Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:04:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else use Blockchain for watch only ?  (Read 1016 times)
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:19:10 PM

I am using set of addresses as watch only wallets but in Electrum wallet. By having this watch only facility I am able to track my cold storage address effectively.

Before this I had habits of tracking my cold storage address through block explorers, summing up balances and having outline on how much I am earning through signature campaign, faucets and trading becoming easy and convenient by having Electrum's watch only feature.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:07:10 PM

I have been using blockchain.info mobile wallet for watch only paper wallets for years now, is anyone else doing the same?
Wait,how did you make a watch only wallet out of blockchain.info ? Did you download the private keys and printed it on paper ? Dude,the coins are still on the online wallet,very prone to all sort of attacks.Better download a desktop offline wallet.
Icathia

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:30:13 PM

I have been using blockchain.info mobile wallet for watch only paper wallets for years now, is anyone else doing the same?
Wait,how did you make a watch only wallet out of blockchain.info ? Did you download the private keys and printed it on paper ? Dude,the coins are still on the online wallet,very prone to all sort of attacks.Better download a desktop offline wallet.

Indeed you can than better just download an offline wallet because this would just not be smart to do at all.
I think you are than giving yourself more work than normally.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 10:34:17 PM

Indeed you can than better just download an offline wallet because this would just not be smart to do at all.
I think you are than giving yourself more work than normally.
I also think that an offline wallet is better, take a paper wallet as a example its a safe way and also a very good way to store your bitcoins these days.
I really think that offline wallets are always better than online but online are just easy to manage.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 08:57:29 PM

No  I do not use it too watch, I also use it to pay things with because with an online wallet this is done pretty easy.
I think that its also the question how do you really use to watch ??
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: