Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty] 0.2 BTC - bitaddress.org Temp / Cache Files  (Read 2096 times)
Brixx (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Hi m8s, ive a problem and i hope someone can help me there.
Yesterday 18.09.16 5pm i generate 7 Paperwallets and send Coins to one. I use it yesterday 3 times and send some coins out and today i do the same 2 times.

After that i had a bad idea and replace the file on my windows because i overwrite a key from a other adress i need so i replace it with a old one... After click "Yes" i realize that ive kill my new address from yesterday ... -.-

Is there any way to get the Private Key back from the Wallet ? Internet Cache or Temp Files or any other way maybe ?
Is there someone who can help me or have a working idea to get the private Key back ill pay him a bounty 0.2 BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 01:30:30 PM

In order to have sent from that paper wallet, you need to have imported the private key into a wallet software. Do you still have that software? The private key should still be in that wallet.

Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:58:01 PM

It was only a TXT File where i save the data and send the txid's in raw out.

Maybe anyway to see the QR-Codes again ? or find the File in Google Chrome Cache/Temp ?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:05:33 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 06:15:02 PM by cr1776

Maybe anyway to see the QR-Codes again ? or find the File in Google Chrome Cache/Temp ?

So you replaced that text file that had the keys and QR codes?   You should (a) describe exactly what you did and (b) you might be able to use a file recovery program depending on exactly how you replaced the file (e.g. opened it and pasted new contents in there vs saved over it vs dragged in trash and deleted).  If you want hope of recovering it, you should stop using the computer right away so that the contents of the file have a smaller chance of being over-written.

As far as a browser cache, where you running in private mode etc?  Offline copy?  Online?
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 02:09:12 PM

Then what does
I use it yesterday 3 times and send some coins out
mean?

Did you send from the address in question?

Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:19:17 PM

Ill try it again :

Yesterday i visit bitaddress.org and generate a Paperwallet. I overwrite my old Desktop Note with the Address and the Key off the new Address. Yesterday i send 3 times from that Wallet and today also 2 times Coins out.

One Hour later i needed the old Wallet Address i have replace and was searching for a way to get it back...
I found the Windows Filre Replace with old version off it, so i replace the Desktop Note and get the old one from yesterday day back.

In this case the File was replaced to the old one, and the new data disappere and i dont save it -.-

Now im looking for a way to maybe recover the old/new file but its the same name like the new one:
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt

When you create a Paperwallet on bitaddress.org you get the Text (Address,Key) and 2 QR Picture for every Wallet you generate...
Maybe there is a way to find the pciture it in the Cache/Temp from Chrome ?

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 02:23:17 PM

Ill try it again :

Yesterday i visit bitaddress.org and generate a Paperwallet. I overwrite my old Desktop Note with the Address and the Key off the new Address. Yesterday i send 3 times from that Wallet and today also 2 times Coins out.

One Hour later i needed the old Wallet Address i have replace and was searching for a way to get it back...
I found the Windows Filre Replace with old version off it, so i replace the Desktop Note and get the old one from yesterday day back.

In this case the File was replaced to the old one, and the new data disappere and i dont save it -.-
So you have wallet A originally. Then you overwrite that with wallet B. From wallet B you have sent and received coins. Then you overwrite wallet B with wallet A. You now need to get wallet B. Yes?

If that is the case, you have sent and received from wallet B. In order to have done that you needed to have imported it into a wallet software. What did you use to send the Bitcoin?

Now im looking for a way to maybe recover the old/new file but its the same name like the new one:
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt

When you create a Paperwallet on bitaddress.org you get the Text (Address,Key) and 2 QR Picture for every Wallet you generate...
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure bitaddress does stuff to prevent things from being cached.

Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:33:53 PM

So you have wallet A originally. Then you overwrite that with wallet B. From wallet B you have sent and received coins. Then you overwrite wallet B with wallet A. You now need to get wallet B. Yes?

Yeah thats it, now i have Wallet A in my Sticky Note but no Address or Key from Wallet B.

The Address from Wallet B is 1CsqBDnwwKnQL5umvmFFFuRsxEkmCMak7b from where ill pay the bounty if there any help or way to get it back Sad

To send the Key out ive used coinb.in in raw so no wallet Software Sad
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:40:58 PM

That's dynamically generated by javascript in the browser so chrome is not going to cache that. I think you are out of luck on this one. I suggest writing it off as a loss.
Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:08:59 PM

That's dynamically generated by javascript in the browser so chrome is not going to cache that. I think you are out of luck on this one. I suggest writing it off as a loss.

Damn ! i was hoping that Chrome Cache the Pictures from the QR Codes or the Text File or any other Windows Process
maybe use the picture and temp or cache it anywhere, or the JS File with the "Data" they was shown to me  Sad
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 03:15:30 PM

Damn ! i was hoping that Chrome Cache the Pictures from the QR Codes or the Text File or any other Windows Process
maybe use the picture and temp or cache it anywhere, or the JS File with the "Data" they was shown to me  Sad
It's unlikely that is cached. I was unable to find anything in the chrome cache that had anything that bitaddress generated.

Try looking through the file history again. If it did backup wallet B before you overwrote it, you should be able to still access it.

Otherwise, the file is lost and unfortunately you won't be able to access your Bitcoin again.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:22:03 PM

Can you try and check "previous versions" of the entire drive on your computer and just open the folder if there is any shadow copy of your drive it should usually create a shadow copy when you overwrite or modify documents.
Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:26:57 PM

Can you try and check "previous versions" of the entire drive on your computer and just open the folder if there is any shadow copy of your drive it should usually create a shadow copy when you overwrite or modify documents.

That ive done before to get from B to A again... But when i look now there i can only pull the file from 16.09 but no Backup from 18 or 19 is availible Sad
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:44:04 PM

That ive done before to get from B to A again... But when i look now there i can only pull the file from 16.09 but no Backup from 18 or 19 is availible Sad

If the amount is considerable I'd suggest to shut down the PC right now then take the hard drive or your case to an expert there are tools to extract several shadow copies  only need the tools and knowledge, it would be better if you stop using your computer as it automatically replaces logs and folders daily and better not to do any other changes.

Yes there is a way to get it back you can also pay the bounty to the person who is going to fix your problem.

If you are not expert in  windows and recovery methods, do not go further with any advice online just let some one do it for you who knows  this stuff because I myself had similar issue and messed up everything.
Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:02:02 PM

Two questions.
1. How did you make the wallets.
2. Did you ever log in and check the balance.If you made the wallets online or used the internet to check the balances, there is a possible solution there, but unlikely. 

The Wallet was createt with bitaddress.org and used with coinb.in to send money out... Maybe there a local coinb.in temp / cache ?
Brixx (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:24:31 PM

Ive found this in my Chrome Logs : https://coinb.in/api/?uid=1&key=12345678901234567890123456789012&setmodule=addresses&request=unspent&address=1CsqBDnwwKnQL5umvmFFFuRsxEkmCMak7b

Maybe there is a Way to scan the Google History deep for Request or filled Forms ?  Huh Roll Eyes
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 12:41:00 PM

Ive found this in my Chrome Logs : https://coinb.in/api/?uid=1&key=12345678901234567890123456789012&setmodule=addresses&request=unspent&address=1CsqBDnwwKnQL5umvmFFFuRsxEkmCMak7b

Maybe there is a Way to scan the Google History deep for Request or filled Forms ?  Huh Roll Eyes
Sorry, but you are extremely unlikely to find anything related to your private keys in the browser cache. The sites you used are designed to be secure, and part of that means making sure that no sensitive information (e.g. private keys) is stored anywhere without the user's explicit permission. Thus you probably will not find it in your browser cache.

It is extremely likely that you have lost those Bitcoin. The only other thing I can suggest is that you try doing file recovery, but given that the file was both overwritten and that you have been using the computer, I would say that that is unlikely to result in anything useful.

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:51:05 PM

After reading all information now their is only one option left that is immediately shutdown the computer take the harddisk out and immediately take help from the Data Recovery Peoples, where are you from then i can tell where you can contact, if you are from india then i can help you out with Data recovery because i am computer engineer and i have done data recovery for like this problem but the chances are 50 50, as some time the file to that sector gets over written.

Now the only option is Data Recovery
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:53:30 PM

Yesterday 18.09.16 5pm i generate 7 Paperwallets and send Coins to one. I use it yesterday 3 times and send some coins out and today i do the same 2 times.

After that i had a bad idea and replace the file on my windows because i overwrite a key from a other adress i need so i replace it with a old one... After click "Yes" i realize that ive kill my new address from yesterday ... -.-

Is there any way to get the Private Key back from the Wallet ? Internet Cache or Temp Files or any other way maybe ?
Is there someone who can help me or have a working idea to get the private Key back ill pay him a bounty 0.2 BTC

All three browsers have software out there that can parse the password files.  Technically you are only seeing your saved passwords, but some browsers do not know how to handle sites with public/private key pairs and you may see your private key listed as a username in the listing. 
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 03:55:31 PM

All three browsers have software out there that can parse the password files.  Technically you are only seeing your saved passwords, but some browsers do not know how to handle sites with public/private key pairs and you may see your private key listed as a username in the listing. 
If he didn't have save passwords enabled, then that is useless. Also, browsers won't recognize every single input field as something for passwords. I don't think that will be useful here.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: