Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are CoinBase, Kraken, and Poloniex Doomed to Fail?  (Read 1702 times)
Bit1334271

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:48:46 PM

They are not necessarily going to fail or steal our money, but there's also no guarantee that they won't. I lost money in cryptsy and probably won't ever see any of it again. Just be prepared for the worst on any exchange.
Cryptsy is very big shock for me also because as Mintpal gone I put all coins in this exchange and they run away very quickly as I have no time to recover this just because of this now I am keeping all coins in my own wallet not in any exchange they are not safe any way

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 11:58:28 PM

~snip~
He is not comparing small exchanger companies to big excahnger companies, he just being scared about after what happened on bitfinex, he has a thought in his mind that saying "what if this happen again?" this wont stop people by using ecchangers but highly secured system is necessary.

Nah. I get we are all scared about the bitfinex thing happening again and that more security measures should be taken to prevent this, but did you even read the article (advertising)? It was ok at the start, that was his opinion, but towards the end when I read the part
Please come to Lykke.com to learn more about this amazing project. It could be that Lykke, a little company with fewer than 20 employees today, will rise to replace the big exchanges we all know but shouldn’t trust.
In this series, I’ll be exploring other aspects of the Lykke exchange and why it’s so important to humanity. Come learn about Lykke — the exchange built for the decentralized web of value.
Isn't he just basically alarming people and exploiting the bitfinex hack to advertise his site? Yes, the hacking could happen and it's no fun. But if people want to get trust they should do so by proving themselves or their service and not just rely on throwing mud to the competition.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:58:56 PM

They are not necessarily going to fail or steal our money, but there's also no guarantee that they won't. I lost money in cryptsy and probably won't ever see any of it again. Just be prepared for the worst on any exchange.
Cryptsy is very big shock for me also because as Mintpal gone I put all coins in this exchange and they run away very quickly as I have no time to recover this just because of this now I am keeping all coins in my own wallet not in any exchange they are not safe any way

That is good just like we choosing our wallet that is safe and can secure our coins, use excharger when you want to exchange your coins from one another and move them on its designated wallet if you can pay fees, although paying fees is too much but it is better when you are confident your coins are in safe place.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: