (despite the four or so days it takes)...however it is not a very usable service if they never have any BTC available.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 07:19:41 AM

It is a shame than Coinbase has dropped the ball so many times recently. They could have been so successful but whatever technical problems they have are ruining them. It is so easy to use and is an easy way to get BTC (despite the four or so days it takes)...however it is not a very usable service if they never have any BTC available.

They really need to change their home page to "WE ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION" and figure out all their problems and not try to operate with the problems they have. They should not reopen until they can sell BTC again.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:24:49 AM

What does Coinbase do right?

The right part is they are trying to be a broker, not an exchange.

What do they do wrong?

Everything else.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: