Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods mods mods  (Read 584 times)
ncrixz (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:11:49 PM

Does the mods even work here or have they sold there accounts for bitcoins too?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:12:55 PM

Should be in Meta unless this is a joke I suppose.

I haven't heard of any moderators selling their accounts. If they did, I suppose they would ask Theymos to remove them from a moderator position first.
ncrixz (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:20:31 PM

Should be in Meta unless this is a joke I suppose.

I haven't heard of any moderators selling their accounts. If they did, I suppose they would ask Theymos to remove them from a moderator position first.

Oh finally one woke up. Can I tip some advice to reduce scammers ?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:24:22 PM

Oh finally one woke up. Can I tip some advice to reduce scammers ?

Sure thing. On an unrelated note, making a thread in the computer hardware section named "Mods mods mods" isn't typically the best way to get a fast response. As much as I'd like to take credit for a 1 minute response time, it was entirely luck. Moderators don't typically refresh the pages of their sections every minute looking for tips.

Next time, try posting in meta if its a forum related concern. PMing an appropriate moderator, or reporting the post/thread if thats the appropriate course of action. In your case, if you wanted to suggest tips on how to reduce scammers, posting in Meta would be the place to do so.
ncrixz (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:29:50 PM

Separate the buyer and seller account put additonal verification documents for seller before he can post an ad. And suspend a seller account if there is a dispute so he may no longer scam anymore people.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:38:02 PM

Separate the buyer and seller account put additonal verification documents for seller before he can post an ad. And suspend a seller account if there is a dispute so he may no longer scam anymore people.

The issue with that, is this isn't an auction site or online retail site. There are no buyer/seller accounts, just regular forum accounts. Aside from the change in services that would need to be provided here, that would actually open up a whole mess of legal trouble. If you want a safe buying/selling experience, use a market platform. This is just a forum, people can post classified if they want, but moderators don't do much in the market section besides help people put their threads in the right place.
ncrixz (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:00:58 PM

The issue with that, is this isn't an auction site or online retail site. There are no buyer/seller accounts, just regular forum accounts. Aside from the change in services that would need to be provided here, that would actually open up a whole mess of legal trouble. If you want a safe buying/selling experience, use a market platform. This is just a forum, people can post classified if they want, but moderators don't do much in the market section besides help people put their threads in the right place.

So can a notice board tell you where to put something. You must atlesst make a list of trusted sellers
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:23:21 PM

So can a notice board tell you where to put something. You must atlesst make a list of trusted sellers

Well, it should be easy enough to categorize where people should post things, but occasionally people either don't know a section exists, theres some ambiguity in the subject matter, or they just don't care, and things are put out of place.

So heres my hypothetical for a list of trusted sellers:

Of course me!
anyone who secretly sends me a pm and a fee!
longtime trustworthy members to disguise those that pay me that fee

Two of those three categories are an issue. Moderators aren't screened for trustworthiness before they are made moderators. The only thing they need is to be understanding of the rules and some interpersonal skills. They should not be in charge of regulating business.

The best solution is for people to do their own due diligence and use escrow.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:30:31 PM

Separate the buyer and seller account put additonal verification documents for seller before he can post an ad. And 
You do realize this is a forum ? Not a exchange.If you're that much concerned about the verification,maybe just don't trade here ?

suspend a seller account if there is a dispute so he may no longer scam anymore people.
he will buy or create a new account and continue scamming ?

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:36:23 PM

Does the mods even work here or have they sold there accounts for bitcoins too?
Just so you know not everyone here in the forum is here just to farm account and sell the accounts later. Some people are wre actually for plain bitcoin discussions and the mods are here to keep the forum from being a mess.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:49:50 AM

What's wrong with this picture?

1. You think that the mods have no dignity at all and will sell their accounts for money and kicks.
2. Theymos will check IP changes, password changes, etc of his staff.
3. This is a forum, not a trading site. Honestly I only trade here because people are super relatable.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: