Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:59:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: donations  (Read 10444 times)
tddk (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2010, 06:42:01 PM

Is it possible to donate money to the bitcoinproject. Its a great idea but the software seems too limited as a tradeplatform, perhaps its due to lack of funding. If donations (banktransfers)are possible then please include IBAN-number.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NewLibertyStandard

Activity: 252
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2010, 10:40:25 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2010, 11:41:56 PM by NewLibertyStandard

You can donate to the Bitcoin economy by buying bitcoins and selling them for less than you purchased them. This will increase confidence in the bitcoin economy by decreasing the buy/sell spread. The closer the buy and sell prices are to the mid price, the more willing people are to use a currency since they will feel like they're getting a good deal when they buy or sell bitcoins. The increased confidence will attract more merchants, consumers and developers. To prevent the person who sold you the bitcoins from buying them right back, you can sell them using a different currency.

The Bitcoin Exchange accepts bank wire transfers with no fees within Europe and SMS payments.

The Bitcoin Market accepts Pecunix DGC, Liberty Reserve USD, Moneybookers USD and PayPal USD. The multi-currency feature is still new, so right now it would be particularly useful if you were to buy bitcoins using another currency and then offer to buy and sell bitcoins for some amount of Liberty Reserve USD or Moneybookers USD.

I only accept Pecunix DGC, but I offer discounts for volume trades.

Treazant: A Fullever Rewarding Bitcoin - Backup Your Wallet TODAY to Double Your Money! - Dual Currency Donation Address: 1Dnvwj3hAGSwFPMnkJZvi3KnaqksRPa74p
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
June 05, 2010, 09:06:20 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2010, 09:48:14 AM by sirius-m

The best way you can help is to get (web) service providers accept Bitcoin, perhaps by offering them a reward.

Another way is to advertise the project at Google Ads, Facebook or popular websites to carefully chosen audiences with striking taglines, like "Credit cards are history", "End the FED, use Bitcoin" or something similar.

If you only want to donate and not manage these tasks yourself, you can get me or someone else handle it for you.

You can also donate to one of the BTC exchangers, so they can increase their backing for Bitcoin.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
tddk (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2010, 11:45:02 AM

Thank you for the advice.

I have decided to advertise bitcoin through google adwords.
sirius
Bitcoiner

View Profile
June 12, 2010, 08:38:28 AM

Thanks tddk!

sirius
Bitcoiner

View Profile
June 14, 2010, 12:15:40 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2010, 01:12:43 PM by sirius-m

I used the tagline "Say no to central banking – use Bitcoin, the revolutionary P2P currency!" in Facebook, you can take it if you want.

Or should it be just "Say no to central banking – use Bitcoin!"? That's easier to read. Maybe depends on the context and text field size.

QuantumMechanic

Activity: 110
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 14, 2010, 08:33:57 PM

I just noticed that there's two bitcoin facebook pages now.  There's not much on the other one yet, so I don't think it'll be much of a problem to choose either one.
sirius
Bitcoiner

View Profile
June 14, 2010, 09:44:44 PM

I just noticed that there's two bitcoin facebook pages now.  There's not much on the other one yet, so I don't think it'll be much of a problem to choose either one.

Oh, I didn't notice that there was already one. I removed my version.

LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
August 08, 2010, 09:52:40 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 05:07:14 AM by LZ

Encourage solvency by donations: https://freebitcoins.appspot.com/

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2010, 11:07:40 PM

You can donate to the Bitcoin economy by buying bitcoins and selling them for less than you purchased them. This will increase confidence in the bitcoin economy by decreasing the buy/sell spread. The closer the buy and sell prices are to the mid price, the more willing people are to use a currency since they will feel like they're getting a good deal when they buy or sell bitcoins. The increased confidence will attract more merchants, consumers and developers. To prevent the person who sold you the bitcoins from buying them right back, you can sell them using a different currency.

It might be counter intuitive, but you can actually decrease the spread and profit at the same time.

It the spread is HIGH BID: .05 and LOW ASK: .06 and you place a BID of .052 and an ASK of .058 then you decrease the spread and profit by $.006 per coin. The risk is that only one of your offers is taken and the price moves away from your other one. Possibly leaving you either with BTC of $$ that you don't want, unless you are somehow indifferent.

If you want to give money away to increase the value of BTC then just pick a floor at which to support BTC. Say coins can be sold for .061 right now, choose .07 as a floor and offer that until you are out of cash to burn. If you sell them back in you'll be undoing the manipulation that you did. I don't recommend this btw.

The best thing you could do, imo, is provide whatever good or service you can in return for BTC.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: