Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: R9 280X - 15Mh/s  (Read 2951 times)
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:41:53 PM

What is the best driver version to mine etc or eth in AMD 7950?  I am asking the question in different thread but no one replied.

The one that gives you undervolting capability with Afterburner or Trix. 15.7.1 works for me.
How to undervolt and is it safe for my gpu? What should i expect from a single and 7950 gpu in eth mining now?
YIz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:45:10 PM

What is the best driver version to mine etc or eth in AMD 7950?  I am asking the question in different thread but no one replied.

The one that gives you undervolting capability with Afterburner or Trix. 15.7.1 works for me.
How to undervolt and is it safe for my gpu? What should i expect from a single and 7950 gpu in eth mining now?

Undervolting is totally safe and it even brings down the heat and power usage. I am getting 15Mh from a 280X, I think you can expect anywhere near that since it's the same chip.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:22:23 PM

Undervolting is totally safe and it even brings down the heat and power usage. I am getting 15Mh from a 280X, I think you can expect anywhere near that since it's the same chip.

Please share any link to teach me how to undervolt a gpu?
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 09:31:02 PM

If you're using Claymore GPU miner, then you can even use it's own under-volt command. Check out the Read-Me file of the miner in this case. Simply edit the command in the start file of the miner and you'll be good to go.

What're the values of voltage which GPU-Z is currently providing to you by the way? You can first try the similar value in the under-clocking, then lower it down and test continuously till you feel that something is going wrong with the hash-rate or GPU driver.
Bostast

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 09:12:03 AM

You can use MSI afterburner to undervolt.
balazarek

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 01:23:23 PM

I have R9 280x. How much can I undervolt ?
NanoPipe

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 01:40:52 PM

You can run at 950 mV and 850 MHz. It depends on the quality of the card. That is more or less ballpark figure.
balazarek

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 03:14:20 PM

You can run at 950 mV and 850 MHz. It depends on the quality of the card. That is more or less ballpark figure.

850 MHz with GPU Clock or Memory Clock ? I have 1070/1600MHz default values.
NanoPipe

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:50:31 PM

850 MHz with GPU Clock or Memory Clock ? I have 1070/1600MHz default values.

850MHz will be with core clock. The memory clock has to be 1250 MHz to have proper speed with Claymore miner.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: