Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are the feds buying bitcoins?  (Read 1271 times)
hammurabi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 08:45:37 PM

Feds cannot just buy an uncertain thing. It is public money and its spending is regulated, I belive.
If bitcoin fails for some reason who will be responsible for buying them ?!
Such action could trigger a death sentence in money oriented country like United States of Dollarica ;]

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:34:25 PM

Feds cannot just buy an uncertain thing. It is public money and its spending is regulated, I belive.
If bitcoin fails for some reason who will be responsible for buying them ?!
Such action could trigger a death sentence in money oriented country like United States of Dollarica ;]

im sorry but im talking about the federal reserve. the ones who print the money. the government buys there printed money. they are no more federal government than fedex. they do not answer to anybody. they are absolutly not at all the government or elected people. please educate yourself on this.
MegaCrayg

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:31:04 PM

[The Federal Reserve is] no more federal government than fedex. they do not answer to anybody. they are absolutly not at all the government or elected people. please educate yourself on this.
[/quote]

You are absolutely, positively, spot on and I thank you for reiterating what I fail to mention as I have lost much faith in my fellow citizens.  Thank you.
hammurabi

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:52:40 AM

I am not from America and thus not interested in very detail.
Even if they (feds or whatever) can buy bitcoins right away they will be still limited by many other factors.
Like company policy, modeling, prediction and analysis. It cannot be done in a matter of days. They still will have to evaluate purpose and means to do so.
Any high ranked employee who commit to the deed will be hugely responsible for undertaking the risk.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:56:03 AM

The CIA is buying en masses... actually they created BTC.... j/k or not? lol

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:56:55 AM

After all the CIA has been involved since the beginning: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.0

- aka The "DigiMan"
Equality

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:16:48 AM

Ok so I have this thought that maybe the feds are buying up a lot of bitcoins.

as you all know the Federal Reserve Bank has NOTHING to do with the federal government, they are a wholly separate entity that makes these pieces of paper (dollers) in exchange for the governments little pieces of paper (bonds) and these bonds are a promise of repayment WITH interest. so this small groupe of people known as the fed res are in control of the money supply. government doesn't really like it but I wont get in to that here, they do like taxes though. so im thinking (obviously) that the feds do not like this new money, they hate it actually, so they get a couple hundred people and there job is to buy up a lot of bitcoins. but not all at once. maybe a few hundred thousand here and a few thousand there, do this for days and days and weeks and make a few dumps along the way but soon enough they will have an incredible amount of coins and they will dump sell them so fast it will cause a panic sell. they will keep doing this till everyone want out of this horrible up down market.

Just a thought. - they know about bitcoin, they dont like bitcoin, they are doing something right now about bitcoin, they will stop at nothing to destroy bitcoin.

what do you think- how else might this play out?

the people who control the fed are the same people who control the world, the richest people in the world. surely they hate bitcoin but i doubt they would do this. if they did, us poor people could take advantage of it. buy when it crashes and sell when it rises. maybe they would destroy bitcoin by making laws designed to hurt it or they could use their resources or a government supercomputer or something to perform a 51% attack. i don't know how else they might try to destroy bitcoin but if bitcoin becomes too popular they will stop ignoring it and making fun of it and instead try to destroy it. that's my opinion, i could be wrong.
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:19:05 AM

I think governments will start attacking it when it approaches a market cap of 50-100 Billion. But also some smaller government might make it their official currency. Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:31:26 AM

I think governments will start attacking it when it approaches a market cap of 50-100 Billion. But also some smaller government might make it their official currency. Smiley

is it at about 3 billion now!?!
hiima

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:18:28 AM

If the Fed was buying up bitcoins, then there would be less in the public and would drive up prices.

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: