Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing my $2,000,000 Into bitcoin (advice me)  (Read 3565 times)
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:04:13 AM

funny how everybody thinks he must have made good business decisions and have a solid knowledge of financials because he made that much money.
what if he won or inherited the money? if you are smart enough to run a mining farm then you ask different questions. first you read more about bitcoin, then you buy a small miner and play around with it to get familiar.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:45:23 AM

What will be the monthly revenue?
What will be the yearly revenue?

Cost of maintenance?

TOTAL COST OF ELECTRICITY MONTHLY FOR ANY COMPANY OR INDUSTRY IN MY COUNTRY IS $4000
(electricity is cheap here)

Land (Space) have been bought by him

If you need to ask this questions on behalf of him, you should advice him to stop this idea.
Convince him to just buy bitcoins for 2 000 000 $, that is 1000 times easier to do, 1000 times safer than mining investmenet, 1000 times less complicated.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:33:25 AM

i don't know if it is a genuine question or is it just for trolling but 2 million dollars is a lot of money to invest in something that you don't have enough information and experience about. and i bet none of the users who replied so far have that kind of money or even if they have they never invested that kind of money so seeking advice here from inexperienced investors is not a good idea.

we can guide you will smaller amounts like <$50,000 investment.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:38:42 AM

A friend of my i introduced BTCbitcoin to in 2014 now want to invest $2,000,000 into bitcoin mining and his is asking me is bitcoin mining is still profitable?

I have drafted out my own list but i want advice from you all

This are some question he still asked me..

How much can he make from mining?
and what are the list of equipment we need to buy with the $2,000,000 for us to start mining?

Cost of maintenance?

TOTAL COST OF ELECTRICITY MONTHLY FOR ANY COMPANY OR INDUSTRY IN MY COUNTRY IS $4000

You can get money from bitmain if you referring your friend to buy mining hardware, i guess bitmain would give big discount for it and ask what's the best mining hard for now.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:41:26 AM

i don't know if it is a genuine question or is it just for trolling but 2 million dollars is a lot of money to invest in something that you don't have enough information and experience about. and i bet none of the users who replied so far have that kind of money or even if they have they never invested that kind of money so seeking advice here from inexperienced investors is not a good idea.

we can guide you will smaller amounts like <$50,000 investment.

Yeah and I am sure no one would be holding that high amount here and if he is having that huge amount then he should not seek advise from others but he should do his own research and follow is gut feeling.
ether19

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

BTC. ETC. EOS

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 08:45:53 AM

If you are for real then I suggest you partner with BITMAIN and start a mining field in China, I guess that is the only way you can expect to get some decent returns from the amount and even recover the amount if everything goes as planned. And reading the questions you have posted, I think your friend needs to do his homework if he is going to invest such a big amount. If I was he, I would buy bitcoins and invest some in upcoming altcoins and in good ICOs.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:56:34 AM

the OP doesnt have access to a friend with $2m..
he is just trying to up his rep so he can go on a money grab by asking for bitcoin off people.
(i presume he wants to use this topic to explan starting a server farm and later offer (vapour) cloud mining contracts to people)

many have noted his failed attempts in the past.

but the short answer to everyone speculating about mining,
unless you can buy a rig at 25% or less than the retail prices of a rig, it wont matter if you have free electric or not.
the difference between 20cnt/kwh and 5cent/kwh is only about $700 per rig over 6 months.
bitmain S9=$1600
electric in UK for 6 months= $900
electric in US for 6 months=$450
electric in asia for 6 months= $225

however if your paying retail price($1600) for a rig your already 5x worse off compared to the mining competitors who actually make their own rigs
bitmain/antpool make the rig for under $400.. in actual fact for every $1600 rig they sell to people, bitmain create atleast 4 rigs and hand out 1 to the customer and happily keep atleast 3 for themselves(for free essentially).

so even if you can get free electric. your still $1200-$1400 behind antpool before you even started.

trying to get your $1600(+free electric) back is not possible, based on difficulty and competitor hash power adjustments that slowing decline your rewards
trying to get your $1800(+asian electric) back is not possible, based on difficulty and competitor hash power adjustments that slowing decline your rewards
trying to get your $2000(+US electric) back is not possible, based on difficulty and competitor hash power adjustments that slowing decline your rewards
trying to get your $2500(+UK electric) back is not possible, based on difficulty and competitor hash power adjustments that slowing decline your rewards

non ASIC manufacturing people will not break even, the hope they have is just to mine bitcoin. not to pay off costs. but to hoard and hope one day the fiat price value doubles, triples and quadruples to then break even on the fiat price.

in short
if your spending bitcoin in hopes of mining more bitcoin, forget it.
if your spending fiat, to mine bitcoin in hopes waiting for bitcoin fiat value to give you more fiat, its possible. but you might aswell just buy bitcoin and hoard

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 501

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:06:31 PM

Hey,

Invest on forest, property (for rent), gold, oilfutures, mining hardware?

