Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:14:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do I Improving the quality of post?  (Read 794 times)
royalfestus (OP)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:38:04 AM

Can someone help out on How do I improve the quality of my post? Not only about participating but being engaged. It is good to know that one can check the quality of his post not only how active he was. If u can tell me, how do improve it.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:44:40 AM

How do I improve the quality of my post?
Start reading. That's the first step. I believe this question was already asked here but you didn't take time to search for an answer but instea you created a thread just to increase your post count.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:07:37 AM

Start reading what is the topic all about. And if you are a good commentor. Comment on the thread base on the topic so it will be a quality statement by the thread. Also you need some knowledge in english language to avoid wrong grammar. Reading your statement also is needed to avoid wrong spelling. I mean check your statement before you post.
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:52:07 AM

Can someone help out on How do I improve the quality of my post? Not only about participating but being engaged. It is good to know that one can check the quality of his post not only how active he was. If u can tell me, how do improve it.

Let me preface this post by saying that this is a stupid thread. People with common sense are capable of determining the quality of their own posts as well as of other people's. I will still answer it to the best of my ability though, hoping that my answer inspires you to lock this thread before sig spammers flood it with their ironic low-quality posts.

First of all, you need to ask yourself "why am I here?" Why are you a member of this discussion board? Why are you posting on a particular thread? Why are you reading the posts made by other members? If you know why you're here, then you can easily figure out the inherent quality of your posts before you even make them.

For example, if a member is here solely to earn BTC from signature campaigns, then that member's posts will inherently be of poor quality. You would see such a member frantically making successive posts about trivial topics in order to reach his/her daily quota of posts for the signature campaign. You might even see that member making dubious claims or giving advice about topics that he has no inkling of knowledge of just to pad his/her post count on the relevant subforums. (Trust me -- I've seen a lot of idiots posting about things that they know absolutely nothing about.)

However, there are also members who come to this discussion board to learn, share their knowledge and participate in meaningful discussions with other people regarding important topics. Those members will naturally make posts that can be considered of fair-to-excellent quality. Their posts will most likely contain meaningful ideas and insightful opinions.

Another thing to consider when appraising the quality of a post is how well it conveys the idea or information that it is meant to convey. It is easy to tell someone that they are wrong about something, but that really does nothing unless you can empirically prove that they are indeed wrong. It is possible that multiple differing opinions may simultaneously be considered correct by their own merits, but simply yelling something without acknowledging the ideas of the other party or showing them due respect tends to lower the quality of a post. Be proper and precise.

Read before you post. That is one of the most heavily ignored concepts by the sig spammers. You can usually see them spouting the same nonsense that has been said over and over in a thread because they didn't care to read anything but the thread title. Some of them don't even know what the topic of the thread is actually about. If you are a respectable member of the forum, then those are the people that you would want to cull Darwin-style. Don't be like them. Read, read, then read again. If you don't want to read, then you shouldn't be posting here at all.

Most importantly, practice common sense. That is the most important thing. That doesn't even need to be explained. Your common sense can tell you if your post is crap or not.

Now lock this thread.
royalfestus (OP)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:38:42 PM

Let me preface this post by saying that this is a stupid thread. People with common sense are capable of determining the quality of their own posts as well as of other people's. I will still answer it to the best of my ability though, hoping that my answer inspires you to lock this thread before sig spammers flood it with their ironic low-quality posts.

First of all, you need to ask yourself "why am I here?" Why are you a member of this discussion board? Why are you posting on a particular thread? Why are you reading the posts made by other members? If you know why you're here, then you can easily figure out the inherent quality of your posts before you even make them.

For example, if a member is here solely to earn BTC from signature campaigns, then that member's posts will inherently be of poor quality. You would see such a member frantically making successive posts about trivial topics in order to reach his/her daily quota of posts for the signature campaign. You might even see that member making dubious claims or giving advice about topics that he has no inkling of knowledge of just to pad his/her post count on the relevant subforums. (Trust me -- I've seen a lot of idiots posting about things that they know absolutely nothing about.)

However, there are also members who come to this discussion board to learn, share their knowledge and participate in meaningful discussions with other people regarding important topics. Those members will naturally make posts that can be considered of fair-to-excellent quality. Their posts will most likely contain meaningful ideas and insightful opinions.

Another thing to consider when appraising the quality of a post is how well it conveys the idea or information that it is meant to convey. It is easy to tell someone that they are wrong about something, but that really does nothing unless you can empirically prove that they are indeed wrong. It is possible that multiple differing opinions may simultaneously be considered correct by their own merits, but simply yelling something without acknowledging the ideas of the other party or showing them due respect tends to lower the quality of a post. Be proper and precise.

Read before you post. That is one of the most heavily ignored concepts by the sig spammers. You can usually see them spouting the same nonsense that has been said over and over in a thread because they didn't care to read anything but the thread title. Some of them don't even know what the topic of the thread is actually about. If you are a respectable member of the forum, then those are the people that you would want to cull Darwin-style. Don't be like them. Read, read, then read again. If you don't want to read, then you shouldn't be posting here at all.

Most importantly, practice common sense. That is the most important thing. That doesn't even need to be explained. Your common sense can tell you if your post is crap or not.

Now lock this thread.
This might look like one of those stupid questions you have seen on this site. If u understand so much then u have answer a lot also. Remember without new members the site is heading to the rock. Am not so surprised that a lot of so called senior member throw such abusive words around new members. You were once new here remember. Not all member have the same or equal knowledge, and what makes u think I cant know more than you in a short while. Where i come from we dont consider anyone idiot, just maybe he doesn't know enough. But your foolish way of making comment is helpful.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:02:12 PM

Start reading what is the topic all about. And if you are a good commentor. Comment on the thread base on the topic so it will be a quality statement by the thread. Also you need some knowledge in english language to avoid wrong grammar. Reading your statement also is needed to avoid wrong spelling. I mean check your statement before you post.
Thank you. It is helpful.
Also when your done writing your post look for red underlines and it will help correct most grammar and spelling mistakes people make.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:19:39 PM

You must stick to topic of thread you are posting in.Just dont copy or repeat what others have already said.Do a through research before posting and last but not least be original,honest and speak your mind

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 11:06:35 PM

Posts must exceed 75 chars in length

In order to improve the "quality" of your post, here at Bitcointalk, we look at quantity, not necessarily quality. If your post is greater than 75 characters long, it is considered of a good quality. Moral of the story is, more spam, more words, less material. Stick to these principles to be a successful, quality poster on Bitcointalk.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 12:02:37 AM

Posts must exceed 75 chars in length

In order to improve the "quality" of your post, here at Bitcointalk, we look at quantity, not necessarily quality. If your post is greater than 75 characters long, it is considered of a good quality. Moral of the story is, more spam, more words, less material. Stick to these principles to be a successful, quality poster on Bitcointalk.
Most campaign managers look at the length of post mostly, but 75 characters is a bit short. Not sure why you decided to post this, unless it's sarcasm.
Take this post as an example:
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
An escrow is a financial arrangement where a third party holds and regulates payment of the funds required for two parties involved in a given transaction.
155 letters, but it isn't constructive since tomatocage definitely knows what an escrow is, and those that don't will probably google it. It adds absoultely nothing to the conversation (not that there really was one), and no one can build of it.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
renem

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:43:56 AM

I know how you can make it but first make sure that you are posting contractive post which is more than 150 per letters before you reply on that thread you are replying for like this with sense and if you want to check your activity seach it on google bitcointalk estimator and put your uID account number then run
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:53:45 AM

I know how you can make it but first make sure that you are posting contractive post which is more than 150 per letters before you reply on that thread you are replying for like this with sense and if you want to check your activity seach it on google bitcointalk estimator and put your uID account number then run

posting 150 characters or more doesn't really mean it is contructive post. even a single sentence with 10words post can be contrustive as long as it is relative on topic
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 06:25:52 AM

First of all, use good grammer. Do not use "u 2 4" and other things like that. Make sure your comment is about the post and it states an idea and is constructive. Also make sure your comment is not less than 100 characters. Maybe 100 characters is a lot but comments like "I agree" "Yes, it is a scam" "+1" are of bad quality.
Those examples are not examples of posts that are nonconstructive, but rather those that are of very low value and as such would be deleted by the forum moderation team (as those break the rules by default).

Also when your done writing your post look for red underlines and it will help correct most grammar and spelling mistakes people make.
This is good advice that I can agree with; the browser should be able to detect common spelling mistakes (it doesn't really work on grammar). Unfortunately, not too many people use this.

Just dont copy or repeat what others have already said.
Copying content will get you instantly permanently banned. You may be talking about 'rewriting' what others have said.

Do a through research before posting and last but not least be original,honest and speak your mind
Those three values are useless if you post on topics where your knowledge is either lacking or very flawed.

For the others that have mentioned it: The length of a post does not matter at all. Stop throwing in random trivial numbers and flooding this thread with bad advice.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: