Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: WHAT IS BYTECOIN???  (Voting closed: July 09, 2013, 06:00:11 PM)
Scam - 39 (42.4%)
A Real Option - 34 (37%)
Fraud - 5 (5.4%)
Another Fraudulent Cryptocurrency - 14 (15.2%)
Total Voters: 92

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BYTECOIN IS A SCAM??? POLL  (Read 2187 times)
algorithmic

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:50:57 AM

I think, it's good that there is an equivalent alternative to bitcoin and I support it with mining. Why there should be only one big crypto currency?

It is better to have many crypto-currencies competing on features (and there are some), but what's the point of an identical copy? 

Hmm, but with all the recent mainstream press about bitcoin and many new people diving in there might be a lot of suckers who will invest in bytecoin.  Hey, I think I'll start my own clone, gigabytecoin! It's a billion times better than bytecoin!

Izerian

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:59:45 AM

I think, it's good that there is an equivalent alternative to bitcoin and I support it with mining. Why there should be only one big crypto currency?

"many" & "competing on features"

Long live Capitalism!
aspect

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:12:53 AM

So what's next, KiloCoin?  MegaCoin?

Maybe Google should release Google Coin?  That would be even more superior.

Absurd...
memorysnake

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:58:53 AM

It is better to have many crypto-currencies competing on features (and there are some), but what's the point of an identical copy? 

I think there is tons of room for an identical copy, but only if the developers of bitcoin where in on it.  The "testnet" is not enough to try out major changes to bitcoin... there needs to be something identical, that is maybe 10% as popular, to test out big protocol changes BEFORE adding it to main bitcoin.  The only way to do that is on an identical "coin" , but if the bitcoin dev's aren't going to do this, then yes its a waste of time

Only legit alt currency I have tried is NAMECOIN, it actually adds new ideas and code, was innovative etc. the rest are minor changes by people who don't even understand bitcoin or why it is the way it is

WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:13:04 AM

I heard there was going to be scaling problems. That the bitcoin network won't be able to handle more than x transactions per second, and it needs to be able to handle y transactions per second to compete with VisaCard. I also heard that if Bitcoin becomes the only dominant currency in the world that people would live their whole lives on only .003 btc or some such...

well... this strikes me as a solution to both problems...
memorysnake

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:16:53 AM

I heard there was going to be scaling problems. That the bitcoin network won't be able to handle more than x transactions per second, and it needs to be able to handle y transactions per second to compete with VisaCard. I also heard that if Bitcoin becomes the only dominant currency in the world that people would live their whole lives on only .003 btc or some such...

Well, they will have to make changes if it gets super popular.  And they need to test those changes first to make sure they aren't going to lead to an unknown error.... so I suppose they could test things on bytecoin.
The prob is bytecoin is super shady and obviously just someone playing a joke/scam.
That's fine, but the name is so similar to bitcoin I worry it would cause problems
WishIStartedSooner

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:28:07 AM

Well, they will have to make changes if it gets super popular.  And they need to test those changes first to make sure they aren't going to lead to an unknown error.... so I suppose they could test things on bytecoin.
The prob is bytecoin is super shady and obviously just someone playing a joke/scam.
That's fine, but the name is so similar to bitcoin I worry it would cause problems

i thought they were just going to copy and paste the work the bitcoin devs do.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:31:24 AM

pretty sure next April fool MegCoin will be invented.
WishIStartedSooner

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:35:02 AM

Idk, but adopting a series of currencies instead of just one makes sense to me.

different currencies for different niches.

a new bitcoin everytime the last bitcoin gets too crowded.

a thousand chances to buy into the next big currency.

bitcoin clones will happen until there is an actual need for a currency to add something new, then that currency will "ditch" the rest in it's spot in line waiting for use.

there could be some protocol for the exchanges to handle many different types of currencies.

what's wrong with this idea, even if it did start as an april fools?
mickFNQ1

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:36:51 AM

I am following Rallye Wink
algorithmic

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:44:54 AM

There is an interesting discussion of this idea in another thread:
is trollcoin (bytecoin) unwittingly the solution to bitcoins scalability issue? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167023.0

TheMildChaos

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:56:55 AM

I believe that what is being discussed in the thread (in the OP) is indeed, a joke. It'd almost be nice if we could do CPU mining for that kind of thing, but I'm still stuck with the older generation of CPUs.
BitHits

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 09:47:42 AM

Scam or not, I've made a faucet for it. And I actually bought some BTE. So...so far doesnt seem like a scam to me.

If the network functions...and it appears it does...Can it even be stopped now ?

www.ByteHits.info

Free BTC http://beta.BitHits.info BTC 1DNNERMT5MMusfYnCBfcKCBjBKZWBC5Lg2 DGC DH2Pm4VXxsTeqUYZkEySU1c8p5TLvuLe8u LTC LP2QiL1pnsaKVX5Qa811pFJuFL8FxkxWRz
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: