Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 08:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin deposit detection without bitcoind?  (Read 701 times)
wika (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:48:14 AM

I'm developing a non-legal gaming website and I need idea for detecting deposits instantly. What can I use except of bitcoind? I don't want to create a separate server just for bitcoin server and it needs extra maintenance.

Also I won't use any paid 3rd services. What are my options?

Thanks.
Sapphire

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:04:09 PM

How about using a free 3rd party service? For example, blockchain.info has their free API to receive payments.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:18:59 PM

You can use Bitpay to Accept Bitcoins for your business -> Bitpay.com

They take 1% tx fee and allow unlimited transactions. Smiley  https://bitpay.com/pricing

If you want to just detect transactions instantly, you can use Blockchain/Blockexplorer or any similar website's API Smiley

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 03:02:22 PM

Bite the bullet and use a server with bitcoind, trust me, you'll thank me later.  Webhosted API's have limitations, are often targeted by DDoS attacks, and will sometimes go offline for maintenance/upgrades.  Run a node, be part of the community.

However, here's php code to monitor using a web service:
Code:
<?php
function getBalance($address) {
    return 
file_get_contents('https://blockchain.info/q/addressbalance/'$address);
}

echo 
'Address Balance: ' getBalance('1CK6KHY6MHgYvmRQ4PAafKYDrg1ejbH1cE');
?>
(You'll need to format the output, etc for the decimal places, etc)
wika (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:28:43 PM

Thanks for suggestions, I'll use a server.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:18:17 PM

Thanks for suggestions, I'll use a server.
Yes you better run your own bitcoin server as i have also tried block.io api before for address creation as well as to detect bitcoin deposits but it started to get error after some addresses were created for my client. Why to pay heavy to these 3rd party if we can run our own server, however i am still struggling to connect my node with php in my webpage. If Anyone can drop link to how we can set up own bitcoin server and use it to do all stuffs just like using 3rd party api will be helpful.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:50:45 PM

How about using a free 3rd party service? For example, blockchain.info has their free API to receive payments.
Just posting here for the information ->

Blockchain.info does not allow the full API access to gambling websites ,which is true in OP's case.
->Blockchain.info rejects all the remote procedure calls from unknown sources (as per their recent update)

->You may be tracked if you are given the full api access through the secret key.They would know the exact amounts deposited through your addresses.

->Due to following security issues,I'd not advise anyone to use their API for commercial business.Write your procedures from scratch.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 01:51:29 AM

Bite the bullet and use a server with bitcoind, trust me, you'll thank me later.  Webhosted API's have limitations, are often targeted by DDoS attacks, and will sometimes go offline for maintenance/upgrades.  Run a node, be part of the community.

However, here's php code to monitor using a web service:
Code:
<?php
function getBalance($address) {
    return 
file_get_contents('https://blockchain.info/q/addressbalance/'$address);
}

echo 
'Address Balance: ' getBalance('1CK6KHY6MHgYvmRQ4PAafKYDrg1ejbH1cE');
?>
(You'll need to format the output, etc for the decimal places, etc)

Cloverme is right, definitely go with running bitcoind.  Especially since you are creating a gaming site, a 3rd party API will likely shut you down as they don't want to be pulled in to any legal issues for being your service provider.

As for "deposit detection" with bitcoind you can use the walletnotify feature and it will instantly run whatever code you want when new transactions are received. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BPt4RXOm4

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: