Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how Bitstamp gave me bad service!  (Read 873 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:15:55 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2013, 02:45:24 PM by tysat

the other day when we had the "flash crash" i sold at 95 usd watched it go down till it hit eighty saw it turn up down up down then at 83 i tried to buy.... i couldn't?!? bit stamp and mt gox were lagging so bad!

so I kept at it 84 nothen 85 nothen. computer would load bitstamp but just not all the way. couldnt enter the amount i wanted to buy in the amount box. auhhhhhh i screamed at my computer. i decided to hurry and run to another one.

this one was brand new and supper fast. logged on to bitstamp and again same thing trying like hell to buy but by the time i bought it was at 92. so from 82 to 92 is ten dollars per bit i was trying like hell to buy 100. thats a thousand dollars i lost not because i missed the bounce or didn't sell high but because these POS sights cant handle the traffic.

im so sick of all the sights like mt gox, bitstamp....( ok so just two but still) lagging when i want to buy or sell. I wish they would get there shit together and make it more professional.  

tell me what you think please:)

MOD EDIT:
Changed the title so it's less misleading
lucif

Activity: 462

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:34:43 AM

They were under ddos. As well as others. Yeah, I also didnt get few $100s of profits.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 12:59:44 AM

They were under ddos. As well as others. Yeah, I also didnt get few $100s of profits.

sorry im a noob but what is ddos?
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:05:34 AM

BTW you and Vladamir always have good points to make on the forums. just saying Cheesy
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:48:20 AM

Distributed Denial Of Service attack. A hacker has control of many machines over the internet and uses them to flood a site with web traffic until is slows down.

XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:01:32 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2013, 02:44:40 PM by tysat

Distributed Denial Of Service attack. A hacker has control of many machines over the internet and uses them to flood a site with web traffic until is slows down.

how can websites protect against this? Huh
NABiT

Activity: 333
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:33:00 AM

Maybe a good idea to have a few limit orders in to cover these occasions, I had a few small ones in at Bitstamp, all filled.
funkimon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

Title is a bit misleading there. They hardly robbed you. They failed to provide there service and you missed out. Thats different to being robbed.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:24:23 PM

Title is a bit misleading there. They hardly robbed you. They failed to provide there service and you missed out. Thats different to being robbed.

yes I can see how that may have been a bit strong in the title, but if there was a run on any bank and you were first in line maybe second and the "security guards" let almost everyone else in but you and when you went to get your money it was worth an incredible amount less. this is some form of robbery. you may want to say they didnt provide service but going to mc fatties and ordering a double mc fattie fattie and they wouldn't serve you is not providing service. if you loose a lot of money because THEY wont let me access MY money then it is a form of robbery if you ask me.

but if you want to stick up for them that is fine, one day it will happen to you and you will not say "what the f i just got robbed!" you will simply smile and say oh shucks im being denied service to my money......better go on the forums and make sure I stick up for this wonderful company. hooray I love loosing money."
Liam W

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 05:35:17 PM

It spelt sites.... Wink

And dDOS is where loads of people send loads of traffic to a server in the hope of overwhelming it's network connection and bringing it down. Something that's very hard to stop, unless you have a hardware failsafe in place.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:53:57 PM

It spelt sites.... Wink

And dDOS is where loads of people send loads of traffic to a server in the hope of overwhelming it's network connection and bringing it down. Something that's very hard to stop, unless you have a hardware failsafe in place.

haha my spelling sucks even with spell check  Tongue

ok I probably sound madder than I really am but what happens as bitcoins get bigger and bigger? just more people getting screwed?

I just want bitcoin to succeed, and yes it all ready has and is most likely going to, but we gotta talk about these issues when they happen, not just turn a blind eye
Liam W

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 05:55:45 PM

It spelt sites.... Wink

haha my spelling sucks even with spell check  Tongue

ok I probably sound madder than I really am but what happens as bitcoins get bigger and bigger? just more people getting screwed?

I just want bitcoin to succeed, and yes it all ready has and is most likely going to, but we gotta talk about these issues when they happen, not just turn a blind eye

Well, as the BTC gets bigger and bigger, more and more people will be using it. This means people would be more likely to attack it.

However, as more people are piling their money into the exchanges, they'll have more money to upgrade their servers Wink
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:51:44 PM

Exchanges, like all websites, cannot operate perfectly 100% of the time.  Sometimes, @#$# happens.

Bitstamp has provided me with nothing but great service.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:14:35 PM

Exchanges, like all websites, cannot operate perfectly 100% of the time.  Sometimes, @#$# happens.

Bitstamp has provided me with nothing but great service.

yes in normal times yes it does, when you can make money or want to use the site for what its there for ( they do make money off this.... its not like its a free service) they are not available?Huh

when I get a bill for a service like my power bill and i dont pay it ill just say sorry shit happens. haha please

funkimon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:42:47 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 01:13:13 AM by tysat

when I get a bill for a service like my power bill and i dont pay it ill just say sorry shit happens. haha please

r

You are not forced to use bitstamp to trade its your choice, Its completely different to using a power company and not paying. That makes no sense and is random as.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: