Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know how to dispute a paypal F&F payment?  (Read 603 times)
nicky1088 (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:00:11 PM

So this jerk farlack scammed me and i sent the payment as friends and family. is there any way to get my money back? I hope so Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:05:19 PM

So this jerk farlack scammed me and i sent the payment as friends and family. is there any way to get my money back? I hope so Sad

Well basicly no, however  if you paid via credit card you can still try to chargeback if you paid via paypal funds your chances are not yhat good, you can try to call paypal and explain them that he folled you to send it via f%f if you are lucky they will make a chargeback but it really depends on the agent.
nicky1088 (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:26:55 PM

Well basicly no, however  if you paid via credit card you can still try to chargeback if you paid via paypal funds your chances are not yhat good, you can try to call paypal and explain them that he folled you to send it via f%f if you are lucky they will make a chargeback but it really depends on the agent.

Thanks, I will call them tonight
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:36:05 PM

You should have to send them the details including the screenshot of your dealing, that will be your best support in that matter but still cannot say that they will favor you as you have cheated with paypal .
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 11:05:02 PM

Well basically no, however  if you paid via credit card you can still try to chargeback if you paid via paypal funds your chances are not yhat good, you can try to call paypal and explain them that he folled you to send it via f%f if you are lucky they will make a chargeback but it really depends on the agent.

Let us know what happens.
I hope you get a good agent that will help, coz as far as I know, they're kinda strict with regards to misclassifying a transaction. They have PayPal Purchase Protection, and in order to be protected a transaction has to be labeled as a purchase. In the case of a personal payment, there is no record of an agreement to deliver goods.
here's a link have a look https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/Can-you-dispute-a-friends-and-family-payment/td-p/841206
Still, you could try. good luck

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:03:06 AM

I think you can file dispute even you have sent payment as friends and family but if those transaction is related to bitcoin purchase/exchange than they may not help you as they are quite strict about dealing with bitcoin. For normal transaction also chances are very small and it may take many weeks for them to come at some conclusion.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: