Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of reselling Avalon batch 2 or 3 because BFL will "ship"?  (Read 1593 times)
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:49:46 AM

Don't. According to Yifu, it took Avalon 1.2 months to fix their ASIC when they encountered BFL's problem. Giving BFL a generous time valuation of 1.2 months x 3, we arrive at 3.6 months for them to patch all other issues with BFL. Expect the first shipment somewhere mid June, and at the hands of customers perhaps July.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:39:27 AM

Don't. According to Yifu, it took Avalon 1.2 months to fix their ASIC when they encountered BFL's problem. Giving BFL a generous time valuation of 1.2 months x 3, we arrive at 3.6 months for them to patch all other issues with BFL. Expect the first shipment somewhere mid June, and at the hands of customers perhaps July.

Not sure if trolling, but this is good for Coinhoarder and the seven dwarfs (yeah we're already naming them.)  Grin

In all seriousness, if Yifu actually said this then I believe him.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:11:22 AM

I think all he really said is that it took them 1.2 months from the time they received the chips until they were ready to ship something.

I don't think he mentioned encountering any mysterious power drain issues.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:25:29 AM

Yay! they are not a scam at least. This means they'll eventually ship a product.

fyi: we reached that stage 1.2 month before we shipped. Let's see how they handle their remainder issues.

Well, BFL has other issues to deal with.. Seems like Avalon customers are in good position.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:53:50 AM

If you're thinking of reselling Avalon batch 2 or 3 because BFL will "ship", do it, and do it now.  And be sure to PM me with your low low prices, because BFL will ship any day now and those Avalons are at least a month away.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:31:33 AM

i believe any good BFL progress will speed up Avalons' delivery Wink
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:53:44 AM

i'm hoping for this too Smiley  their site says batch 2 "Batch Status: Production" now. not sure if that's new. i hope their vacation is over soon if not already
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 07:00:46 AM

I'm kind of hoping a little BFL does ship soon. I think Avalon got too greedy in pricing their units so high and I'd like finally to see people that dumped $8000 for an Avalon unit get a little nervous now. I mean if you have $8000 to spend on something that hasn't been built yet then you are pretty well off and nothing is going to happen to you no matter what happens.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:26:19 AM

I'm kind of hoping a little BFL does ship soon. I think Avalon got too greedy in pricing their units so high and I'd like finally to see people that dumped $8000 for an Avalon unit get a little nervous now. I mean if you have $8000 to spend on something that hasn't been built yet then you are pretty well off and nothing is going to happen to you no matter what happens.

If Avalon got too greedy...then why did it sell out? Avalon did it right, they designed a product they could actually deliver and now they're going to refine it. They've made it very clear who the real amateurs are in this market.

Meh. I ordered a batch 3 Avalon for my mining company and I believe it was 100% the right decision. BFL's latest paper release doesn't concern me in the least. They have one wafer of faulty chips that took them months to construct, assuming of course anything they say is true. ASICMiner has recently been discussing shipping ASIC hardware due to the complete lack of competition, so suddenly BFL is ready to ship? Nah, they're just trying to remain relevant. What's the latest...two more weeks is it? The people that should be nervous are the ones that sent $30,000 to BFL for a 1500Gh @ 1500w minirig last summer. How the heck is that supposed to work? It's a little past being able to chargeback on that and if you paid in BTC you sent them what 5000 of them? Ouch, good luck ever breaking even on that deal.

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 08:27:58 AM

^^ This!!!  I would imagine BFL customers passed up a sign 1000 miles back that said :  "World of Pain Ahead" So they expect nothing less.
I would say its a running joke but its not "running"!   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:12:43 AM

If said company has been "shipping" for 6 months and they don't manage to get a single product to customers hands there is gotta be something terribly wrong. Why do they make those BS shipping date annouchements when they must know it's just not possible to ship in a loong time due to not having a working product to ship.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:57:05 PM

If said company has been "shipping" for 6 months and they don't manage to get a single product to customers hands there is gotta be something terribly wrong. Why do they make those BS shipping date annouchements when they must know it's just not possible to ship in a loong time due to not having a working product to ship.

Because it's less expensive than not lying and many people still mistakenly give their words some credence.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:49:07 PM

Because it's less expensive than not lying and many people still mistakenly give their words some credence.

And because this way the preorders money keeps flowing, non stop for almost a year now.

Millions of $

...without even a working prototype

marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:54:43 PM

they will not ship soon, Yifu said it was 1.2 months in his case, and he's a perfectionist.

their pcbs are unstable, wattage is off.

by the current prototype, mini rig can't be produced, since it will use 5KW, that's over power supply switch limit in eu houses (3.5KW maximum per one fuse).

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
riqpit

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:41:02 PM

i'm hoping for this too Smiley  their site says batch 2 "Batch Status: Production" now. not sure if that's new. i hope their vacation is over soon if not already
Is anybody else seeing "Production" status on My Account page for B2 orders, mine still show "Processing"?
monkee

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:34:30 PM

Is anybody else seeing "Production" status on My Account page for B2 orders, mine still show "Processing"?

i mean on their home page, with the tabs for batches 1, 2 & 3
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 10:25:57 PM

they will not ship soon, Yifu said it was 1.2 months in his case, and he's a perfectionist.

by the current prototype, mini rig can't be produced, since it will use 5KW, that's over power supply switch limit in eu houses (3.5KW maximum per one fuse).

Can this be circumvented by using 2 electric sockets from 2 different rooms? I mean this way it should remain under that level isnt it? But im not sure if such thing is possible.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:20:47 PM

Can this be circumvented by using 2 electric sockets from 2 different rooms? I mean this way it should remain under that level isnt it? But im not sure if such thing is possible.

If those sockets happened to be on the same main phase, theoretically yes. But thats most likely not legal and is against any good electronics usage behaviour. You could hire an electrician to hook up a stronger supply line for your mini rig. 25Amps fuse on 230V will do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: