Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet in bank?  (Read 6842 times)
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 03:35:41 AM

Do you think that one day you could open Bitcoin wallet in your bank, along with your.ordinary bank account? And will banks have their own wallets? Or maybe they already have? There are some rumors that some banks are preparing themselfes to addopt the Bitcoin and give it to their clients as a new service?
good idea , may be is bitcoin bank can help to further promote and develop what is bitcoin

What you are telling is to some extend good for new users who wanted legal status of bitcoin to use it . but for some users who dont want to get revealed about their identity and transaction they wont accept this idea as bitcoin itself is a bank and you can do online buying and selling goods

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 04:00:05 AM

Do you think that one day you could open Bitcoin wallet in your bank, along with your.ordinary bank account? And will banks have their own wallets? Or maybe they already have? There are some rumors that some banks are preparing themselfes to addopt the Bitcoin and give it to their clients as a new service?
good idea , may be is bitcoin bank can help to further promote and develop what is bitcoin

What you are telling is to some extend good for new users who wanted legal status of bitcoin to use it . but for some users who dont want to get revealed about their identity and transaction they wont accept this idea as bitcoin itself is a bank and you can do online buying and selling goods

bitcoin is not that anonymous that you can hide your identity by using it. it is psedo anonymous actually.
and besides using a bank is violating more than your privacy and identity, it is making you beg for your money from them.

There is a FOMO brewing...
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 05:10:10 AM

A online wallet connected in the bank is already happening now. But it is just for withdrawing purposes. The wallet site gives you an accouny and password then you will just have to input it at the nearest ATM machine that they own. I think that is a good step for now but do those banks know that they are dealing with a bitcoin withdrawal or the wallet site just have a large number of money in their account. I kept thinking about that.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 06:06:36 AM

bitcoin is not that anonymous that you can hide your identity by using it. it is psedo anonymous actually.
and besides using a bank is violating more than your privacy and identity, it is making you beg for your money from them.
Bank will not violate our privacy if they have complied to the rules of the government, they know our identify because we entrust our money with them and they should not share our identity so others will bad minds will not interest of stealing our money.
uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:26:46 AM

I strongly agree if bitcoin adopt the banking system. with so many more people trust and feel safe using bitcoin.
but must remain institution that regulates all of it, it will make bitcoin is growing.
I think it's reversed, it must begin to adopt bitcoin bank, at least to add or withdraw a deposit system to bitcoin, of course it will provide convenience for users bitcoin

ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 11:39:41 PM

Bank will not violate our privacy if they have complied to the rules of the government, they know our identify because we entrust our money with them and they should not share our identity so others will bad minds will not interest of stealing our money.
I think there is no guarantee that your identity will be kept safe and secure. there are times that the government or security instanso require banks to provide all the data of their customers and the bank had to obey it.
so actually there is no privacy for everyone in the bank. I think bitcoin will not be able implemented to the bank

groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:20:16 AM

Do you think that one day you could open Bitcoin wallet in your bank, along with your.ordinary bank account? And will banks have their own wallets?

I don't think this can ever happen. bitcoin is good as long as it is decentralized. also bitcoin is designed this way to help you not need banks and do everything yourself so why would anyone want to go back to using banks is beyond me!

but then again I see services like coinbase which are technically a bank!

Or maybe they already have? There are some rumors that some banks are preparing themselfes to addopt the Bitcoin and give it to their clients as a new service?

where are those rumors?
what I have heard so far is that banks want to adopt "blockchain" not bitcoin.

You have to realize some people are incompetent to handle their own money.

I agree that banks are not needed to handle our bitcoin wallets. Since bitcoin as mentioned is designed in a decentralized form so there will be no need to have a prime authority over it. For me, my bitcoin wallet is already my own bank since I'm using it in safekeeping my bitcoins. Yet we have to admit that there are people who are not that skillful in managing their money, so maybe a bitcoin wallet in a bank could be practical thing for them.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:42:32 AM

I strongly agree if bitcoin adopt the banking system. with so many more people trust and feel safe using bitcoin.
but must remain institution that regulates all of it, it will make bitcoin is growing.
I think it's reversed, it must begin to adopt bitcoin bank, at least to add or withdraw a deposit system to bitcoin, of course it will provide convenience for users bitcoin
I think government do not fully adopt the bitcoin because bitcoin do not have physical money it is just digital, that is why i do not think there will be bitcoin wallet in the bank even in the future.
arransiv

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 04:09:29 AM

You can put your paper wallet in a safe box in a bank however I think it's more safe you hold it with yourself.
Just trust no one and always have control of your life.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 05:11:26 AM

I think government do not fully adopt the bitcoin because bitcoin do not have physical money it is just digital, that is why i do not think there will be bitcoin wallet in the bank even in the future.
But banks and governments are getting digitized even in under developed countries due to its efficiency. So, there will not be a surprises that in future banks offer only digital financial support like internet and mobile banking facilities. So, there are lot of possibilities for banks and governments may adopt bitcoin for their conveniences.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 05:16:08 AM

You have no idea that current banking system is an illusion of stability and safety. I read article about Indian TV show presenting bitcoin to the people.  
I learned there that if 3% of people withdrew their money from their banks whole system would collapse.
In addition to that - Banks don't have the money stored in their vaults - money is used as investment instead.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 05:38:37 AM

I dont think  government  would allow this  kind  of   law or   implementation   because   fiat would  really  be affected  if   the people  of  certain country   would switch  to  bitcoin  economic state  would really be  unstable  on that country. Same as  other members  mentioned  here and  i  really agree  to that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███