Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need my BTC - Cant wait 4 Download pls help  (Read 1105 times)
kiwiDW (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:52:49 AM

I transferred some BTC into my Wallet
Now i know that before i can use my BTC i need 2 download thoose "4 years of BTC-history"
Can i anyhow skip this download or transfere my BTC anyhow without downloading ?
sorry 4 bad english ~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:44:32 AM

I transferred some BTC into my Wallet
Now i know that before i can use my BTC i need 2 download thoose "4 years of BTC-history"
Can i anyhow skip this download or transfere my BTC anyhow without downloading ?
sorry 4 bad english ~

You can use a lite wallet - e.g. https://electrum.org/#home  or one of the other similar wallets.

By the way, there are native language sections.
kiwiDW (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 11:02:27 AM

But i already Transfered all my BTC to this Acc
Can i anyhow get them back or skip waiting ?
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 11:05:00 AM

You transferred your btc to an address that contains a private keys, so just download electrum as suggested by cr1776 then import your private keys there and you will have all your bitcoin there

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:37:09 PM

You transferred your btc to an address that contains a private keys, so just download electrum as suggested by cr1776 then import your private keys there and you will have all your bitcoin there

Exactly.  You can export the private keys from Bitcoin Core before it finishes syncing (e.g. dumpprivkey - http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5614/using-dumpprivkey-to-make-a-paper-backup  ).  Then shutdown core (no need to sync it if you aren't using it).  Backup the wallet.dat somewhere safe.

Import the private keys into Electrum, and go from there.

I would suggest that you move your coins from your initial address to an Electrum address so that you can take advantage of the HD addresses there.
waveaddict

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:35:52 PM

Make sure you have backed up your wallet.dat file. If you have a password on your wallet then backup that data as well.

Step 1: Use a bootstrap file that has the blockchain downloaded till a specific date and replace that data with the one in the appdata/roaming/"btc-wallet" folder. Then you should resume downloading with a real advantage, you might only need to download something like 10% or less.

Another option is to just download Multibit and import your wallet.dat and password data. The blockchain syncing process on Multibit is pretty quick. If you are just sending quick transactions then forgetting about it then that software is pretty good.

If you want to be more secure then use Electrum like the user stated above.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4576

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:42:33 PM

Step 1: Use a bootstrap file that has the blockchain downloaded till a specific date and replace that data with the one in the appdata/roaming/"btc-wallet" folder. Then you should resume downloading with a real advantage, you might only need to download something like 10% or less.

This is horrible advice.

Do not do this unless you want to waste time taking longer to finish synchronizing.

Another option is to just download Multibit and import your . . . password data.

Stop.  Just stop trying to give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

Make sure you have backed up your wallet.dat file. If you have a password on your wallet then backup that data as well.

Another option is to just download Multibit and import your wallet.dat and password data. The blockchain syncing process on Multibit is pretty quick. If you are just sending quick transactions then forgetting about it then that software is pretty good.

If you want to be more secure then use Electrum like the user stated above.

Do not use a bootstrap file, that has been bad advice for nearly two years now. Syncing with bitcoin core is faster.  Likewise, pretty much the rest of the message is bad advice too.

Edit:
waveaddict is applying for a sig campaign which generally pays by the post, not matter how accurate or inaccurate they are.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: