Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how many people do you think knows about bitcoin in your community?  (Read 7743 times)
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:13:25 PM

Im wondering how many people you knew uses or know about btc in your small community..

Mind to share your thoughts..

What do you mean by "small community"?

Family?Friends?Nobody knows anything about bitcoin in my family or my friends.

They aren`t very tech savvy and they won`t understand anything,if i try to explain the bitcoin/blockchain.

My family is aware about bitcoins as they see me working everyday on it, and I have explained them the basics of bitoins, but they are not interested in using it but they don't have any issue if I am using  it.
hard to make someone to know and understand about bitcoin
as so far there still a lot of traditional thinker who considering everything on the internet are scam
they did not trust at all on something like bitcoin
as a result only a little pecentage of bitcoin user in developed country , i believe there only below 10% average of total population

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:32:17 PM

Im wondering how many people you knew uses or know about btc in your small community..

I think out of 100% the bitcoin community we had it now in my country is 5% approximately its only a rough estimation of me, which is according to my observation also.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:35:51 PM

I did not find anyone till date in my community who knows about bitcoin. All they know that money can be earned online but they have no clue how to do that.

When I have told them about bitcoin, they went crazy as they did not have any idea that money can be mined through a computer program. So I have asked them to research on it and few young guys came back to me for more information. Frankly, only tech-savy people shown interest in bitcoin and not anyone else.

stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:37:32 PM

They aren`t very tech savvy and they won`t understand anything,if i try to explain the bitcoin/blockchain.

My family is aware about bitcoins as they see me working everyday on it, and I have explained them the basics of bitoins, but they are not interested in using it but they don't have any issue if I am using  it.
as so far there still a lot of traditional thinker who considering everything on the internet are scam
as a result only a little pecentage of bitcoin user in developed country , i believe there only below 10% average of total population

Yeah and its very difficult to convince older generation as they are not aware about internet stuff and they have wrong impression about it and I have seen many people who don't even prefer to use credit cards.
~BitSy~

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:38:10 PM

In terms of usage, only me and my best friend but in terms of being known among the community I'm at, it's less than 10 people. Can't help nor blame the situation due to bitcoin still being considered to be on it's rather initial years.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:15:07 PM

Excluding myself, maybe 0 to a few bitcoiners in my community. That is from my city only, not the country. I have not met any bitcoin members or heard anyone mention bitcoin. But I guess in my country, there is already a significant number of bitcoin users. I hope this number grows more so that bitcoin can grow more rapidly.
PetroffVany

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:27:59 PM

My social circle is made up of all different levels. That financial topics communicate is very rare, but about bitcoin these people are not even heard. There I learned about bitcoin recently and from another source of income.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:30:45 PM

In here Nepal there are not many people know about bitcoin as there is no any single bitcoin based service provider here and also haven't heard about any merchants that accept bitcoin payments. But recently i have been in touch with few online earners who are getting attracted towards bitcoin because of low fee and also no country restrictions to use it as payment processors. I am quite confident that interest over bitcoin will keep growing slowly here  one day a big bitcoin community may formed here.
ether19

Activity: 532

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 02:31:48 PM

Bitcoin community in my country is growing. But if you look in relation to the entire population, the number is very small. I got some of my friends into bitcoin and then use it for trading and getting into some ICOs. I am happy they have accepted bitcoin into there life.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 02:32:28 PM

Yeah and its very difficult to convince older generation as they are not aware about internet stuff and they have wrong impression about it and I have seen many people who don't even prefer to use credit cards.

Not only older generation but also those younger ones doesn't have any knowledge on bitcoin i think they will see us bluffing when i am about to tell them the info about bitcoins and they would not believe so early since they are not familiar with this one, and thats why i think proper education about bitcoin will be good so the knowledge for its existene well go spread in offline communities.

tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:32:56 PM

In here Nepal there are not many people know about bitcoin as there is no any single bitcoin based service provider here and also haven't heard about any merchants that accept bitcoin payments. But recently i have been in touch with few online earners who are getting attracted towards bitcoin because of low fee and also no country restrictions to use it as payment processors. I am quite confident that interest over bitcoin will keep growing slowly here  one day a big bitcoin community may formed here.

I have one friend from Nepal he was my room mate in Dubai, I explained him about  bitcoins and how to earn from signature campaign, and now he is a part of this forum and earning  bitcoins from signature campaign.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 02:38:03 PM

I have one friend from Nepal he was my room mate in Dubai, I explained him about  bitcoins and how to earn from signature campaign, and now he is a part of this forum and earning  bitcoins from signature campaign.

Well that is good to hear since one on one teaching really helps since your friend got no idea what bitcoin really was, and here in my country phils bitcoin users lives in my place are only few or should we say i am the only one using it here since i don't see anyone got a sign of bitcoin existence thay they are using it, and maybe bitcoins need som good exposure so does who doesn't really stay in computer people would get some ideas on what is bitcoin and the use of it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:55:21 PM

Not too many of my friends know about bitcoin, some of my workmate know about bitcoin, and i keep introducing bitcoin to the new comer in my office, and no one in my family know anything about bitcoin, because bitcoin not too popular in my city

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:07:25 PM

Not too many of my friends know about bitcoin, some of my workmate know about bitcoin, and i keep introducing bitcoin to the new comer in my office, and no one in my family know anything about bitcoin, because bitcoin not too popular in my city

Yes even I introduced bitcoins to my friends and colleagues in my office, but the only thing they said that they need to think over it whether to invest money in it or not, Poor Guys  Cheesy
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:04:24 PM

From my friend group less then half knows about bitcoin. And that is very disappointing to me because now i can't pay them in bitcoin.
What's even worse is that they are typically the kind of people that should use bitcoin. Young and it people.
FastEddie1

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:17:05 PM

There is a poker player I know from town, got to talking to him one night and got on the subject of bitcoin. Apparently he lost 100 coins when mtgox went down.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 04:24:20 PM

There are several of us in our town actually. i've seen them on localbitcoin as well selling their coins the rest of them are expats from US and so yes they spread the word here. through the help of our local remittance which accepts btc, they can freely send and receive btc in us and here in our country.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:31:34 PM

in my comunity , only me who using bitcoin, but arround 25% of tmy comunity know about bitcoin, knoow bitcoin is cryptocurrency etc.
in other my comunity 100% of user know and use about bitcoin Roll Eyes

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 04:43:14 PM

The media has been talking about bitcoin for years, so I think there are quite many people knows about it, but to use it is just a couple of thousands people here, I think.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 04:57:49 PM

right here only my family know about bitcoin. because I am in bitcoin and I am earning a vary good mow through bitcoin.
I cashed out my money many times. now my family is trusting bitcoin. it is really a good thing..

may be more people in my community know about bitcoin but they are anonymous.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██