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:40:57 PM

Cost of maintenance?

If you need to ask this questions on behalf of him, you should advice him to stop this idea.
Convince him to just buy bitcoins for 2 000 000 $, that is 1000 times easier to do, 1000 times safer than mining investmenet, 1000 times less complicated.

I agree with this, its better to  buy directly into bitcoin rather than mining it since you would  surely cost on expenses on its maintainance for sure and also if you put all of those $2m in bitcoin then you also help the bitcoin ecosystem since it would increase its price when  you buy it one time.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:42:00 PM

If your friend really have that much, then I agree with you that mining is probably one of the best choice you can choose. Another option is to set up a secure and legit Bitcoin exchange platform.

Mining is a game of risk. If 'you' are lucky (total mining hashrate is not high), 'you' can earn a lot from it. If 'you' are unlucky, 'you' will lose a lot and waste your money in electricity and machines.

Setting up a Bitcoin exchange company, however, is a better alternative in term of risk. The only disadvantage as compared to what you asked is that the profit is not as big as mining due to that your friend need to attract new traders with low trading fees.

It is up to your friend. Do let us know what he have chosen to invest his 2 000 000 (USD?) in. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
beamforming2

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:45:57 PM

A friend of my i introduced BTCbitcoin to in 2014 now want to invest $2,000,000 into bitcoin mining and his is asking me is bitcoin mining is still profitable?

and what are the list of equipment we need to buy with the $2,000,000 for us to start mining?

Cost of maintenance?

NOw,the btc has half compare one month ago,but the price not double.now mining is not a good ideal i think otherwise you have cheap electronic!
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:46:16 PM

Its not smart to invest that high amount only in bitcoins as if price falls to extreme level in future then you would be loosing everything that you have, better choice is to invest in real estates.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:47:30 PM

Show proof of the cash Cheesy
But if you have them I'll guess be careful,it's a good think to buy BTC but we're talking about a lot of money here,I guess you should make really good research before making such a big decision

posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:13:50 PM

Cost of maintenance?

I don’t know about the mining part.  You could easily invest $2,000,000 in hardware, run off solar power and stay nice and cool, even make a dollar or two and then find the equipment to become outdated six months later. 
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

Show proof of the cash Cheesy
But if you have them I'll guess be careful,it's a good think to buy BTC but we're talking about a lot of money here,I guess you should make really good research before making such a big decision

That's true but it would be very risky if he invest all that money in bitcoins as we are not sure what future holds for us, it can go the  other way too which can make a huge loss which can never be recovered.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:36:05 PM

I do not think that what you are saying is true.  I do not know how did your friend acquire that $2M and he do not know how to invest it?  People who are rich do know how to make more money than all of us.  They are good in financial analysis and strategies.  If he have those huge amount of money he will not ask someone how to gain more through bitcoin.  I mean he will be using bitcoin to earn more but I think he will read more and search things connected to bitcoin by himself.  He knows exactly what to do and will not accept someone else's opinions since he had make or have that $2M.  He may go directly to companies who were into mining or investing.  And if he have $2M maybe he is more and far richer than those mining/investing sites around the net. 

True or not, that is a serious amount of money to be put in mining. I do not think he should be consulting a member rank only about this serious stuff. what I know with rich people are, they do not need to know everything or do everything in their business. What they do is they hire experts to do things for them. That is how they get rich. And if what he is telling is true, then I think that person has already hired an expert in bitcoin to do a feasible study for him.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:46:24 PM

spend the 2 million on something fun. once it's gone you'll have some cool memories. if the 2 million goes on mining you'll end up with a pile of useless machines when you figure out you can't compete with guys who live in warehouses next to dams in china.
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:57:54 PM

2 .000,000 dollars is big money for investing and i think you have not invest only one way and you can use this money 10 parts , if you do like this strategy for invest  you will not lost and you will earn more money.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:08:50 PM

You get a sense that the OP might not be really asking because he wants to know because of the fact that he, or his friend, has access to 2 million and doesn't know straight away what to do... It's very easy, catch a flight to China, buy land somewhere where the electric rates are a cent, build a small warehouse, hire someone to do the electrical install, buy used miners and off you go Cheesy
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:23:44 PM

You have to take into consideration the electricity costs and the expected gains given your hashrate power... is that simple. Then, have good faith in Bitcoin continuing going up in price which it will, and you'll be making profits.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: