Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:25:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else use Blockchain for watch only ?  (Read 1053 times)
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:19:10 PM

I am using set of addresses as watch only wallets but in Electrum wallet. By having this watch only facility I am able to track my cold storage address effectively.

Before this I had habits of tracking my cold storage address through block explorers, summing up balances and having outline on how much I am earning through signature campaign, faucets and trading becoming easy and convenient by having Electrum's watch only feature.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:07:10 PM

I have been using blockchain.info mobile wallet for watch only paper wallets for years now, is anyone else doing the same?
Wait,how did you make a watch only wallet out of blockchain.info ? Did you download the private keys and printed it on paper ? Dude,the coins are still on the online wallet,very prone to all sort of attacks.Better download a desktop offline wallet.
Icathia

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

I have been using blockchain.info mobile wallet for watch only paper wallets for years now, is anyone else doing the same?
Wait,how did you make a watch only wallet out of blockchain.info ? Did you download the private keys and printed it on paper ? Dude,the coins are still on the online wallet,very prone to all sort of attacks.Better download a desktop offline wallet.

Indeed you can than better just download an offline wallet because this would just not be smart to do at all.
I think you are than giving yourself more work than normally.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:34:17 PM

Indeed you can than better just download an offline wallet because this would just not be smart to do at all.
I think you are than giving yourself more work than normally.
I also think that an offline wallet is better, take a paper wallet as a example its a safe way and also a very good way to store your bitcoins these days.
I really think that offline wallets are always better than online but online are just easy to manage.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 08:57:29 PM

No  I do not use it too watch, I also use it to pay things with because with an online wallet this is done pretty easy.
I think that its also the question how do you really use to watch ??
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: