Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: make no mistake... this is a revolution  (Read 5524 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:38:15 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 07:09:38 AM by molecular

make no mistake... this is a revolution

This is what I want to tell the power-elite and their puppets, the bankers and politicians:

YOU FUCKED UP,
THANK YOU.
WE'LL TAKE IT FROM HERE!

We are taking things in our own hands now: we are introducing a new kind of money. A free market money. We welcome all other sorts of money to enter the competition, the free market for moneys.

Ah, Bitcoin: It really is the peoples money. As Gregory Mannarino says: you have to be your own central bank. And that's what Bitcoin does: it enables us, the poeple, to be our own central banks, to take control of the medium of exchange and store of value we use in our lives. This doesn't mean we control the money supply in any direct way in the case of Bitcoin... it just means it's outside anyones reach to control it... a sound money.

Us bitcoiners, we are not fighting the establishment. We live by the rules as far as we can and are not aggressive. We just happen to use our own money, thanks.

Consider Bitcoin: Bitcoin is not about accumulating wealth, it's about freedom: freedom of economic interaction and freedom of speech (those are interdependant: you can't have one without the other).

Consider the economy: The economy consists of the people participating in it, not some corporate monopolists. So the performance of the economy should be measured in the happyness and well-being of the people, not some aggregate value called GDP.

Consider our current monetary system: The central banks of this world are executing a "race to the bottom" between their FIAT-Currencies in order to keep GDP up (among other things), causing severe distortions in the otherwise functioning economy. Misallocations of capital continually produce bubbles and false price signals. Saving (setting aside money for later) is made impossible, hence money is not withheld from immediate spending (not because of the immediate need for products/services, but because of artificial inlfation). Manipulatd interest rates send false signals to the economy to do the wrong thing. The economy is sick... sick with a bad kind of money.

Consider how far this fiat-money-regime has gotten us already: there are puppets of the power-elite installed in parliaments in Europe. A blatant disregard of democratic values. These "technocrats" are not elected by the people of the respective countries, yet there they are shaping policy, legislature and the regulatory environment in general. Manipulating the rules that govern the police and the military. They put these puppets there to execute their will. They just do it with no legitimation whatsoever for us to swallow. They don't care about us. They don't represent us. Hell, they don't even respect us. They don't care.

But I care. I represent myself and respect myself and care about myself. And I think most of you care about yourselves and represent and respect yourselves. If speaking to a broader audience I could probably say: Some of you just don't know what to do at this point. Some of you might not quite understand the Internet and Bitcoin as what they are: a tool to be used by the people to take back control. And I'm not talking about the internet of Facebook and Google, those have become surveillance tools. I'm talking about the internet that nurtures creativity and cultural development. I'm talking about the internet that enables you to find like-minded people distributed around the globe. I'm talking about the internet that allows anyone to publish without fear. I'm talking about the internet that allows people to have communication in private and the internet that allows us to share what we want to share. I'm talking about the internet that allows everyone to give money to anyone else... in private, with no oversight, regulation or accountability. I think this is a basic human right: the right to engage in voluntary [economic, social, sexual, intellectual or whatever kind of] interaction with other poeple on a self-chosen basis that is not governed by anyone but the participants themselves.

Consider what the regime will do next: Surveillance of every aspect of your life is prevalent. The war propaganda machinery has been started. At the end of most fiat currency regimes, there is a war. It's used (among other things) to cover up the scam and keep it going one more time.

I don't want there to be a fucking 3rd world war... and I don't think most of you do, either.

I think there's a way to avoid it: if we transition to using types of money that are not controlled by the power-elite quickly enough, they simply wont be able to finance a war.

State controlled capitalism is called fascism. What do we call capital-controlled statism? Well whatever it is: it's sucking the motherfucking life out of us and if continued will end badly.

The era of the Nationstate is ending... The era of the corporatocracy is ending,... actually the era of aristocracy or whatever the structure of the current power-elite is, is ending.

This is the era of the people. We are now in the unique situation to be able to take back and defend our basic human rights, for example the right to privacy both of individuals and of groups they might form. The Internet and cryptography empower us to do this.
The right to privacy, both in being and communication, is a privilege I am not willing to give up and one that I want everybody to have.
Cryptography and the net give us the power to exercise this right... we just need to actually do it.

I don't want to be a serf,.. a slave, told by some institutionalized asshole how to act and think. I don't think you do, either. I don't want to be controlled by mass-channeled propaganda. And I don't think you do, either. I don't want to be constantly monitored in all my moves and analyzed in all my emotional state and thoughts. I don't want to be controlled, I want to be free. And I think you want to be free, too.

So what to do?

Here are some rules I wish I would live by:
  • keep educating people about bitcoin and what it really is, freedom of speech, freedom of economic interaction.
  • try to live a prosperous life. seriously: look after yourself, then look after others.
  • don't work for or support more than necessary the government, police, military or monopolist corporation.
  • actively select the sources of your information, talk to people, connect to their hearts.
  • be open to everyone but critical of any information you receive
  • keep the internet alive and as free as possible for as many people as possible
  • use Bitcoin as much as possible
  • offer goods and services for bitcoin
  • help others to understand and accept Bitcoin
  • encourage others (and yourself) to trade, perform services and/or make contracts among individuals
  • don't evangelize Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a religion, just the currently best solution to a problem. Emphasize on currency competition and freedom of the people.
  • sell your bitcoins to anyone who wants to buy, but don't forget to re-stock
  • don't follow a leader, think for yourself
  • think... and feel... and be....
  • we are one world, all connected,... act accordingly and responsibly.
  • be not afraid, the greatest fear we have is fear itself.

All these cryptographic functions do not ensure your personal well-being per se.
All this digital gold does not make everyone equally wealthy,..
But what this cryptographic type of money does is to enable a functioning economy that serves the people who constitute it.
Those other problems will have to be fought in a differnt arena, not that of money.

I truly believe Bitcoin and the Internet empower us to ensure our freedom, well-being and prosperity of both the human culture/society and also of each of the individuals constituting it.

We just need to act accordingly...

We need to be the change we want to see!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:39:44 PM

I accidentally prematurely posted while still editing.

Well, I might still make changes to OP.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:42:55 PM

You prematurely elucidated?
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:46:38 PM

Comrade Lenin?  Shocked How are you???

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:47:11 PM

Comrade Lenin?  Shocked How are you???

fuck that, I'm a capitalist.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

You prematurely elucidated?

hopefully.

Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

You may want to rethink your slogan:

YOU FUCKED UP,
OUR TURN!

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:55:13 PM

YOU FUCKED UP,
OUR TURN!

why?

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:55:20 PM

YOU FUCKED UP,
OUR TURN!

Hmmm.  Yes, good point...

Good manifesto though.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
BTC Books

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:55:59 PM

"...Now it's OUR turn to fuck up."

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:57:11 PM

good point... suggestions?

yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:59:28 PM

Show your capital, capitalist Smiley))

BTC Books

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:59:35 PM

"You fucked up; now get out of our way." ?

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:01:56 PM

Fucked up, you have. Fix it, we must.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:06:26 PM

This is absolutely brilliant, molecular.  Great work!  Five stars!  Ten out of ten!  You've taken my, and most everyone's, thoughts and condensed them into this sweet little package.  From a glance, everything looks to be in order.  But I do agree, that first bit, "You fucked up, our turn!" implies it's time for us to fuck up Tongue  Perhaps "You fucked up, now we're in control?"  Not sure...

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

It's better, but I'm not content. Will change for now.

They're not in our way, that's why I don't like it... how about "now we try" or "let us try".

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:08:25 PM

This is absolutely brilliant, molecular.  Great work!  Five stars!  Ten out of ten!  You've taken my, and most everyone's, thoughts and condensed them into this sweet little package.  From a glance, everything looks to be in order.  But I do agree, that first bit, "You fucked up, our turn!" implies it's time for us to fuck up Tongue  Perhaps "You fucked up, now we're in control?"  Not sure...

Oh wow, thanks man! I'm not sure I would've even posted without accidentally clicking "post" instead of "preview".

Now I'm glad I did.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:09:44 PM

"NOW WE DO IT OURSELVES".... grr. still no good, is it?

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:10:36 PM

Show your capital, capitalist Smiley))

My capital are my skills, my knowledge and my friends.

BTC Books

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 09:11:03 PM

It's better, but I'm not content. Will change for now.

They're not in our way, that's why I don't like it... how about "now we try" or "let us try".

There is no 'try'.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: