Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:34:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing universal bitcoin plugin for Wordpress - need community help!  (Read 1444 times)
Tungsten (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

Intro:
here's the Wordpress plugin I wrote recently allowing anyone to accept bitcoins as a payment method at their online stores:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce/

It utilizes free WooCommerce online store plugin (to create inventory, shopping cart) as well as blockchain.info API and acts as a payment extension for it.

Now I want to write another, more universal wordpress plugin that will allow anyone with a blog to accept bitcoin payments without relying on any third party service.
To make it happen in a secure manner I want to utilize Electrum wallet's Master Public Key to generate "watch only" bitcoin addresses.
(Very similar to acceptbit.com model - but i want this whole technology to be integrated within Wordpress plugin).
This way if any hacker will get into merchant's website code or database - he couldn't steal anything - no private keys are stored anywhere.

For that I need a little bit of a community help!

The only stumbling block for me is to get the code for standalone function (preferably in PHP) that takes master public key and returns bitcoin address like this:

$new_bitcoin_address = generate_bitcoin_address ($master_public_key);

If anyone who is familiar with Electrum math could assist me in that - we'll have universal, open source, standalone solution for Wordpress allowing anyone to sell stuff and accept bitcoins with a click of a button.

(Donations are welcome too of course).

Thanks!

Gleb

• 188888888qZ5Mv4u5C2Bve6eyVJBFR5EEj • Get personalized bitcoin address like that at http://vanitycoin.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 02:11:01 PM

Bumping because Im interested in this, sadly not something I can help with.. untill you need testers Smiley

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 11:58:02 PM

Check out the Open Bitcoin Store initiative I started.

It is building a complete turnkey bitcoin store for merchants - open source, free and free to host.

I am using a combination of WordPress + ecwid cart + bitpay merchant gateway + Heroku or other WP hosting.

It is very easy to setup, free for up to 10 products and I'm building a store-wizard that will take a store name and launch it all for you

The goal: Non-technical user => mini bitcoin store in less than an hour, for free.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Tungsten (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 03:23:20 PM

There is a bounty posted for anyone who can translate this function from Python to PHP here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163915.0

Gleb

• 188888888qZ5Mv4u5C2Bve6eyVJBFR5EEj • Get personalized bitcoin address like that at http://vanitycoin.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: