Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Educating the users to not use web wallets!!!  (Read 332 times)
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:30:31 AM

I was reading through the Online Wallets section of this forum and I was shocked at the huge number of users that are using, coinbase, blockchain.info, xapo etc web online wallets.
These users have something in common, they all tend to have some kind of problems sooner or later with these wallets so below is why we should not use them.

Why we should not use them ?
1.0 Coinbase makes it very difficult to sign from a specific address if you have used it from long time ago.
1.1 Coinbase can lock your account if they see you are gambling with your coins.
1.2 Use Coinbase only to buy bitcoin and immediately after transfer it to your desktop or hardware wallet.
1.3 Blockchain.info is the web wallet with the highest number of hacks in bitcoin history
1.4 Xapo may feel like limiting your account any time they want without valid reason.
1.5 These wallets are keeping your coins for you and in the majority of them you don't even own the private keys (coinbase and xapo)
1.6 Why believing so much in third parties to keep your bitcoins, when desktop wallets are as easy as convenient to use as them and even faster in some circumstances.

Suggested wallets:
Electrum- Visit website to learn everything about it www.electrum.org
Multibit HD- Visit website to learn everything about it www.multibit.org
Bitcoin core - If you have a lot of space on your PC by all means download and synchronize it.

Hardware wallets:
Which ever you choose you are using bitcoins in the best possible way and the safest way also.
1. Trezor
2. Keepkey
3. Ledger

are a few hardware wallets.

Locking the topic as no need for signature spammers to show me how good is their blockchain.info wallet. This is pretty much a self explanatory thread and is to help people realize why they should not use web online wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: