Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Libertarian Party of Canada, accepting bitcoin donations  (Read 608 times)
GimpyPrime (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:21:20 AM

Anyone here a Libertarian in Canada? In the interest of remaining anonymous you don't need to answer that...

I just thought it was worth mentioning that they are now accepting donations in bitcoin. I noticed it on their site the other day.

I wonder if it is even legal for them to do that, they must face enormous amounts of scrutiny from elections Canada. More so than the average Canadian would face on their yearly taxes anyway... Regardless though there donations page it up, so I encourage fellow Libertarians to consider a BTC donation.

lucretiamyreflection

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:40:50 AM

Enough though he may be questioned , the way Bitcoin is going it's becoming more accepted.  I'm in the US.  News here is that Libertarian Gov. Gary Johnson is going to look more into Bitcoin now, http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1a69ym/i_am_gov_gary_johnson_honorary_chairman_of_the/c8ugro6 .  More it catches on, more people interested it might be more accepted to might consider accepting BTC as donations.
bitcoinscanada

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:33:01 AM

I'd consider myself to be a Libertarian. In my small Canadian city we don't even have anyone running for the party.. sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: