Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for 15 BTC loan  (Read 5118 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:35:37 AM

heh.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:21:16 PM

Though I initially listed Mosper as a possible scammer in the list where I keep track of such users (see sig), I'm hesitant to flag him as a scammer since, as in SynOps case, he seems to be making an honest effort of paying back his lenders, but the rising exchange rate of a Bitcoin has become on obstacle. Mosper, please keep the lenders updated. I want to see you on the green list Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:24:11 PM

Though I initially listed Mosper as a possible scammer in the list where I keep track of such users (see sig), I'm hesitant to flag him as a scammer since, as in SynOps case, he seems to be making an honest effort of paying back his lenders, but the rising exchange rate of a Bitcoin has become on obstacle. Mosper, please keep the lenders updated. I want to see you on the green list Smiley

But... The guy is shorting bitcoins... Seriously?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

But... The guy is shorting bitcoins... Seriously?

Is he? I haven't followed along with the nitty gritty details, but I don't care how he pays it back (unless it's a robbing Peter to pay Paul sort of thing), just so long as he pays it back.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Mosper (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:46:01 AM

I am trying yea. I made a mistake and got caught with my pants down 100%. I did not anticipate the level to which mtgox would become broken during heavy activity and it really really bit me in the ass. I have been in the process of starting a business separate of all this activity and that is very nearly ready to launch and should turn very good profits. I am sorry again to people waiting on BTC from me I am doing everything I can to get it to you. I would have made partial payments but with BTC skyrocketing I can pay you back faster just putting what liquid money I do have into inventory and flipping that for profit as quickly as possible.

edit: and I was shorting bitcoins on very short scales (to the tunes of tens of minutes mostly) and it was going great until mtgox lag shot up through the roof and it started 502ing. Fun fact: MtGox backend still seems to process buy/sell orders but won't let you make or cancel them. I am mostly sticking to commenting on BTCJam but as I have said before I do work two jobs and I am now starting a personal business and trying to make this money back for my investors. I am VERY VERY busy so I apologize for delays in responses. I haven't run off or abandoned my account like mlawrence+gang is so hoping I would.

edit: I also put $100 into chips on SWC since people would sell for paypal there and am slowly grinding that up. I will start making small partial payments from those winnings soon. I am a very good poker player and am actually rusty because I haven't been able to play online in years so I will rapidly get better than I am now. I've only been playing for a couple of days and you can see here: http://www.bitcoinpokerblog.com/index.php?p=148&lid=8 I am already closing in on player of the month. I am not joking when I say I am very good at no limit holdem. You will start seeing some btc flowing into the BTCJam loan very soon.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

Mosper - Can you give us an update on the 15BTC btcjam 7 day loan? It is a week overdue now. I invested 4BTC.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:44:03 PM

Shorting in a raging bull market. Whatever next.  Roll Eyes

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 03:30:30 PM

Mosper - Can you give us an update on the 15BTC btcjam 7 day loan? It is a week overdue now. I invested 4BTC.

Mosper spent your coins like they were his - he has less than 5btc left.  Now he is at least $1200 short on becoming whole again.

Since he thinks he is better and we are all beneath him, it is much more likely he will choose to keep that $1200 and create a new forum account for free.  After all, he can put the money to better use than you would.

He may continue to string you along, but the coins are gone.  Next time don't fall for such an obvious ponzi scheme.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:48:02 PM

It's just easier to run off and not pay you back.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:47:53 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 01:04:23 AM by Matthew N. Wright

After much thought and research I have made the decision to cover this loan for Mosper as he is currently working on a freelance project for me and I cannot have him distracted by threats and abuse (which he somewhat deserves for this reckless loan). The BTCJam account was funded and is now waiting for confirmation before it automatically makes the final payments necessary the loan has now been paid in full.

Disclaimer:
I lay no claim to his intentions when making this loan as I have nothing to do with it, and will report later if indeed Mosper turns out to be a scammer (I have a fair amount of documentation on him). It is my sincere hope he will prove himself in areas he is actually skilled at rather than "Jr. day trader". That said, I do not represent him, recommend him nor lend him reputation, and my actions should not be used to gauge further investments, loans, etc in this individual.

Reasoning:
This is akin to me helping a pizza delivery employee pay off the crappy used car they use for deliveries, basically. I'd rather the debt stay with me, where he is paid, than have pizza customers unable to buy pizza in the first place.

Mosper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:05:21 AM

Thanks a lot Matthew. I appreciate the help recovering from my, in retrospect, unwise decisions. Sorry again to my investors and another thanks for Matthew helping make them whole when it was going to take me awhile to do it on my own.

Hopefully this will teach the very very obnoxious brigade of finger pointers and accusers a lesson in not being obnoxious and presumptuous. I have learned my lesson. Hopefully you've learned yours.

mrbrt

Activity: 707

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:10:09 AM

I can confirm that the loan has been repaid on btcjam.
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:36:46 PM

Thanks a lot Matthew. I appreciate the help recovering from my, in retrospect, unwise decisions. Sorry again to my investors and another thanks for Matthew helping make them whole when it was going to take me awhile to do it on my own.

Hopefully this will teach the very very obnoxious brigade of finger pointers and accusers a lesson in not being obnoxious and presumptuous. I have learned my lesson. Hopefully you've learned yours.

Oh, I'm sure they have.  Nothing says "trustworthy" like someone else paying your debt.   Roll Eyes

Hey, at least your arrogance came through intact.   Grin
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:35:31 PM

So you've recklessly gambled other peoples money. Lost the lot. Now get a bailout.

Mmmmm, you should apply for a job as a banker.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:40:12 PM

Oh, I'm sure they have.  Nothing says "trustworthy" like someone else paying your debt.   Roll Eyes

Hey, at least your arrogance came through intact.   Grin

Oh he had posted a lot more before deleting them. I was amazed at that blabbermouth.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:00:00 PM

Oh he had posted a lot more before deleting them. I was amazed at that blabbermouth.

Yep, I saw them too.  A lot of "I'm still better than all of you even though I can't pay what I owe!"

I wonder how much of a welfare drain this guy's family is on the system...

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Mosper (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:54:50 AM

It wouldn't have mattered how I achieved paying it back you'd have found some way to insult me and my efforts. You should take queues from my investors as it isn't your place to decide what I have and haven't done.  Your assertion, about every single loan I listed, was that I obviously would run off with the money and abandon my account. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong? Because even with all of this money you talk about having you still have nothing in your life but this delusion of grandeur regarding your self-appointed position as scammer identifying savant and guardian of the lending forum. I have been nothing but honest and upfront with my investors. Whatever your opinion on how the loan was repaid you were wrong that it wouldn't be repaid (every single time I've taken a loan I might add. 8 times now you have been completely and unarguably wrong.).

It reflects poorly on bitcoin as a whole, being that this is the central place for bitcoin discussion, that you and your group of lackies are allowed to accuse and troll unchecked by the moderation team. That obviously isn't going to change and being that bitcoin is founded squarely in the internet I guess it was inevitable that those who rose to influence in the realm would be poor diplomats for what is an ultimately novel and likely to be very influential idea/concept.

Your dissonance and confirmation bias will protect you from the embarrassment you should feel but I take solace in the fact that it is obvious to most observers.

Good day.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:59:21 AM

It wouldn't have mattered I achieved paying it back you'd have found some way to insult me and my efforts. You should take queues from my investors as it isn't your place to decide what I have and haven't done.

... says the coprophagous man
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:05:44 PM

He transfers his debt from one group of people to another, and he thinks he has "paid it back".   Wink

Mosper (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Keep moving those goalposts. You're a sad little man. Pathetic obnoxious little worm. Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: