Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:52:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lykke raises 1M$ through ColoredCoins  (Read 3849 times)
LykkeX (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:26:38 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2016, 07:32:47 AM by LykkeX

Lykke has achieved a milestone: raising 561,000 USD through ColoredCoins. To our knowledge this is one of the biggest ColoredCoin based fund raising campaigns in Cryptocurrency history. The funding event will be ongoing for another 19 days.

https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-09-23/lykke_doubles_number_of_shareholders

Some of Lykke's compelling points:

* founder with long experience in innovation and strong vision
* growing open and worldwide movement of experts in financial markets. knowledge and code is shared.
* plan for scaling blockchain to power the economic system
* strong venture backing (one of the biggest exchange companies in the world as a backer)
* working exchange application (see whitepaper for the semi-decentral approach)
* Nick Szabo has given Lykke the honour of joining the advisory board

Edit:
ICO Stat: 1,138,075 CHF raised

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 11:49:04 AM

Congrats Lykke, it's definately a very cool project!

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:47:18 AM

Lykke is backed by the German equivalent of Nasdaq. Deutsche Boerse in Germany, a 14 billion$ marketcap exchange company has invested in Lykke.

Lykke is an ambitious project and we are looking to raise awareness, not only for our funding, but to increase our reach and community.

Open Telegram chat: https://t.co/TmjMYnQD7T

BTT thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1402110.0
PentagonPinnacle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:50:13 PM

Hi,

Do you have a running total of how many lykke have been sold since this particular ICO started ?

By the way the credit card option to buy Lykke is not working ....

P
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:13:57 PM

11,386,580 coins, see https://lykke.com/ico/#invest
PentagonPinnacle

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 05:16:44 PM

Thanks I finally got credit vouchers to work,  i bought 1ok lykke.

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:21:32 AM

We're looking to increase our reach to fulfill the current funding goal. If you have ideas please post them here.
FruitBucket

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:13:42 AM

I just checked out the app. It shows you how many lykke coins corresponds to which share in the company. According to this the valuation is 100.000 BTC which in my opinion is too high compared to other crypto-currencies. Especially because it is still in an early stage.

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 11:30:29 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 08:01:33 AM by LykkeX

I just checked out the app. It shows you how many lykke coins corresponds to which share in the company. According to this the valuation is 100.000 BTC which in my opinion is too high compared to other crypto-currencies. Especially because it is still in an early stage.

Is Ripple or Ethereum early stage? Ethereum is valued at 1B$ and its arguable alpha software (I think they would admit that themselves). Since Lykke is building on Bitcoin/Ethereum, we have the advantage of relying on that blockchain and focus on other things rather than underlying blockchain algorithms. A similar venture got headline in the biggest financial newspaper in the world a few weeks ago just for announcement together with UBS - no product, no whitepaper. Obviously we're biased, but we think the 55M$ is a good valuation to buy at, before this goes into the major public. But we're more focused on product than marketing, so it might take 3-6 months before major outlets notice.

Edit: after discussion.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 01:48:15 PM

No other coin has such strong venture backing by equivalent of Nasdaq (actually Deutsche Boerse is a bigger company than Nasdaq with 15 billion $ marketcap). But we're more focused on product than marketing, so it might take 3-6 months before major outlets notice.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Market cap of NASDAQ is close to $7 TRILLION.........

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:25:11 PM

No other coin has such strong venture backing by equivalent of Nasdaq (actually Deutsche Boerse is a bigger company than Nasdaq with 15 billion $ marketcap). But we're more focused on product than marketing, so it might take 3-6 months before major outlets notice.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Market cap of NASDAQ is close to $7 TRILLION.........

No, Nasdaq is valued at 12B$ - http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NDAQ?ltr=1

Deutsche Börse ist valued at 13.6B$ - http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DB1.F/?p=DB1.F

DB is a more valuable company than Nasdaq. DB is an investor into Lykke coins/shares via 360T subsidiary. Its just that many outside Europe often have not heard of the company, where as Nasdaq is more well known.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 04:32:36 PM

Deutsche Börse ist valued at 13.6B$ - http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DB1.F/?p=DB1.F

DB is a more valuable company than Nasdaq. DB is an investor into Lykke coins/shares via 360T subsidiary. Its just that many outside Europe often have not heard of the company, where as Nasdaq is more well known.

Frankfurt is the European financial capital, but when you are referring to market capitalization, you should take into account the market cap of all the companies traded on the given stock exchange.

I've never researched Lykke, but are there any proofs that it is backed by the DB? And what does that exactly mean?

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:17:36 PM

We're looking to increase our reach to fulfill the current funding goal. If you have ideas please post them here.

more presence could help. sometime sig campaign help.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:18:32 PM

Most of the new crypto projects go through ICO period with proper escrow personal in middle, you can do same however how much you can get depend upon the people intrest as well as your media reach towards possible investors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:22:07 PM

Lykke is building a single global marketplace to level the playing field and provide access to everyone.

Ocean asking to be boiled
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:27:27 PM

I've never researched Lykke, but are there any proofs that it is backed by the DB? And what does that exactly mean?

They were seed investors via the subsidiary 360T, which is one of the largest FX platforms in the world (www.360t.com/about-us). It means they have provided funding and therefore have put their name behind the project.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:45:15 AM

I have a question. When will LKK be listed in the exchanges preferably in Poloniex? Also if I do decide to buy in to the ICO, is the only way to hold my coins in thru the app in my phone? That feels a little unsafe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:02:37 AM

No other coin has such strong venture backing by equivalent of Nasdaq (actually Deutsche Boerse is a bigger company than Nasdaq with 15 billion $ marketcap).
What exactly does it mean that the Deutsche Boerse "backs" them?
Backs them how, in  what way?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 07:50:28 AM

No other coin has such strong venture backing by equivalent of Nasdaq (actually Deutsche Boerse is a bigger company than Nasdaq with 15 billion $ marketcap).

I bet that DB haven't heard of Lykke. Smiley They are saying this to make themselves looking bigger, but I'm not sure if its a good idea. Some people may accept it literally and it may have legal consequences.

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:08:08 PM

Has Nick Szabo confirmed he is associated with Lykke in any way?
tempus
Legendary

Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:19:24 PM

What you can watch is this.

Nick Szabo on Blockchains and Smart Contracts
"To discuss the future of society Lykke starts a series of open education seminars on Future of the World Economy featuring innovative industry practitioners and forward-looking academics.
The first seminar on Blockchains and Smart Contracts was led by Nick Szabo, a pioneer of Bitcoin. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuN2R2DC6c

So, it's safe to say that Richard Olsen (CEO of Lykke) and Nick Szabo know each other.

And if Lykke would publish this:

Bitcoin Legend Nick Szabo Joins Lykke Advisory Board
https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-05-30/bitcoin_legend_nick_szabo_joins_lykke_advisory_board

...but being dishonest about it, Nick Szabo would deny it and Lykke would get the worst media-echo ever.

P.S.: If Lykke would want to lie about those things they should claim that they have Satoshi Nakamoto - he wouldn't deny. Cheesy

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:22:10 PM

I smell a scam here.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:24:21 PM

I smell a scam here.

And do you have arguments to use that word?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:28:34 PM

I smell a scam here.

Just my hunch... nothing more. They are claiming to be backed by the Deutsche Borse, but I'm quite sure that these are just "big words" to made them look better and DB haven't heard of Lykke. I may be wrong that this could be a scam, but I am 100% convinced that they are not "playing fair".  

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:36:33 PM

I smell a scam here.

Just my hunch... nothing more. They are claiming to be backed by the Deutsche Borse, but I'm quite sure that these are just "big words" to made them look better and DB haven't heard of Lykke. I may be wrong that this could be a scam, but I am 100% convinced that they are not "playing fair".  

What you need to know is that Richard Olsen (CEO of Lykke) has deep connections into the financial world. He is the Co-Founder of Oanda and he is something like an economical scientist and very well respected.

And that claim you are speaking about. You can find infos about it before you use words like "scam":

OANDA’s Richard Olsen Launches Lykke Wallet for iOS Devices
The OANDA co-founder and former CEO is creating a new blockchain-based P2P zero-commission trading platform.

(...)

Olsen founded Lykke in Zurich and received initial seed funding in 2015. In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee.
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/blockchain-will-absorb-the-world-of-finance-richard-olsen-lykke-interview/
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:40:55 PM

I smell a scam here.

What you need to know is that Richard Olsen (CEO of Lykke) has deep connections into the financial world. He is the Co-Founder of Oanda and he is something like an economical scientist and very well respected.

And that claim you are speaking about. You can find infos about it before you use words like "scam":

The OANDA co-founder and former CEO is creating a new blockchain-based P2P zero-commission trading platform.

(...)

Olsen founded Lykke in Zurich and received initial seed funding in 2015. In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee.
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/blockchain-will-absorb-the-world-of-finance-richard-olsen-lykke-interview/

I have deep connections with my gf's pussy and she's like f*cking gorgeous, but so what? I respect the guy and still haven't said anything against Lykke, but let's stop with these big claims. I just said that I have a hunch, and its backed just with my first thoughts... no matter how anyone would accept it.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:46:34 PM

I smell a scam here.

(...)

I have deep connections with my gf's pussy and she's like f*cking gorgeous, but so what? I respect the guy and still haven't said anything against Lykke, but let's stop with these big claims. I just said that I have a hunch, and its backed just with my first thoughts... no matter how anyone would accept it.

Not sure if this topic should be about your personal life, but congrats to your "connections".

To say you wouldn't have said anything against Lykke and your wish to "stop with these big claims" seems a little bit paradox, because it's you who used the word scam - against Lykke and that is a big claim.

At least if you don't have arguments to underline it while there are enough informations to inform yourself before using that word.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:50:02 PM

I smell a scam here.

(...)

Not sure if this topic should be about your personal life, but congrats to your "connections".

To say you wouldn't have said anything against Lykke and your wish to "stop with these big claims" seems a little bit paradox, because it's you who used the word scam - against Lykke and that is a big claim.

At least if you don't have arguments to underline it while there are enough informations to inform yourself before using that word.

1. Thank you.
2. I am just random bitcointalk troll who has some doubts and I'm not asking for money from the masses to trust them.
3. Read 2.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:59:14 PM

I smell a scam here.

(...)

1. Thank you.
2. I am just random bitcointalk troll who has some doubts and I'm not asking for money from the masses to trust them.
3. Read 2.

Nothing wrong about it to have doubts. Everybody should have nearly every time. But it's not unimportant to know "why" and to find out what's wrong and what is right.

And regarding "I'm not asking for money from the masses to trust them": It's always the question if an investment is a win-win-situation, or at least with the potential for it, or not. I personally believe this project very well could be a win-win, even if I had a lot of concerns in the beginning as well. But the more I learn about it the more I believe this could turn out as a pearl in this crypto-swamp.

And yes, trust is always the major point. That's why my recommendation always is to focus on teams first, which is great in this case:

https://lykke.com/leadership.php
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 01:06:57 PM

Can we cut the crap? Smiley Let me try to make a story:

1. We have great ideas.
2. We have a great team.
3. We are backed by the DB, which happens to be an stock exchange with over $15B market cap.
4. Give us your money, we know how to handle them.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:11:26 PM

"To discuss the future of society Lykke starts a series of open education seminars on Future of the World Economy featuring innovative industry practitioners and forward-looking academics.
The first seminar on Blockchains and Smart Contracts was led by Nick Szabo, a pioneer of Bitcoin. "

So, it's safe to say that Richard Olsen (CEO of Lykke) and Nick Szabo know each other.

https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-05-30/bitcoin_legend_nick_szabo_joins_lykke_advisory_board

...but being dishonest about it, Nick Szabo would deny it and Lykke would get the worst media-echo ever.

P.S.: If Lykke would want to lie about those things they should claim that they have Satoshi Nakamoto - he wouldn't deny. Cheesy

I think this is no issue, to get someone on an advisory role is easy, it is quite different from joining the development team. Most of these move is for marketing purpose
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 01:20:27 PM

I think this is no issue, to get someone on an advisory role is easy, it is quite different from joining the development team. Most of these move is for marketing purpose

^This.

CNET's founder Halsey Minor sold its company for like 1.6 or $1.8 billion, he squandered all the money and then he started Voxels - a complete ICO failure.
John McAfee
Kim Dotcom (though I somehow respect the guy)
Max Keiser

Who else?

I can take a picture with Beyonce and say that FailCommunity had a meeting with her. 9GAG can tweet some stupid meme and it would receive 1000 likes in 10 minutes.

Do you get my point? No?

All we hear are promises and see guys who are with the "big balls" and they act like they know everything. Just one question (as I implied in my 4th point):
- WHY DO YOU NEED MONEY FROM THE MASSES?

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:26:39 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 01:36:50 PM by tempus

Can we cut the crap? Smiley Let me try to make a story:

1. We have great ideas.
2. We have a great team.
3. We are backed by the DB, which happens to be an stock exchange with over $15B market cap.
4. Give us your money, we know how to handle them.

You ask me if we could cut out the crap? While I try to provide facts it's you who is writing about his nose, his girlfriends pussy and now you come up with "let me try to make a story".

What they basically say is:

1. This is Lykkes Idea
2. This is the team behind Lykke
3. This is what already is delivered
4. There were previous funding rounds, here are additional infos
5. If you want, invest in Lykke.
6. If you don't want to invest, feel free to use Lykkes service and it's for free.

They themselves say that they don't even focus on the ICO to get money since they already are well funded. They just make first steps into the public because in the end it will be about their product, their market/exchange.

And, what they also say is: Nobody need to buy LKK-shares to use what they provide for free. You can download their App for free and it's already working and it already is very user-friendly. Plus: 0% fee and as far as I know it will stay there.

https://lykke.com/lykkewallet/

Plus: Since the exchange is semi-decentralized (or semi-centralized) it is more secure.

Tech-overview: https://lykke.com/technology.php

Even Bitcoiners who wouldn't ever buy a colored coin or any other project will like it. I have no doubt about that, because if you have in mind how many people lost a lot of money because of exchange-hacks or fraud-exchanges, Lykke will have success if they just keep on with the good fundamentals.

I mean, unlike a lot of other projects, they don't come up with nothing but a whitepaper that was written in 3 hours. They work on this since years. But of course, you can use everything to become spartak_t the story-teller. ;-)
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:34:59 PM

Nick Szabo on their advisory board is just one single information. And sure, you could make up theories about "Szabo needed money and they gave him some to use his name" or whatever. But it's also possible that since he and Richard Olsen obviously know or at least have met each other (watch the video), Nick Szabo, who really is a Bitcoin-specialist, can give advice to a company that uses that Bitcoin-Blockchain as base.

But again: One single information is nothing. Everything needs to be seen in the whole context. And in my opinion this is a great project if it's not seen just superficial.

My usual experience is, that something ("a" project) looks good on first sight but the more I learn the more I want to step away and that's what I usually do. In Lykke it's the total opposite. I had a lot of concerns when I first looked into it, but the more I've learned about it the more I think that this could turn out as one of a very few Blockchain-projects that very well may have big impact. And not just in Crypto but more as a bridge between Crypto and the rest of the world.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 01:35:28 PM

They themselves say that they don't even focus on the ICO to get money since they already are well funded.

See the red flag here? Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating Lykke and I haven't even researched it, but I'm just tired of seeing big promises (and "people who matters" asking for money from the masses). I already know that you have your interest (and probably money) in that project and I wish you luck from the bottom of my heart.

But this would not change the fact that cryptocurrencies are turning into a scene from where random people are trying to squeeze more FIAT money.  

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 01:47:39 PM

They themselves say that they don't even focus on the ICO to get money since they already are well funded.

See the red flag here? Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating Lykke and I haven't even researched it, but I'm just tired of seeing big promises (and "people who matters" asking for money from the masses). I already know that you have your interest (and probably money) in that project and I wish you luck from the bottom of my heart.

But this would not change the fact that cryptocurrencies are turning into a scene from where random people are trying to squeeze more FIAT money.  

If you check my post history you'll see that I have my own opinion and that I discuss this way in Factom, Antshares and Lykke, because that are my main-investments - Factom is my Nr. 1 by the way. To imply that Lykke would have bought my opinion is bullshit.

But I agree with you that it can be frustrating to see hundreds of projects that come up with big promises, asking for money but never deliver anything or at least nothing of value. That doesn't change the fact that there are also some really good projects out there. Factom is one of them in my opinion. Antshares hopefully will be one of them.

Lykke already has delivered! This is not just about showing a whitepaper, a nice designed HP and asking for money. Their exchange is already working! And you can use it for free. You don't have to buy in their ICO.

It's true to say "cryptocurrencies are turning into a scene from where random people are trying to squeeze more FIAT money." for Crypto in general. But it's not true for each single project, because there are pearls between Crypto-garbage, with great innovations and skilled teams who are able to deliver what's promised.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 01:54:24 PM

1. I didn't implied that Lykke bought you, I implied that you probably invested in the project.
2. What pearls? "We're backed by the DB with $15B market cap, but we are asking for YOUR money" type?

Anyways... good luck.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:00:32 PM

1. I didn't implied that Lykke bought you, I implied that you probably invested in the project.
2. What pearls? "We're backed by the DB with $15B market cap, but we are asking for YOUR money" type?

Anyways... good luck.

1. Yes, I'm invested but not even with much money until now. I wait for Factom to go up to invest some of the profits in Lykke. I'm just not sure if Factom will do me that favor. ;-)

2. With pearls I mean those projects that not just show an innovative idea with some words and nice design, but are able to deliver such an idea  with high quality.

I'm not sure who said that there is a backing of $15B. There is the info that:

"(...) In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee."

That's a difference.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 02:04:01 PM

I'm not sure who said that there is a backing of $15B.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:21:10 PM

I'm not sure who said that there is a backing of $15B.

Ok, I see. I'm not sure if he wanted to say that. I only know the info that founding partners of http://www.360t.com invested in Lykke. And LykkeX is somebody who helps them but he is not Richard Olsen himself or one of the core team. I would count that as misunderstanding for now.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:25:45 PM

- WHY DO YOU NEED MONEY FROM THE MASSES?

To build the movement towards the goal. If the price goes up everyone benefits. Since Lykke is fully open, it makes no sense to let profits go only to a few at the top. In a traditional corporation founders and VC's get 100%. The ICO is precisely done for this reason - those who believe in what is done here can buy in. If the goal where to make money only the project would never have been started in this way - all the founders, contributors, employees, shareholders believe in the mission. Constructive feedback is welcome. By the way, all the code and knowledge is open. Nothing proprietary - all public.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:42:58 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 11:34:51 PM by adhitthana

Backs them how, in  what way?

Bump. I'm thinking of investing but I'd really like to understand what is meant here.

Thanks
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:46:29 PM

Bump.

It's not deutsche Börse as company. It's this:

"Olsen founded Lykke in Zurich and received initial seed funding in 2015. In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee."

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:35:36 PM

Bump.

"Olsen founded Lykke in Zurich and received initial seed funding in 2015. In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee."
Thank you
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:27:41 AM

I'm interested. I've downloaded the app. But is there anywhere else I can store them apart from my phone?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:42:56 AM

I'm interested. I've downloaded the app. But is there anywhere else I can store them apart from my phone?

The current status is:

IOS - already has a 12-words-backup-feature. Means, that if one installs the App, writes down the 12 words, he will be able to recover the wallet if his phone should be damaged. The recovery-feature itself is not implemented yet, but planned for this week.

But again: Who writes down the 12 words is already safe.

Android - the 12-words-feature is not implemented yet, but will also be released this week. First without recovery function.

It was a topic on their slack yesterday. So, it depends on what system you use. If Android, maybe wait for that feature.

What is also planned: Cold storage. I've asked one of their Dev's if they could make it possible to generate keys offline and to implement a feature to import offline generated private keys and so on. Reply was: "yes, we'll put it in the developent tasks"

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 02:46:08 AM

Android - the 12-words-feature is not implemented yet, but will also be released this week. First without recovery function.
Ok I'll wait as I'm using android. Apart from the 12 words what else would I need? the public address?
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:41:04 AM

Ok I'll wait as I'm using android. Apart from the 12 words what else would I need? the public address?

Once the app installed you go to My Lykke and select Buy Lykke. You can deposit money with fiat, creditcard, BTC, ETH and other options.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:58:17 AM

Backs them how, in  what way?

Bump.

I've checked back with the CEO and confirm here. It is the two mentioned persons as private Angel Investors. I apologize for any misunderstanding - I should have checked that statement internally, before making this claim.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:35:01 AM

The current status is:

IOS - already has a 12-words-backup-feature. Means, that if one installs the App, writes down the 12 words, he will be able to recover the wallet if his phone should be damaged. The recovery-feature itself is not implemented yet, but planned for this week.

But again: Who writes down the 12 words is already safe.

It was a topic on their slack yesterday. So, it depends on what system you use. If Android, maybe wait for that feature.

What is also planned: Cold storage. I've asked one of their Dev's if they could make it possible to generate keys offline and to implement a feature to import offline generated private keys and so on. Reply was: "yes, we'll put it in the developent tasks"

It seems as if the Android-update is already pushed out:

One of the Dev's just replied, that the backup-function ("12-backup-words") for Android will come during this week.
Thanks , great news, i will reconsider the ICO Grin
The Android backup is now backup with the 12 words, thanks for this quick update.
21M

Activity: 450
Merit: 256

Mr. BTC

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:03:31 PM

Once the app installed you go to My Lykke and select Buy Lykke. You can deposit money with fiat, creditcard, BTC, ETH and other options.
How/where can I trade Lykke, and do I need to provide any ID docs (i.e. verification)?

"Die Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine richtige Lösung zu finden, sind genau jene Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine Lösung als richtig zu erkennen.“ Dunning - Kruger
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:46:01 PM

How/where can I trade Lykke, and do I need to provide any ID docs (i.e. verification)?

The market will take over right after the ICO ends and LKK-shares will be traded on Lykke.

If you want to buy with BTC or ETH you don't need to provide further ID-informations. That becomes important if somebody wants to use Fiat and/or wants to become a shareholder in a legal way (LKK = digital representation of Lykke shares).
PentagonPinnacle

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:04:35 PM

How will the iata coin be priced vs the Lykke coin?

Will they be priced on par ? or will the Lykke be worth more? How will the two be used I thought Lykke was going tobe the coin used in the global marketplace?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:31:26 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 09:50:24 PM by tempus

Will they be priced on par ? or will the Lykke be worth more? How will the two be used I thought Lykke was going tobe the coin used in the global marketplace?

I don't believe that it's all already fix. Lykke as a platform will be about multiple assets and it seems as if the IATA-coin could be one. LKK-shares are also one of those assets that will be on Lykke. And maybe it will even be possible to trade any asset against any other asset but time will tell.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:16:38 AM

Lykke funding is now close to the 1M CHF mark. Raised: 920,895 CHF with 3 days left.
PentagonPinnacle

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:53:44 PM

Hi I was hoping you could answer my last question :

Dassi

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:48:21 AM

Lykke is a coin that can be used in the global market place. OP is just trying to compare the price of Lykke with that of IOTA, observing how they will fare in the market.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:58:47 PM

Lykke is a coin that can be used in the global market place. OP is just trying to compare the price of Lykke with that of IOTA, observing how they will fare in the market.

IATA, not IOTA. IATA is unrelated to Iota and a coin in conception phase.

https://www.iata.org/events/Documents/wfs16-program.pdf
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:59:34 PM

Iata would be a coin traded on Lykke exchange. LKK price is unrelated to Iata price.
crazydeadmoth

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 06:07:45 PM

Iata would be a coin traded on Lykke exchange. LKK price is unrelated to Iata price.

Iata is  International Air Transport Association (IATA), right? Will they issue a coin?   Huh
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 11:18:56 PM

Iata is  International Air Transport Association (IATA), right? Will they issue a coin?   Huh

It seems that way. Some informations I've found about it:

This is also something that can give an impression about the potential of this project:

And just btw:

Would be good if this Account would get more followers and retweets: https://twitter.com/LykkeCity

Just found something interesting:

Above can be seen that Richard Olsen was on the IATA-conference. What is IATA?

It's the International Air Transport Association
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Air_Transport_Association

And there is an interesting tweet:

IATA shared an inspirational idea at #WFS2016 - IATA digital coin. Lykke is proud to have had a chance to contribute
https://twitter.com/LykkeCity/status/779223316452167680

Including this video:

IATA Digital Coin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kip-uUa6h6o

Who published that video? Lykke.

What will this Digital Coin be about? In short: To make money-transfer easier, more secure, faster etc.

There is also a PDF about the IATA-conference:

World Financial Symposium - Supporting Sustained Airline Financial Health
https://www.iata.org/events/Documents/wfs16-program.pdf

Just two quotes:

17:10 – 17:20
Industry cryptocurrency
See the proof of concept comparing international wire transfers and blockchain payments around the world. Could this technology enable the creation of an industrial currency such as the “IATA Coin”? What would be the advantages and what would be the limits? Can this be the payment of the future?

Right after:

17:20 – 17:45
Panel discussion:
FinTech - Impact on the CFO and the finance team
What is the finance department looking like in the future? what is their role, or they still needed, what skills are needed in the new Fintech organization. With the help of Fintech, can we turn the finance department into a profit center focusing on decision support and strategic partnership.
Moderator:
∗ Tim Grosser, Head of Digital Transformation, IATA Panelists:
∗ Gautam Jain, Global Head, Digitisation & Client Access, Transaction Banking, Standard Chartered Bank
∗ Marcel Koppes, VP Airlines & Travel, Adyen
∗ Natasha Lala, Managing Director Solutions for
Business, Oanda
Richard Olsen, Professor, Zurich University and founder of Lykke

With other words: Connections are already obvious. That's not a guess anymore. Will this IATA-Coin come? Most likely it's already in development or even finished. I doubt that there would be a first PR-video if it's just about an idea. Will that Coin launch on Poloniex or any other crypto-exchange we know? They obviously call it "Industry cryptocurrency". It's safe to say "no". Will it be on Lykke - I believe the chance is high.

And that shows a lot of the potential of this project. Crypto won't stay in the Poloniex-world. And Lykke, as a platform that is easy to use, secure and like a bridge between both-worlds could very well be one of a few platforms that already have a foot in the door. All of the above is much more than just a little hint.

LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:32:14 AM

ICO is over, amount raised is: 1,138,075 CHF, roughly 1.2M$
Dinki

Activity: 180

Incent

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:45:45 AM