Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Evil plans unveiled. Bitcoin is in danger!!!  (Read 1591 times)
yvv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

There are a lot of speculations on this forum about a possibility of shutting bitcoin network down by governments and central banks. It is beyond my understanding, why would any government want to shut such a gift bitcoins down? If a bunch of geeks can make 1000% profit in one year just speculating bitcoins, why do you think any government wouldn't want to do the same?

If I was the most powerful government in the world, I would build a cluster of ASICs which outnumbers the biggest mining pool, and start mining, and start buying coins until I have 2/3 of all coins in my possession. This should not be too expensive for government which collects taxes worth of $3 trillion each year, right?  And after I have all these coins, I would convert the rest of the world into slave colony, MWAHAHAHA!!!!

I am a bitcoin supporter, and I respect efforts the developers and community apply to make our world better. Please, somebody convince me that such evil strategy is not executed right now.

P.S. Happy Easter to everybody who celebrate it, and happy weekend to the rest of the world!  Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:31:45 PM

Sensationalist thread title is sensationalist.

Solid plan.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:52:57 PM

Solid plan.
Solid as SolidCoin 2.0

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 04:54:42 PM

There are a lot of speculations on this forum about a possibility of shutting bitcoin network down by governments and central banks. It is beyond my understanding, why would any government want to shut such a gift bitcoins down? If a bunch of geeks can make 1000% profit in one year just speculating bitcoins, why do you think any government wouldn't want to do the same?

If I was the most powerful government in the world, I would build a cluster of ASICs which outnumbers the biggest mining pool, and start mining, and start buying coins until I have 2/3 of all coins in my possession. This should not be too expensive for government which collects taxes worth of $3 trillion each year, right?  And after I have all these coins, I would convert the rest of the world into slave colony, MWAHAHAHA!!!!

I am a bitcoin supporter, and I respect efforts the developers and community apply to make our world better. Please, somebody convince me that such evil strategy is not executed right now.

P.S. Happy Easter to everybody who celebrate it, and happy weekend to the rest of the world!  Smiley
God bless and happy easter!

Bitcoins get their value from the trust which people put into the network. If a government, or just a single entity for that matter, controlled +51 % of the network, the trust would fall, the price would fall and the owner of a lot of BTCs would lose money. So it is in the interest of all holders to increase the trust in the system. Besides, if Bitcoins fail, a new crypto currency can easily be made.

Edit: But of course some one could have an interest in breaking the system by controlling +51 % and using this to destory the system (not as easy as it sounds and 51 % may not be enough). But this would be very costly.

Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 05:24:41 PM

I hate sharing out my brilliant observations and not even getting a "k thx" in return. Or: "I disagree". You're effing welcome!

yvv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 05:28:58 PM

I hate sharing out my brilliant observations and not even getting a "k thx" in return. Or: "I disagree". You're effing welcome!

k thx

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:29:23 PM

I disagree

enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:30:51 PM

Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 05:31:22 PM

k thx
You're effing welcome!

Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

So your plan is ..

1. Spend shit LOADS of money buying 'mining' equipment.

2. Mine like crazy so that YOU get most of the newly 'minted' bitcoins.

3. You'll have to spend LOADS of money buying up a majority of all the current bitcoins.
(keep in mind that the more you buy the more expensive they get).

4. Then, after xxx years of being able to buy/mine the majority, you WANT to crash the market so that all your wealth is worth bugger all?

And this is assuming that the majority of people don't notice the amount of bitcoin missing and introduce new software (under majority agreement) allows for minting of a new batch of coins (of xxxxxxxxxx amount, whatever they want, maybe the amount you have stashed x5). This would mean you would THEN have to have all the cash to buy all these new bitcoins, AND keep your mining operation as the majority vs the ever increasing world awareness.

Also, if the minting of new coins was needed because you had most of the bitcoin, well, this would totally devalue your money, destroying your wealth by the power of the people.

The fabled 51% attack is just not feasible, the system 'course corrects' and forces you to a game you can not possibly win, that can only eventually be one by the majority.
yvv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

1. Just a couple of $billions. Governments waste  orders of magnitude more every year on shity projects.

2. Yes. If geeks like it, why do you think evil government would not like it?

3. Come on, it just a couple of $billions currently. The most democratic government in the world wastes  $trillions every year.

4. No. I'll just convert all those "democratic states" into slave colonies, MWAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks for responding Smiley

Jobe7

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:00:44 PM

1. Just a couple of $billions. Governments waste  orders of magnitude more every year on shity projects.

2. Yes. If geeks like it, why do you think evil government would not like it?

3. Come on, it just a couple of $billions currently. The most democratic government in the world wastes  $trillions every year.

4. No. I'll just convert all those "democratic states" into slave colonies, MWAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks for responding Smiley

1. You think a couple of billions will be enough to buy enough computing power? That there's not already a couple of billions worth of computing power already mining?

2. I don't think you realise that you'd have to keep this running and MORE than the combined power of whatever the worlds combined mining power is atm, UNTIL at least 2030, competing all the way against an ever increasing world computer base.

3. No, they waste billions, not trillions. And that's not how economy works .... Right, as you buy something, the value of it (e.g. the price) goes UP. Like, how when you print lots of extra money, the value of it goes DOWN. IF you were to try spending billions on buying all the available bitcoins the price will go up the more you buy. AND there's the issue of trying to get everyone who has any to sell them. AND the issue of new software implementing new bitcoins when they all start to disappear into your pockets.

4. And at the times when you actually had that tiny bit of power, your bitcoins would lose all their value. How exactly will you pay for an army? For weaponry? With your now worthless bitcoins?

And by the time a 'government' (shadowgovernmentrothchildscoughcough) think of doing such a thing they would have to commit even more money.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:31:53 PM

Why it is so hard for people to understand that cryptocurrency are here to stay around for as long as computers exist? And that governments cannot do anything to stop it. The genie was released from bottle by Satoshi. It cannot go back. It is good that we exercise various scenarios of government attack to watch for possible ways to improve protection and disprove feasibility of such attacks. And raise confidence in safety of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency from such attacks.

zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:45:34 PM

But of course some one could have an interest in breaking the system by controlling +51 % and using this to destory the system (not as easy as it sounds and 51 % may not be enough).

Technical solution: We may just issue a new version of bitcoin client which will ignore all IP blocks of attacking entity. So they will be mining coins in separate reality without affecting our blockchain. It would be easy to implement as such huge evil corporation or government cannot use public networks due to the need of enormous bandwidth.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 11:56:06 PM

51% attack will happen offline and then attackers will publish the longer chain thus disrupting network. Banning IP addresses will not help in relaying P2P network.

NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:06:01 AM

If I was the most powerful government in the world, I would build a cluster of ASICs which outnumbers the biggest mining pool, and start mining, and start buying coins until I have 2/3 of all coins in my possession. This should not be too expensive for government which collects taxes worth of $3 trillion each year, right?  And after I have all these coins, I would convert the rest of the world into slave colony, MWAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't you just love megalomania?
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:19:24 AM

They already spent trillions to bomb cavemen in Afghanistan just to show who is the boss.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:36:40 AM

They already spent trillions to bomb cavemen in Afghanistan just to show who is the boss.

Bin Laden was not decentralized. Bitcoin is.

Jobe7

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 12:13:33 PM

This.
yvv (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 09:21:13 PM

In fact, Bin Laden was part of a very decentralized terrorist network. That's why it took 10 years to kill the bitch. Unfortunately, Bin Laden is dead, but his network is not.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: