Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo Launches Fundraising Campaign after Destroying Holdings worth $146m  (Read 609 times)
Synereo_zh (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:55:18 AM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/09/20/synereo-launches-fundraising-campaign-destroying-holdings-worth-146m/

Decentralised social network Synereo yesterday announced the launch of its second fundraising campaign, in which it plans to sell a limited amount of company’s equities and native cryptocurrency AMP to general public.

The campaign means to compensate for 50% of Synereo’s AMP holdings that were recently destroyed following a strategic decision. The Tel Aviv-based blockchain startup said in a recent press statement that it does not aim to maintain an “entrenched, centralised position”. But instead, it believes in maintaining the network’s non-ownership status.

“It would not make sense,” Don Konforty, Synereo CEO, elaborated. “It was never our intention to be the central bank for our currency. Such centralisation goes against the very principles Synereo stands for, but merely standing for principles is not enough.”

“That is why we want to distribute AMPs as soon as we can, to begin establishing a truly decentralised economy.”

Synereo, in line with its CEO’s statements, started its campaign on September 19th, which will now run until October 18th. The company now allows participation through three channels:

On BnkToTheFuture.com – Where qualifying investors can purchase shares of Synereo LTD and AMPs can be bought with bank transfers, credit cards, Bitcoin, and alt-coins.
On Synereo’s sales page – Where AMPs can be bought directly and anonymously with Bitcoin
And on Yunbi, hosting Synereo’s AMP sale for the Chinese community.
Synereo reportedly has raised $2 million within just first six hours of the sale launch/

Price and Bonuses

During the next 30 days, Synereo plans to sell its equites and AMPs for a fixed price, as detailed in this link. The proposed price, meanwhile, will go up in three tiers as the campaign moves toward maturity.

The first tier, between September 19 and October 2, will have AMPs being sold for 33000 satoshi per unit. In the second tier, from October 3 to October 9, the AMPs will be offered for 36500 Satoshi per unit. While in the third and the last tier, from October 10 to October 18, AMPs will be offered for 40000 satoshi per unit.

Synereo has also introduced bonuses based on the total amount purchased, the details of which are available in this link.

Future Plans

Synereo plans to use the raised funds to boost the development efforts of Tech Stack, hire more developers, and improve the developers tools needed to build smart applications on the top of Synereo blockchain. The company added:

“There are many challenges ahead, and a lot to be done before we can really put a dent in the “sharing economy”, eventually replacing it with a decentralised economy – but it is happening, and we invite you to be part of this groundbreaking endeavour.”

Join our slack where the conversation is happening http://slack.synereo.com/
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:16:44 PM

Nice to see.  Your coin/project seems to do well now.  Lucky are those who got AMP very cheap last 6-8 months.  Price already up but u still have long way to go for relesing your work.  I hope it does well, I hold mine tight on exch (didnt buy crowdsale).  You are my second highest coin after WBB Cheesy
Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:26:58 PM

They destroyed $0 because they could never sell any of that plus the remaining humongous premine they left for themselves.

Honestly speaking I don't care what this coin is I took a glance at the monetary policy and it was freaking ridiculous. They could've raised much more money than they will now without screwing over every investor if they weren't so greedy.

The only people who really feel like they destroyed $146million are themselves and the investors who celebrate this doesn't understand dilution. Really if there is any worth to whatever OS technology they end up with somebody will fork it and offer investors a better deal. This doesn't happen successfully on other coins but most other coins aren't money grabs that leave investors hanging they're just money grabs.

At current prices and after diluting the market with the rest of the coins you hold it would be some 500,000 BTC/$280M+ market cap.

Obviously should the market appreciate more in price before significant dilution occurs which doesn't seem implausible given that it is at $11M market cap then that market cap quickly becomes even more ridiculous.

I don't like this humongous premine you've given yourself as it makes price discovery impossible and it is not prudent for Polo to list this given the small float available to investors to trade. I also see that you're selling AMPs OTC here https://blog.synereo.com/purchase-amps/ which tells me this won't be a 'Steem' appreciation like some think since dilution is already occurring and it also tells me there is a number of deals not public.

When it comes appcoins I prefer a ICO which sells out at least a majority of the supply from the get go but obviously I prefer much more than that to be distributed. And then raise additional capital from company shares which is the only sustainable way to do it long-term. I like the idea and I spent the evening reading up but the coming dilution is too much for me to swallow so I am not investing anything into AMPs.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:41:26 PM

So new AMP are now on sale from 33k-40k satoshi. How many are on sale?

Where 62,585,264 AMP come from. Or better question at what price and when  they were sold?
Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 04:03:00 PM

somebody will fork it and offer investors a better deal. This doesn't happen successfully on other coins but most other coins aren't money grabs that leave investors hanging they're just money grabs.

Nobody is smart enough to fork Synereo, these guys are geniuses.

So you're saying that Satoshi is a retard.

twitter.com/erikledgers
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:26:35 AM

At the current rate the crowdsale is going to be over in three days, not thirty.  This crowdsale is beating all expectation.  They've raised over $3M USD in less than 24 hrs.  Imo, soon AMPs will be trading way over the current crowdsale price of 33k sats.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
ccedk_pr

Activity: 1064
Merit: 509

https://dex.openledger.io/ Truly Decentralized

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 12:33:00 PM

Synereo and OpenLedger: Welcome Synergy and Collective Growth

From now OpenLedger supports Synereo - a Tel-Aviv based company which develops a decentralized tech stack, allowing web applications to exist without centralized servers. Most importantly, Synereo is currently building a reputation-based social network.

What does that mean for OpenLedger though?

Many crypto-currency enthusiasts are constantly looking for the most up-to-date information about new ICOs or what is happening in digital currency, and Synereo can be that hub.

Synereo is building the first fully decentralized social network. The social network is part of the overall larger project which is a decentralized web. The team is been building RChain and the tech stack that is the first scalable blockchain platform to meet the demands of the current internet. It is run on AMP has inherent value in both the social layer, and running the blockchain protocol.

Sources of AMP Value

Demand for AMPs originates from 3 main sources:

AMPs will be the fuel for Synereo’s Virtual Machine, and as such are provided as a fee every time someone accesses your node to perform a computational operation, store information, or retrieve that information.

AMPs will be the staking currency of Synereo’s Proof-of-Stake consensus protocol, fronted by validators participating in the Blockchain assembly process.

AMPs lay at the foundation of Synereo’s Attention Economy and can be used to Amplify promoted content — to compensate other users for their attention.

Recently Synereo burned 50% of its total supply prior to  its second round of crowdfunding to begin September 19th at 8:00PM PST (September 20th 03:00 GMT. There is a bonus opportunity for the first 24 hours.)

Discover Synereo Video
Synereo - Plug into the Emerging, Decentralized Economy
Click the picture to watch

Find out more about Synereo:

Synereo raises $1.2 Million to Fix the Internet

The (re-)Birth of the World Computer

As OpenLedger grows and scales up with new fintech startups, Synereo could potentially be the social network that becomes the new backbone of crypto-knowledge. Hence, starting today (19th of September) we’ll be uniting our powers towards an overarching goal of two integrated organisations and an abundance of cross promotion activities.

As part of our collaboration with the Synereo team, we have listed AMP on OpenLedger, and it is now possible to both deposit and withdraw automatically without delays. This means that you can trade AMP on the DEX listed as OPEN.AMP. To top it all off, we have listed all other OMNI related assets and are now made available for trading (eg. MaidSafe, Agoras Tokens, Tether USDT, EURT and OMNI itself).

BTS market:
https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.AMP_BTS

BTC market: https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.AMP_OPEN.BTC

OBITS market: https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/OPEN.AMP_OBITS

Available NOW

Happy trading!

Check out our SteemIt Article about OpenLedger and Synereo:

https://steemit.com/blockchain/@bloggersclub/synereo-and-openledger-welcome-synergy-and-collective-growth

Facebook :: Twitter :: LinkedIn :: Youtube
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: