Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:11:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help from fellow LiteCoiners!  (Read 618 times)
GoldenAngel (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:04:36 AM

I am looking to get started on LTC mining and I am just wondering if this would be a good graphic card. Also what is a good amount of RAM?

Graphic card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD7970 VAPOR-X Video Card 6GB OverClock AMD ATI Graphics OC HDMI

I was looking to get around 3 of the above video cards. Would there be any negatives to this?

Also I just set up my wallet up but not sure if I have the right address. Feel free to send a LTC or whatever just so I can make sure it is correct.

LTC: LdSRa1kDFwcCeGx4T61vs9wRsneiTJwBJ5

Really appreciated! And really looking forward to supporting the network!
GoldenAngel (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:32:23 AM

That video card is just dandy, if you like wasting money. It's likely the highest hash rate currently, but you could get 3x 7950s for less money and have pretty much the same hash rate. You could get 4x 7950s for the same money as 3x 7970 and have many more hashes per second Tongue

Hmm, good point! Do you recommend any specific specifications for the 7950s?
GoldenAngel (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 09:24:07 AM

What do you mean? Certain model? As far as I know, they are all fine except for some models coming from Gigabyte being voltage locked.

Cheers! I might go for sapphire.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:53:31 PM

i agree with getting 7950s they consume less power for almost the same hash rate, the only advice i will give you is to get a reference card if you are a long term miner , they have better fans and they are solid to high temperature , my 7970 are 8 months old or so, they are sapphire DUAL-X and fans already started to fail, (actually 2 fans dead and others run slowly ).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: