Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show new replies to your posts  (Read 681 times)
stepkrav (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:13:20 PM

Okay when i leave a reply in a thread and then click "Show new replies to your posts." i get a list showing what it says. But say, i don't want to follow a thread anymore, is there a way to not be listed there, even if i had left a reply once. Hope it's clear. Thanks.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 05:20:48 PM

It almost sounds like you want some sort of list full of topics that you are watching...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
stepkrav (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:05:27 PM

Smiley k, thanks theymos
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

It almost sounds like you want some sort of list full of topics that you are watching...
Sometimes my watchlist gets too big and I want an even narrower view, and "new replies to your posts" fits the bill nicely. The only think that is missing is the ability to remove threads from that list.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:41:38 AM

Sometimes my watchlist gets too big and I want an even narrower view, and "new replies to your posts" fits the bill nicely. The only think that is missing is the ability to remove threads from that list.

No, that's not the correct solution. A better solution would be to allow more than one watchlist—maybe up to 5 per user, 10 for donators and 25 for VIPs.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:49:47 AM

No, that's not the correct solution. A better solution would be to allow more than one watchlist—maybe up to 5 per user, 10 for donators and 25 for VIPs.
That wouldn't help my use case very much.

My choice of threads to read is based on how much time I have, so I group them into consecutively-smaller sets.

"Show unread posts since last visit" is the largest set, as it includes all forum areas I do not ignore.
"Watchlist" contains all the posts in a few key forum areas I have set to automatically watch, and the occasional one I set to manually watch.
"Show new replies to your posts" is the smallest set, and it's sometimes the only one I read due to time constraints. The only problem is that sometimes I post in a thread but don't want to ever look at it again, like the Ripple Giveaway thread. Having posts in there that I don't want to see is aggravating because frequently when I'm using that link it's because I am time constrained.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 02:54:08 AM

That wouldn't help my use case very much.

My choice of threads to read is based on how much time I have, so I group them into consecutively-smaller sets.

"Show unread posts since last visit" is the largest set, as it includes all forum areas I do not ignore.
"Watchlist" contains all the posts in a few key forum areas I have set to automatically watch, and the occasional one I set to manually watch.
"Show new replies to your posts" is the smallest set, and it's sometimes the only one I read due to time constraints. The only problem is that sometimes I post in a thread but don't want to ever look at it again, like the Ripple Giveaway thread. Having posts in there that I don't want to see is aggravating because frequently when I'm using that link it's because I am time constrained.

Yes, it would. If you had more than one watchlist, you can have it like this:

"Show unread posts since last visit" is the largest set, as it includes all forum areas you do not ignore.
"Watchlist A" contains all the posts in a few key forum areas I have set to automatically watch, and the occasional one I set to manually watch.
"Show new replies to your posts" is as before.
"Watchlist B" contains all replies to thread you've posted in, and gives you the ability to unwatch any threads (the functionality you want).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: