Bitcoin Forum
July 23, 2018, 06:25:37 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins from drugs, how big problem for coin mixing/coinjoin service users?  (Read 601 times)
postcd

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 07:01:48 AM

Hello,

assuming coin mixing services like Tor Helix and other coin mixing services are used to launder money obtained in exchange for illegal drugs, when i use that service (which i assume is not illegal to do) and receive some dirty satoshi's (part of the drug money), how big problem (legal) is it for me if i withdraw (SEPA,WIRE) these coins thanks to service like Kraken which hold verified personal data of me?

Would it make any difference if i use clearnet based bitcoin mixer? I want to highlight that i would not know coins are from drug and i will probably not receive whole drug money, just fraction thanks to nature how mixing services works.
------------

Money transfer:
DRUG ADDICT ---> DRUG SELLER ---> Mixing/coinjoin service distribute money directly to the wallets of me and other people ---> Kraken.com --> My bank account

Bitcoin Hosting, Server? InstantcPanelHosting.com
Contact me. Im selling licenses ; bitcoin and PerfectMoney for SEPA.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:03:17 PM

It shouldn't be a problem if the source of coins (originally) is documented.
Even the coins sold by the FBI would have a drug taint on them.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.