Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lykke raises 1M$ through ColoredCoins  (Read 3857 times)
LykkeX (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:25:45 PM

- WHY DO YOU NEED MONEY FROM THE MASSES?

To build the movement towards the goal. If the price goes up everyone benefits. Since Lykke is fully open, it makes no sense to let profits go only to a few at the top. In a traditional corporation founders and VC's get 100%. The ICO is precisely done for this reason - those who believe in what is done here can buy in. If the goal where to make money only the project would never have been started in this way - all the founders, contributors, employees, shareholders believe in the mission. Constructive feedback is welcome. By the way, all the code and knowledge is open. Nothing proprietary - all public.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:42:58 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 11:34:51 PM by adhitthana

No other coin has such strong venture backing by equivalent of Nasdaq (actually Deutsche Boerse is a bigger company than Nasdaq with 15 billion $ marketcap).
What exactly does it mean that the Deutsche Boerse "backs" them?
Backs them how, in  what way?

Bump. I'm thinking of investing but I'd really like to understand what is meant here.

Thanks
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:46:29 PM

No other coin has such strong venture backing by equivalent of Nasdaq (actually Deutsche Boerse is a bigger company than Nasdaq with 15 billion $ marketcap).
Backs them how, in  what way?

Bump.

It's not deutsche Börse as company. It's this:

"Olsen founded Lykke in Zurich and received initial seed funding in 2015. In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee."
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/blockchain-will-absorb-the-world-of-finance-richard-olsen-lykke-interview/

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:35:36 PM

Backs them how, in  what way?

Bump.

"Olsen founded Lykke in Zurich and received initial seed funding in 2015. In May 2016, Lykke closed a second seed round where the new shareholders included angel investors Marco Brockhaus and Carlo Koelzer, founding partner of 360T’s Group Executive Board and member of Deutsche Börse Group Management Committee."
http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/interview/blockchain-will-absorb-the-world-of-finance-richard-olsen-lykke-interview/
Thank you
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:27:41 AM

I'm interested. I've downloaded the app. But is there anywhere else I can store them apart from my phone?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:42:56 AM

I'm interested. I've downloaded the app. But is there anywhere else I can store them apart from my phone?

The current status is:

IOS - already has a 12-words-backup-feature. Means, that if one installs the App, writes down the 12 words, he will be able to recover the wallet if his phone should be damaged. The recovery-feature itself is not implemented yet, but planned for this week.

But again: Who writes down the 12 words is already safe.

Android - the 12-words-feature is not implemented yet, but will also be released this week. First without recovery function.

It was a topic on their slack yesterday. So, it depends on what system you use. If Android, maybe wait for that feature.

What is also planned: Cold storage. I've asked one of their Dev's if they could make it possible to generate keys offline and to implement a feature to import offline generated private keys and so on. Reply was: "yes, we'll put it in the developent tasks"

adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 02:46:08 AM

Android - the 12-words-feature is not implemented yet, but will also be released this week. First without recovery function.
Ok I'll wait as I'm using android. Apart from the 12 words what else would I need? the public address?
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:41:04 AM

Ok I'll wait as I'm using android. Apart from the 12 words what else would I need? the public address?

Once the app installed you go to My Lykke and select Buy Lykke. You can deposit money with fiat, creditcard, BTC, ETH and other options.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:58:17 AM

Backs them how, in  what way?

Bump.

I've checked back with the CEO and confirm here. It is the two mentioned persons as private Angel Investors. I apologize for any misunderstanding - I should have checked that statement internally, before making this claim.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:35:01 AM

The current status is:

IOS - already has a 12-words-backup-feature. Means, that if one installs the App, writes down the 12 words, he will be able to recover the wallet if his phone should be damaged. The recovery-feature itself is not implemented yet, but planned for this week.

But again: Who writes down the 12 words is already safe.

It was a topic on their slack yesterday. So, it depends on what system you use. If Android, maybe wait for that feature.

What is also planned: Cold storage. I've asked one of their Dev's if they could make it possible to generate keys offline and to implement a feature to import offline generated private keys and so on. Reply was: "yes, we'll put it in the developent tasks"

It seems as if the Android-update is already pushed out:

One of the Dev's just replied, that the backup-function ("12-backup-words") for Android will come during this week.
Thanks , great news, i will reconsider the ICO Grin
The Android backup is now backup with the 12 words, thanks for this quick update.
21M

Activity: 450
Merit: 256

Mr. BTC

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:03:31 PM

Once the app installed you go to My Lykke and select Buy Lykke. You can deposit money with fiat, creditcard, BTC, ETH and other options.
How/where can I trade Lykke, and do I need to provide any ID docs (i.e. verification)?

"Die Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine richtige Lösung zu finden, sind genau jene Fähigkeiten, die man braucht, um eine Lösung als richtig zu erkennen.“ Dunning - Kruger
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:46:01 PM

How/where can I trade Lykke, and do I need to provide any ID docs (i.e. verification)?

The market will take over right after the ICO ends and LKK-shares will be traded on Lykke.

If you want to buy with BTC or ETH you don't need to provide further ID-informations. That becomes important if somebody wants to use Fiat and/or wants to become a shareholder in a legal way (LKK = digital representation of Lykke shares).
PentagonPinnacle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:04:35 PM

How will the iata coin be priced vs the Lykke coin?

Will they be priced on par ? or will the Lykke be worth more? How will the two be used I thought Lykke was going tobe the coin used in the global marketplace?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:31:26 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 09:50:24 PM by tempus

Will they be priced on par ? or will the Lykke be worth more? How will the two be used I thought Lykke was going tobe the coin used in the global marketplace?

I don't believe that it's all already fix. Lykke as a platform will be about multiple assets and it seems as if the IATA-coin could be one. LKK-shares are also one of those assets that will be on Lykke. And maybe it will even be possible to trade any asset against any other asset but time will tell.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:16:38 AM

Lykke funding is now close to the 1M CHF mark. Raised: 920,895 CHF with 3 days left.
PentagonPinnacle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 11:53:44 PM

Hi I was hoping you could answer my last question :

Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:48:21 AM

Lykke is a coin that can be used in the global market place. OP is just trying to compare the price of Lykke with that of IOTA, observing how they will fare in the market.
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:58:47 PM

Lykke is a coin that can be used in the global market place. OP is just trying to compare the price of Lykke with that of IOTA, observing how they will fare in the market.

IATA, not IOTA. IATA is unrelated to Iota and a coin in conception phase.

https://www.iata.org/events/Documents/wfs16-program.pdf
LykkeX (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 05:59:34 PM

Iata would be a coin traded on Lykke exchange. LKK price is unrelated to Iata price.
crazydeadmoth

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 06:07:45 PM

Iata would be a coin traded on Lykke exchange. LKK price is unrelated to Iata price.

Iata is  International Air Transport Association (IATA), right? Will they issue a coin?   Huh
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: